Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering if we have missed out on many port magpies father son players in the past because of the 200 rather than 100 game threshold?

Just wondering if we have missed out on many port magpies father son players in the past because of the 200 rather than 100 game threshold?

Brad Ebert

Geebung have been arguably the biggest beneficiary of the father/son rule, but I reckon the bummers will do very well out of the Daniher family, and as custo sidevalve says, the wobbler supporters are very excited about Darcy Moore.

Re Port, probably too much water has flowed under the bridge for any son of Choco or Sean Burgoyne to come to us.

As for other SANFL clubs tied to Port under the father son, anyone else remember that fat C grade plonker Beythein ringing 5AA when the poms were zoned to the Power, saying no son of his would ever play for Port?

No problem this end Beythein, you merchant banker, they would have to have been 10 times better than you to be water boys at Alberton!

Ahh, Handbag. I played a lot of Junior footy against him and believe me he was a sook.

I saw Tex at the Geelong game, wearing a Power guernsey.....

So fingers crossed he's found the path of good, not evil already......

;)

Gerard Whateley in his review of his game day experience with Port on that day made some comment about being in the rooms and said something along the lines of - you see Gavin Wanganeen and see his son kicking the ball and think - in a few years time young fella you will be in there......

Peter's got a boy or two doesn't he? Might not have a choice in the end.

Sure does. Was watching him today at the SAPSASA carnival. Has improved a fair bit since I last saw him (late last footy season). Progressing nicely altho the kid is only 12yo.

The other one I noticed was the younger mead. Also developing very nicely.

Sure does. Was watching him today at the SAPSASA carnival. Has improved a fair bit since I last saw him (late last footy season). Progressing nicely altho the kid is only 12yo.

The other one I noticed was the younger mead. Also developing very nicely.

Yeah, I can't see Shaun staying in Melbourne when he retires what with his dad, brother and the like over here. If Peter's lad starts tracking towards a father-son berth you couldn't see Shaun pointing his lad towards Glenferrie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely, now that we are one club and have no ties to the SANFL anymore - KT would be lobbying to align out F/S rule with the other traditional Vic clubs model ....
We already have the '100 game in the AFL model' all other AFL clubs have, and it will start producing potential picks very soon. The mechanism for picking up F/S choices from SANFL players from pre-1997 doesn't matter much anymore, we're at the tail-end of it.

The AFL will almost certainly abolish father/son before we gain anything out of it.
I think you need a few honey ants, you don't sound like a happy Ant Bear. Why would anyone abolish father/son picks? Everyone loves it.

I think you need a few honey ants, you don't sound like a happy Ant Bear. Why would anyone abolish father/son picks? Everyone loves it.
:DGoes with the rest of my conspiracy theories:oops:

We already have the '100 game in the AFL model' all other AFL clubs have, and it will start producing potential picks very soon. The mechanism for picking up F/S choices from SANFL players from pre-1997 doesn't matter much anymore, we're at the tail-end of it.

Now that you've said that, watch Northa's son become a better Devon Smith.

Did Craig Burton play 200 games for North Adelaide?

I see his son kicked 5 in the U18s last week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back