Premier Division 2021 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed a few Vermont boys playing in the NT.
Presuming they play with Vermont in 2020 how does that work for player points?

Point gets deducted from the number if they stay with the club each year. It would only be interesting if they recruited players from the nt

do the points start anew if they transfer from Vermont to say Palmerston and then back to Vermont?
or do they still deduct because they played 2019 and then 2020 for Vermont irrespective of what they did inbetween?

do the points start anew if they transfer from Vermont to say Palmerston and then back to Vermont?
or do they still deduct because they played 2019 and then 2020 for Vermont irrespective of what they did inbetween?

That is a good question.You would think that if they were a 4 point player in 2018,moved to Palmerston in 2019 them back to Vermont in 2020 they would remain as a 4 point player.Any one else know?

I’d say the nt stuff would have no effect as it is a summer league and blokes go up there to play - no intent to leave their local club back here

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree but what happens if say a 4 point Vermont player in 2018 goes and plays at another club in 2019 but returns to Vermont in 2020.How many points would he be in 2020.My understanding with the points system you loose 1 point every year you stay at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about points and South Croydon with some big signings there with Jordy Williams and the Monkhurst brothers.Not sure Woori Yallock will be pleased with that news but good gets for South Croydon.
It will be interesting too see how all three go at South Croydon!

At least one ex teammate of theirs now at south is very excited. Reckons they are huge signings

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lets hope they have gone to South Croydon No.1 to play with mates and not money No.1 but realise their credentials they should/could get more then others.Personally feel the salary cap and points system is the best thing that has happened in local footy over the last few years and takes so much pressure off clubs trying to raise X amount to compete with the big clubs and makes clubs work on No.1 and that is their junior football club which is their future.

Salary cap I’m not so sure about 🏏but points has definitely helped . Premier league a lot more even with less thrashings

Agree on Salary cap,I am sure there are clubs out there cheating the system and always question how big name ex AFL players are playing VAFA footy for nothing.

Last edited:
Boyd gone to amateurs. Can someone explain why the ammos don’t pay their players . He is obviously getting a job and other things so why don’t the ammos stop playing these games and just pay their bloody players !!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back