Preview R6 - GC v Adelaide: Sat 7:40pm, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

We are never going to get the rub of the green with the umpires as we don’t have enough supporters to create the afermation from the crowd.

Even at Metricon there is only enough noise to get a fair go - we never get the rub of the green

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's where we're at. I'm not mad, I thought our midfield gave it a crack, Wittsy drew even, Swallow, Lyons and Miller were good, weller and lonergan were serviceable.

Tackling and pressure was good, we didn't drop away and fought it out. Some really encouraging signs.

For the negatives, we are carrying Day atm, and have for alot of his career. Likeable guy but doesn't look like an afl footballer. We just don't have the evenness across the 22 that the crows have, and that's why imo they are the benchmark. Fair crack, we're a shot next week.

good effort early in the second half, but faded away as expected. i liked seeing bowes in the middle, give him a bit more of a tank and he'll go well. had a good start to the game too.

lynch needs to learn how to play well against good opposition and not throw his game away. he might not be getting silver service because of adelaide's pressure up the ground, but you've gotta show a bit more than what he put up tonight.

Crows seemed to have it on a string in the first half, we couldntdo anything right...

Positives -
Swallow was great, Touk backed up and played pretty well, Lyons solid as usual. Rory Thompson. I thought Lonergan played a really solid game, made a few errors but added a fair bit to the team tonight,

Negatives -
Dew was too slow to move Martin as the loose man in defense. You could see it wasnt going to work out 20 mins into the first quarter.
Young tries hard but he must dip his hands in butter before the game starts and he cannot kick.... Ah Chee will take his spot as soon as he is ready.
Holman didnt seem to have any impact, seems to be slowly fading away from a good start to the season... going to take a while for him to lose his spot as Dew loves him.
Day was average as, constantly runs himself under the ball, our kicking doesnt help but got to have more impact than that.
Lynch got smoked by Talia as usual...

umpiring was frustrating, whats the point of tackling if you dont get rewarded for it , it actually ends up a big disadvantage as your taking yourself out of the contest..almost feel like making a highlight reel of our non calls from our tackling...

I thought the boys played pretty well tonight, I think I have lower expectations than most.. Adelaide are a very mature and well drilled team.. Fewer mistakes and are able to capitalize on our mistakes time and again..
We are probably in year one of our latest push whereas Adelaide are right there, just about second favs for the Ship..
We definitely lack depth in ours mids behind Lyons Swallow and Miller who all tried their guts out tonight..
Day showed glimpses but we need him to be Josh Jenkins and he isn't there yet..
I'm sorry Holman and Young are not the answers for all their tenacity.. they both deliver the ball with a 9 iron.. Holman might be the worst kick in the comp.. Watched Ah Chee today and he was very good, get him in there..
Bowes is making some teenager mistakes but he looks the goods, keep perservering..
Harbrow was great again as was Rory.. Joyce was costly early but he kept trying..
One thing, Adelaide space very well at the contest. They give the contest area 10 meters and when it comes out they are not all in each others way and they just run it down our throats with handball chains or short kicks to possession, very much like Hawthorn did in there golden 6 or 7 years they had recently..
Our outside guys are too close, if they get it they are set upon and are under too much pressure to possess it cleanly therein creating another contest..
So in summary we showed some good signs had 4 or 5 good contributions, 5 or 6 inconsistent contributions and 10 or 12 passengers and got comfortably beaten by a contender...
We got a good chance next week..
All this mini grand final crap! Spare me, how many grand finals can you have in a season? It's one isn't it? And we won't be in it!
If you can't get up for an AFL game go play Lawn Bowls..

I thought the boys played pretty well tonight, I think I have lower expectations than most.. Adelaide are a very mature and well drilled team.. Fewer mistakes and are able to capitalize on our mistakes time and again..
We are probably in year one of our latest push whereas Adelaide are right there, just about second favs for the Ship..
We definitely lack depth in ours mids behind Lyons Swallow and Miller who all tried their guts out tonight..
Day showed glimpses but we need him to be Josh Jenkins and he isn't there yet..
I'm sorry Holman and Young are not the answers for all their tenacity.. they both deliver the ball with a 9 iron.. Holman might be the worst kick in the comp.. Watched Ah Chee today and he was very good, get him in there..
Bowes is making some teenager mistakes but he looks the goods, keep perservering..
Harbrow was great again as was Rory.. Joyce was costly early but he kept trying..
One thing, Adelaide space very well at the contest. They give the contest area 10 meters and when it comes out they are not all in each others way and they just run it down our throats with handball chains or short kicks to possession, very much like Hawthorn did in there golden 6 or 7 years they had recently..
Our outside guys are too close, if they get it they are set upon and are under too much pressure to possess it cleanly therein creating another contest..
So in summary we showed some good signs had 4 or 5 good contributions, 5 or 6 inconsistent contributions and 10 or 12 passengers and got comfortably beaten by a contender...
We got a good chance next week..
All this mini grand final crap! Spare me, how many grand finals can you have in a season? It's one isn't it? And we won't be in it!
If you can't get up for an AFL game go play Lawn Bowls..

GD stop allowing me to get under your skin with my point of view. It’s an opinion. I told you when I first started posting I’m not going anywhere...deal with it.
At 3W and 3L next week is not only winnable but a win stops us from being under the pump and keeps things upbeat for keeping the dream alive

If the Suns play like they did today and the Dogs play like they did last night = advantage Suns

Good result if walker play in the second half but he is not so i still don't know how good or Bad GC is in term of performance . I think some players need to be rested because of the unusual away trip GC had regardless of form .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back