C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rissoles, just that at the moment - a rumour. A lot of water to pass under the bridge. It has been talked about as a possibility but a long way from occurring.
Obviously the club are struggling at the moment as we have lost 17 senior players from last year. We have a large numbers of 19's which is great, however, getting nos for ressies is a real struggle. We have superules now which makes it harder for the 2's as those who would normally play are now playing in over 35s.
90% of our players are tradies. In this tough economic climate, they would rather work on a Sat morning than travel 45mins - 1 hour to play Hampton, Ormond, Parkdale, Peninsula, Monash, Oakleigh.
All clubs go through it, 4 years ago we had 4 teams and won 2 flags and a runners up. We have been apart of the ammos since 1979, so there is a strong bond with the ammos. The club will make a decision on what' best for the club. In 2015 we will be apart of the ammos unless something drastic occurs.

17 players I heard it was more like 25. Either way that's a rather large exodus for one season. I wonder if anyone down at the bearcave is asking the hard questions as to why

Swings and roundabouts, bedford. We went through a similar problem during our free fall from B Section to D1. There are enough good people at Banyule to make sure they work their way through it.

I also hear that the 5 highly prized eltham recruits turned up to one preseason session then decided to go back to eltham. - I reckon there is more going on at the bearcave than people would like to admit.

I also hear that the 5 highly prized eltham recruits turned up to one preseason session then decided to go back to eltham. - I reckon there is more going on at the bearcave than people would like to admit.

Incorrect, 2 went back and 3 stayed. Only 1 has played every match, other 2 have had significant injuries.

Interesting about your focus on banyule. The 2 that went back as we couldn't get them jobs. As far as the players leaving.... Money, retirement, overseas, sick of travel, etc
The list goes on, all clubs go thru it, ours happens to be this year.

The blood thirst for attempting to destroy struggling Clubs on The entire VAFA forum on BigFooty is appalling. I cannot understand why certain people want to destroy other clubs. It ultimately destroys the competition. If clubs are struggling, we should all try and assist, not criticise them. In our section, I'm sure we've all experienced the ups and downs. We should be offering them encouragement and assistance if needed in the areas of timekeeping, etc instead of treating them like pariahs. It's community football, for gods sake, not live or die.

You started well, but to mention the timekeeping is not on when they had plenty of people around the bar b.
Geezus, Bedford, I was not referring to you in any way! I absolutely admire your service to amateur football. You are one of the champions but I've also seen your utter commitment to your Club overtake your love of football on occasions. And your memory to never forget.
The VAFA needs long time, experienced clubmen like you to support the concept of inter-club evolvement.
I'm not trying to piss in your pocket because I wouldn't dare. Our football competition just needs a bit of share and care.
Is that too much to ask for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry , what I meant is that we had our timekeeper doing their scoreboard in the Ressies, surely they had someone. Its like the Pirates , no interchange when there was plenty of people at the club, its not a tough gig anymore. I don't want to see any club in the Ammo's fall over, maybe some in other comps ! who's greed is s**t for the game.

Sorry , what I meant is that we had our timekeeper doing their scoreboard in the Ressies, surely they had someone. Its like the Pirates , no interchange when there was plenty of people at the club, its not a tough gig anymore. I don't want to see any club in the Ammo's fall over, maybe some in other comps ! who's greed is s**t for the game.

Agreed, champ. There is no doubt that other Clubs don't do what they should do on occasions. As long as they are helped, instructed and told what to do next time by more experienced or better clubs, surely that will help us all.
As for other comps, you know as well as I do, Bedford that there seems to be a time of reckoning coming to the all. The time of paying big bucks to players for one season is coming to a well and truly end.

Agreed, champ. There is no doubt that other Clubs don't do what they should do on occasions. As long as they are helped, instructed and told what to do next time by more experienced or better clubs, surely that will help us all.
As for other comps, you know as well as I do, Bedford that there seems to be a time of reckoning coming to the all. The time of paying big bucks to players for one season is coming to a well and truly end.
Yes agreed Rissoles clubs cannot afford to be paying big bucks anymore unless they have a huge "white knight" which by the way some of the other league clubs do have and good on them. Other comps that also struggle for volunteers don't have an "interchange steward" they simply give the umpire the power to send off the player that may have transgressed for the rest of the quarter or the rest of the match ( and cannot be replaced) if it is serious that then alleviates the need for a steward to monitor send offs. It is archaic that the VAFA still require a steward.

Next meeting that you have with the VAFA ask them about the introduction of a points system similar to a salary cap that is going to be introduced on a trial from 2016 amongst "paying " leagues. That will even up the comps a bit and might assist the VAFA a little. I hear it will work along the lines of a max number of pints of 100 with 25 points allocated to an ex AFL player that played more than 50 games, 20 points for an ex vfl player that has played more than 50 games but only 15 if they had played at that club as a junior ( returning) right through to 0 points for kids that come up through the juniors etc, I am not across the finer detail but it is a concept that has been floating around for a while and will be interesting if implemented, at least they are trying to even it up a bit and stop the clubs with white knights dominating.

It is interesting that you think that clubs don't see past the performance of their own club, with due respect I see a lot of games from a number of leagues and whilst they all fight like cat and dog on field if they can help each other they do, just like Orm helping Banyule and Peninsula and how many times have we all seen medicos from both clubs run out to injured players regardless of team? Just because you get a few clowns on here that only see their club and nothing else does not mean that mentality exists throughout the clubs generally.

Also as long as you have egotistical types with loads of cash then the days of paying big bucks will continue and rise until this points system is introduced.

They record any send offs, which happened on the weekend, but no interchange steward
Just to clarify the situation when a player is sent off.

It is solely upto the timekeeper to record when the player was sent off and when he can come back on.

From the VAFA Website

PLAYERS ORDERED FROM THE FIELD (YELLOW, RED OR BLACK CARDS)

Players sent from the field under a yellow or red card are to spend 12 minutes actual playing time off the arena. Timekeepers are to acknowledge the field umpire when the card is raised and the penalty time commences once play resumes. The timekeeper is to advise the runner or a team official when this penalty time has elapsed and the player may again take the field. When a black card is issued, the player cannot take the field for the remainder of the match however they can be replaced after 12 minutes playing time. Again, the
timekeeper is to advise a team official once this period has elapsed.

Again from the VAFA Website

Interchange officer/steward

To supply a Steward to supervise the interchange of players:-
(a) The Steward shall position himself between the boundary line and fence on the centre wing within a marked area fifteen (15) metres in width and shall be attired in a white coat.
(b) All interchanging of players shall take place within the marked area and the official runner of the club concerned shall advise the Steward of each interchange. Any interchange made during the quarter time, half-time or three quarter time intervals must be notified to the Steward prior to the commencement of the next quarter.
(c) Interchanging of players may be made at any time during the course of a match. The Steward shall keep a record of all interchanges made during the game and shall hand such record to the field umpire at the conclusion of the match. The record shall consist of the numbers of the players involved in the interchange and the quarter or interval during which such nterchange took place.
(d) A player who is replaced otherwise than as provided in these rules shall not be entitled to return to the field for the emainder of the match.

Max "Rules" Leader

Max , they are not the present interchange rule, numbers of players on the interchange bench at the start of each Q need to be recorded by the steward.
Perspective, good post. A points system has been used in the VTCA for several years now and is starting to take affect, it will be more effective in footy than cricket.

Max , they are not the present interchange rule, numbers of players on the interchange bench at the start of each Q need to be recorded by the steward.
Perspective, good post. A points system has been used in the VTCA for several years now and is starting to take affect, it will be more effective in footy than cricket.
I agree with you but the VAFA website says otherwise.

Why doesn't that surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back