Autopsy Rd 21. GC SUNS v Essendon Bombers @ Metricon - Saturday 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hall was exactly what we needed this year: a fringe player reaching down with a steady hand, grabbing a first full and reminding himself that he is a man.

Half of our list could take a page out of his book. An absolute shining light, a revelation and a starting midfielder next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you Gold Coast Suns! Finally got to attend a win, and what a finish.. Great crowd too.. Well done by the travelling Essendon supporters too.. The place was electric

It was a good atmosphere tonight. Great win by the Suns. Bloody long queues to get a beer and pie. Nail biting finish but that's what makes our game great.

Was talking to some Bombers supporters tonight who travelled up, and they have heard is is wanting to come back to QLD at seasons end. His young daughter lives up here near Brissy. So he is up for grabs.

We just did'nt have a match up working for Dempsey tonight , would be handy.

Would be happy if we got Dempsey next year.
I agree. He's an unrestricted free agent, so he's free to sign with whomever he likes without Essendon matching. He kicked a few behinds, but he's a good player. Would be a great pick up as a swingman between HF and HB.

What an electric game. Really enjoyed myself tonight. Outcome was good, but getting there was frustrating.

The game was ugly as * to watch, but the ground was unbelievably slippery. I've never seen Metricon like that before. It was raining last night and was incredibly humid today, and combining that with a twilight game was a recipe for disaster.

Overall I thought everyone had a good game. Ignoring disposal and marking errors due to the conditions, there were very few who didn't do 'well'.

May, Schade, and Thompson are a brilliant trio. Schade particularly had a good game, but the other two were still very effective. Good to see Thompson back.

Out makeshift midfield did well to hold back a full-strength Essendon midfield, and Lonergan did a great job on Heppell. Only time Heppell seemed to play well was when he moved into the forward line or when Jesse was on the bench. Aaron Hall best on ground yet again.

Lynch and Martin played a great game. The behinds can be excused for now because (again) the humidity was ****ed up.

I thought Garlett had a terrible game. Just couldn't do a thing right. He'll be a great player, but just didn't have a good time tonight. Stanley was mediocre but held his own.

Smith was ******* putrid. Playing against a McKernan meant that Smith should have dominated the hitouts and really benefited our midfield, but instead, Smith spudded it up time after time. Lucky our midfielders were able to compensate for Smith's stupidity, but it is completely baffling that someone with so much AFL game time can be so terrible.

Definitely missed Dixon's big body in our forward line, I'm sad to admit. Needed physicality in there tonight.

And finally, I thought Josh Hall did okay. Came in after Day's neck issue and held his own quite well. Didn't have an impact whatsoever, but did what he needed to do.

Well done Suns!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back