Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

This was my favourite

A watered down league due to compromised drafts for several years for the benefit of the franchises meant the competition they had in the intervening period (2012 to 2015) was a mere shadow of the quality sides Geelong had to face to win their flags between 2007 and 2011. These piss and poo k hunts have all the luck in the world.

I didn't know where to post this. Thread fits...

You lucky, lucky plicks

:D

You're a brave man on your board. Your logical praise for a side that just won 3 premierships in a row is met with some amusingly bias vitriol. Thanks for being one of the good ones.

I honestly believe this Hawks team wouldn't beat our team through 2007-2011, at it's peak. Nor would it beat the Lions 3peat team. Geelong poster

He/she can keep dreaming cause thats all they've got.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Geelong board: 'IS ANYONE EVER GOING TO PLAY ON F#CKING MITCHELL???

FFS the 17 other clubs have had 7 YEARS to sort this out and they still let the little cheat run around and do whatever he wants.'
More bitter tears.....not sure why they would call him a cheat....Geebong have more than their fair share of stagers and divers.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MinerBoy might remember the Essendon poster who argued over the preseason that Hawthorn's defence wasn't in the top 6 in the comp.

I saw him posting very similar only a week ago on the D&T board, despite the For and Against for the entire season telling a different story.
We got more than half of that substandard defence through Free Agency so says RUNVS. What's scary is he got 30 likes or so for posting it.

From the swans board

The poor babies. We play on the MCG as much as anyone else. Everyone plays there. Only the weagles through a quirk of the draw didn't play there much.
I know we lost the QF but I have no doubt we could have brought it for the GF if it was at Subi. This year of all year's shows we can go anywhere and bring it. First Vic team to win a prelim interstate ffs

We were monstrous on Saturday. We killed the Eagles. That's not a home grand advantage. It's a Hawthorn kick ass advantsge

oh sighs..............all the folks............Dees and scum fans on one board ... saying the maggots were kind to us.............did they watch the game?

and I also had to listen to a lot of Mitch trash talk and someone wanted to know had i given Hodgey a beer..

seriously

I know we lost the QF but I have no doubt we could have brought it for the GF if it was at Subi. This year of all year's shows we can go anywhere and bring it. First Vic team to win a prelim interstate ffs

We were monstrous on Saturday. We killed the Eagles. That's not a home grand advantage. It's a Hawthorn kick ass advantsge

I agree with this. I think if it'd been held at Subi, we'd have come in with far more intel, buoyed by the victories of the previous weeks, in particular the victory against Fremantle at Subi the previous week. We'd be conditioned to playing on the ground. I heard that the football department chose shoes for the QF game which meant players were slipping over all the time. It goes to show there's more happening than what appears on the surface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/10/05/a-hawthorn-four-peat-looks-inevitable/

15 Metres is needed for a mark said

Yes, I agree another boring grand final is inevitable. I have watched every grand final since 1980 (well I turned off the last three by half time) but I will not be watching next year’s one if Hawthorn is in it. The NRL grand final was far superior to the AFL grand final. Can the AFL afford to have four lifeless, boring grand finals in a row? Each of these matches (and presumably next year’s one) have been/will be decided in the 1st quarter.
Meanwhile, the NRL had a cliffhanger with a dramatic ending. Still, the AFL only have themselves to blame. They created the Hawthorn machine with all their concessions. Fancy setting up Hawthorn as the sole owners of Tasmania…wouldn’t logic have dictated a variety of teams playing out of Tasmania? And the “equalisation tax” has been handled poorly, not impacting on Hawthorn at all. Too strong, too powerful, will win.

oh man

MinerBoy might remember the Essendon poster who argued over the preseason that Hawthorn's defence wasn't in the top 6 in the comp.

I saw him posting very similar only a week ago on the D&T board, despite the For and Against for the entire season telling a different story.

I'm 40+ and a lot of beer has gone under the bridge since then so I don't recall. However if it's an Essendon poster with no idea on matters footy and Hawthorn then I'm going to hazard a guess it was Eth-Dog?

Last edited:
Only bitterness i have is we didn't make a game of it for our supporters and mutual supporters who just want to see a great grand Final...Can't comprehend the feeling of winning 3 in a row hand's down the best team ever in my opinion the Brisbane team wouldn't stand a chance.. Was my first grand final and Melbourne was bustling and the Hawthorn supporter base was welcoming apart from a few after midnight but you get that..Congrats on the 2015 premiership !!

Short version: the AFL have given them concessions by not handicapping them enough.

Lol - drunk poster is drunk. :drunk:

I've been away from BigFooty for awhile, and now I've come back, it seems to have gotten even worse. I've just been in a thread about Hawthorn and our use of pokies. Apparently we should not be allowed to make any income from them as other clubs do, and as the "Family Club" we should set the example. Work THAT one out.

You gotta wonder which club supporters were doing the hardest after yesterday's defeat - cats or swans supporters. Our club has mentally destroyed them

WC supporters whilst disappointed, they clearly have more class.

I tend to agree, and a lot of it comes from Adam Simpson. He realises that West Coast have work to do in order to close the gap, and that is what he has focussed on. He's a class act and good for the mentality of the club. Longmire and Scott, however, are an entirely different story. What a couple of boofheads.

Listening to Akermanis after being asked if his lions were better, his answer is laughable. Of course he is biased but he said the lions are better due to the fact they didn't top up with players from other clubs and that they had 17 players win 3 in a row and then went on to say we only have 5. Obviously one of us can't count, as by my calculations we have the exact same number of players winning the 3peat at 17.
6 of them are 4 time hawk premiership players.
So Aker your argument is void.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back