Autopsy R4 Fremantle v Essendon - Positives and Negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys were gifted by the umps tonight, look forward to seeing you in septermber

Given the lopsided count in our favour; 18 to six, I just watched the game again, trying to take an objective view about this. I think the Dons probably missed out on two or three frees that went unpaid (a HTB against Duff I think it was in the last, being the worst of them), and we got a couple of questionable ones, namely, Joshy's high one, which resulted in a shot on goal and the legging free on Suban against Heppel. But the Dons also kicked it out on the full I think I counted five times (?), which although a free, is not something that is really open to dispute (unless it's a line ball, which there were none). So I'd say, realistically, the free kick count was more around the 13 to six mark, which is consistent with the low free kick counts that have been happening this year (see Haw 15 to Us 10 last week). Just more in our favour, because we were predominantly first to it today.

Negatives : mcpharlin suspended for 3 weeks from high contact on mundy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way the AFL worded the head high rules, McPharlin should be in trouble, but teammates don't get cited against one another lol

Don't talk silly guys. Palmer broke his teammate leg and got nothing (unless you count us booting him to GWS :p)

It's mcpharlin's way of telling Mundy to go kiss his butt :p

Positive - Simpson, 13 touches, 5 tackles and seemed to be one step ahead of the play and know what to do, natural footballer.
Hill - bloody rapt with his form, if he keeps kicking those goals I'll need to bring spare undies to the game.
Pearce - solid last year but seems to be doing the flashier things as well this year with some goals.
Taberner - I'm not sold on him yet but he did some nice things and no doubt has his confidence up.

Negatives - Mundy, please let the man play this week footy god.

Too many positives.

-I heard McPharlin, Jonson and duffield, all three defenders lead the disposal count. McPharlin got 31 disposals!:D

-No Fyfe, Barlow, Walters and after half time no Mundy and still won easily.

-Josh Simpson and Tabs did well.

-Pav was getting goals from everywhere.

Did anyone else notice Cam Mooney's (edit) pathetic attempts to interview Pav and Macca at the end of the game?
Mooney started interviewing Pav and every time he asked a question he would immediately look away the very second Pav tried to engage eye contact; you can actually see Pav slow down his talking and look Mooney directly in the eye. Mooney would simply look away to the crowd with his fake, sheepish grin whilst speaking in his dulcet, monotonous voice. At the end you could see Pav wasn't too pleased with the way he expressed his body language and the manner in which he was staring at Mooney.
Watch afterwards the interview with McPharlin and it's done in almost the exact same manner.
Utter, colossal, prick.

I am happy I have seen this mentioned a couple of times. Does he always do this or is it just the whole Geelong not liking Freo thing that has crept in. Pretty poor really, at one stage it looked like he was laughing at something else that was happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another positives: D. Pearce seems to know better about his own abilities. Think he tried to weave freakish magic a bit too often last year, mostly in front of goals. Doing it only when highly likely to be successful this year which makes him a better player.

Another positives: D. Pearce seems to know better about his own abilities. Think he tried to weave freakish magic a bit too often last year, mostly in front of goals. Doing it only when highly likely to be successful this year which makes him a better player.

Agree. His use of his evasion is actually relevant this year. Haven't seen him make one error of judgement in an attempt to show his skill

Shots of goal missing will always be forgiven a miss here and there.

And Danyle Pearce is playing career best footy I reckon

There was more than one occasion when DP made about four repeat efforts, outnumbered by Bummers, and he won and cleared the ball. Just kept scrapping and scrapping. :thumbsu:

And Danyle Pearce is playing career best footy I reckon
There was more than one occasion when DP made about four repeat efforts, outnumbered by Bummers, and he won and cleared the ball. Just kept scrapping and scrapping. :thumbsu:

He has added a "toughness" to his game that was just not there before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back