2nds Preliminary Final: Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday September 14th 2:40pm

Winner plays Norwood in the Grand Final.

Robbie Young dislocated his finger, Slattery may have hurt his shoulder, Paul Stewart hurt his back but played on.

Hopefully we regain J.Butcher and Hitchcock (and possibly Kane Mitchell).

Last edited:
We need a ruckman. They thumped us in the middle during the year. Given we dont have one, we need to try and play both haren and gordon to at least add height

I think we are too short down back. Stevenson, Flynn and Heath are not KPDers only Clurey is.

Bring Haren (utility) in to play Ruck/CHB and swap with Bruggemann during periods of the game.

Butcher, Shaw, Harvey can stay forward and Harvey can ruck in the fwd line. Leaving Stewart to play either defense or midfield.

Gonna go Sunday for the 2nd to last game of footy at Adelaide Oval for 2014.

Does anyone know what the entry is on Sunday?

Absolutely NFI who's gonna win this.

Butcher unlikely to play according to today's fish'n'chip wrapper.

South looked good against Sturt and it promises to be an entertaining match.

Every neutral fan has well and truly jumped on the Panthers bandwagon...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2672/

Port Adelaide utility Nathan Krakouer has accepted a reprimand for making forceful front-on contact with Norwood’s Ben Jefferies in Saturday’s Second Semi-Final at Adelaide Oval.

Butcher trained last night with the Power squad at Adelaide Oval. Well he did for the 20 odd minutes I was there before i was asked to leave by one of the blokes that works for Port. It was a closed session but I walked in the eastern side with a guy who open the corporate door near the east gate.

He looked to be moving ok to me.

Butch is back! Pretty strong team. Really wish the club website would format the SANFL line-up properly...

F:
Brendon Ah Chee, Mitch Harvey, Mason Shaw
HF:
Darcy Byrne-Jones, John Butcher, Ben Newton
C:
Cameron Hitchcock, Steven Summerton, Paul Stewart
HB:
Campbell Heath, Lewis Stevenson, Karl Amon
B: Nathan Krakouer, Tom Clurey, Sam Russell
R:
Angus Bruggemann, Sam Gray, Tom Logan
Int: Aaron Young, Jarman Impey, Kane Mitchell, Daniel Flynn, Henry Slattery
In: J. Butcher, Mitchell, Russell, Hitchcock
Out: R. Young (finger), Biemans (omitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impey - Mitchell - A.Young have all traveled to Perth.

The game starts at 5.40pm Perth time. There is a 5-00pm and 5-55pm direct flight from Perth to Adelaide to get in at 9.15pm and 10.15pm respectively. They would surely send back one player on one of those two flights but not all three as you want one, maybe two there at the ground for a very last minute change. You wouldn't want to send the player back to Melbourne on a red eye get into Melboune 8am and then fly to Adelaide for an mid arvo final. There are no flights from Perth to Melbourne between 6pm and the red eye.

So I reckon only 1 of travelling emergencies will be back for the Maggies PF.

The game starts at 5.40pm Perth time. There is a 5-00pm and 5-55pm direct flight from Perth to Adelaide to get in at 9.15pm and 10.15pm respectively. They would surely send back one player on one of those two flights but not all three as you want one, maybe two there at the ground for a very last minute change. You wouldn't want to send the player back to Melbourne on a red eye get into Melboune 8am and then fly to Adelaide for an mid arvo final. There are no flights from Perth to Melbourne between 6pm and the red eye.

With two to be cut from the Magpies bench, that would make sense. Although, I hope it's two and we can drop Flynn (sorry).

I can definitely see us dropping Flynn.

Hinkley says all 3 will play if they are not required for the AFL game

Butcher trained last night with the Power squad at Adelaide Oval. Well he did for the 20 odd minutes I was there before i was asked to leave by one of the blokes that works for Port. It was a closed session but I walked in the eastern side with a guy who open the corporate door near the east gate.

He looked to be moving ok to me.
No offence but it was a closed session and you were asked to leave so you didn't report any information......like you just did.

Does anyone know if the White Marquee will be open for this game - wouldn't mind a couple of Coopers Clear and one of their tasty burgers before the game?

Does anyone know if the White Marquee will be open for this game - wouldn't mind a couple of Coopers Clear and one of their tasty burgers before the game?

Dont know but will ask Dave Banner tonight and report back.

Good news for the Maggies because Port Adelaide making the AFL prelims means all AFL listed players are eligible for the rest of the SANFL finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back