Scandal 'Prominent' AFL Player's brother charged with 25 sex offences

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.news.com.au/news/law-order/afl-players-brother-on-25-sex-charges/story-fni0fee2-1226960913767

THE teenage brother of a prominent AFL footballer has been charged with the shocking rape of a 15-year-old girl in a city carpark.

The boy is facing 25 charges including rape, attempted rape and false imprisonment over the alleged attack on the girl in April 12.
I find this sort of reporting so frustrating. So now a prominent player potentially gets his name attached to discussions about something he has no control over, was not present at and effectively has nothing to do with him.

Last edited:
I find this sort of reporting so frustrating. So now a prominent player potential gets his name attached to discussions about something he has no control over, was not present at and effectively has nothing to do with him.

Exactly,the Hun can't name the teenage due to his age,so why even the need to mention he has a brother that plays AFL ?
His brother is the one in possible trouble and may not even live with his AFL brother anymore.

Last edited:

Kim-Duthie.jpg

"Say that again"

I find this sort of reporting so frustrating. So now a prominent player potential gets his name attached to discussions about something he has no control over, was not present at and effectively has nothing to do with him.

Exactly. and 'journalists' wonder why they have a bad reputation.....

THE teenage brother of a prominent AFL footballer has been charged with the shocking rape of a 15-year-old girl in a city carpark.

The boy is facing 25 charges including rape, attempted rape and false imprisonment over the alleged attack on the girl in April 12.

A warrant was issued for the boy’s arrest this week after he failed to appear in a children’s court to face the serious sexual assault charges.

Sources have told the Herald Sun the star player’s younger brother assaulted the girl in a carpark outside a block of flats in Fitzroy.
The teen’s dad angrily denied the allegations — claiming it was the girl’s word against his son’s.

It is believed he was with a group of mates when he met the girl while out late last Saturday night.

Police allege the groups started talking before the teen took the alleged victim to the car park where he held her captive and assaulted her.

Following the attack the girl ran to her group of friends who phoned police while holding the alleged attacker.

The boy’s father said it would be up to the courts to decide if a crime had been committed.

“It is against two people, like you and me here, I say yes I did and you say no you did not.”

The teen also faces charges of assault, threats to kill, trespass and theft of electronics - a total of 39 charges from four separate incidents.
Date fail, top work Hun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.news.com.au/news/law-order/afl-players-brother-on-25-sex-charges/story-fni0fee2-1226960913767

The saying goes, "You can't be your brothers keeper" How very true. The player can't be held responsable for his brothers actions or any other member of his family. Just like we can't be held responsable for any of our families action.

Why wouldn't it be serious? Didn't he just have his own sexual assault scandal?

Lol. If by 'sexual assault scandal' you mean interviewed with no indication that it would go further, yes, that's a scandal.

And then we have to make the jump from "Daw being investigated" to "his family might all be involved! If it's good for one brother it's good for another"..

And then you have the nerve to comment on the input of others :drunk:

Let's hope this one is played out in the courts and not in the media, and that justice is imposed correctly. Least the media could do for the parties involved.

Lol. If by 'sexual assault scandal' you mean interviewed with no indication that it would go further, yes, that's a scandal.

And then we have to make the jump from "Daw being investigated" to "his family might all be involved! If it's good for one brother it's good for another"..

And then you have the nerve to comment on the input of others :drunk:
Precious much?

This anything to do with Majak Daw? Does he have a younger brother?

Will admit was going to post that......Thought the board might go into meltdown if I did.

At least someone had the guts ;)

Will admit was going to post that......Thought the board might go into meltdown if I did.

At least someone had the guts ;)
It's sometimes too easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back