Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watson makes 52 from 50 balls, but fails to go on with it. No surprises there.

Mitch Marsh knocks out a casual 169 from 188 balls. Surely it's time?

Handy 78 from 113 from Pete Nevill puts the heat on Brad Haddin too.

Watson makes 52 from 50 balls, but fails to go on with it. No surprises there.

Mitch Marsh knocks out a casual 169 from 188 balls. Surely it's time?

Handy 78 from 113 from Pete Nevill puts the heat on Brad Haddin too.
It was time about three years ago.

Bernard Tomic
GEDoH6F.gif

Showing your age Coop. Most of the posters wouldn't have been born when they were around.

I liked Run DMC and Beastie Boys so I'm really showing my age. I went backwards and got into Grandmaster Flash and Curtis Mayfield, George Clinton and all the stuff they sampled in the 90s.

have you ever lived there?

First of all, living there is completely irrelevant to being able to form on opinion on what is happening in America right now. For example, would you find it condescending if I responded to one of your posts about football with, have you ever played AFL at the highest level? If not, perhaps you should refrain from making any further comments on this forum. LOL.

For what it's worth, I have been to America 5 times in the last 12 years, with the longest stint being 6 months. I have a cousin who lives in Dallas and a best friend from high school who married a girl from Ohio, but they currently live in Chicago. This has afforded me the opportunity to get to know their friendship circles quite well and spent a lot of time with ordinary Americans. I also work in software and also employ 2 developers who are U.S. based who have been with me for over 3 years and have stayed with their families during trips to the States.

The difference in the attitude of the youth from when I first went there in 2002 to today is startling. Obviously it was fairly soon after 9/11 and everybody was very pro American, this is the greatest country in the world etc. The youth of today is much different. They are waking up to the fact the country is screwed right now and they are angry as hell. If you are 35 or under and not working on Wall Street things are tough. It is not a great feeling leaving college with a $300K debt with zero job prospects. The country is littered with broke ass youth working as servers, or those that are happy to resort to stripping.

Having spent a lot of time down south with my cousin, but more importantly learning about this experiences there, you are kidding yourself if you think racism is still not a major issue. Racism is everywhere, not trying to pretend you don't get racist people in Australia as well. However, it is on a completely different level over there. The militarisation of the police is real, and happening all over small town American, but ultimately in predominately black communities. Just because you don't see tanks rolling down the streets of Manhattan doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Regardless of all this, again you do not need to live in America to rebut the comment that they are forward thinking. Happy to revisit this thread in 1-2 years and see how things are tracking over there. IMO it will get worse, much worse. However, if the Herald Sun is your major news source you probably won't notice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pls

kanyne as kendrick put it "rapper with a ghost writer, WTF happened"

"Projects to' up gang signs is thrown up" - We Major, Kanye 2005

"Projects tore up gang signs get thrown up" - m.A.A.d City, Kendick 2012

What happened indeed ;-)

Kanye is the biggest douchebag on be planet but I still love his music. Criticize away but I'm not alone with those thoughts haha

Will they ever get rid of Watson? Rather have Ishant Sharma in our middle order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back