List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the club might want to announce the re-signings of Zorko and Rich together if possible. They are both vice-captains, they are two of our better players and they are fan favourites among the kids.
Including us big kids.

Well it is super news to hear Rich and Zorko are signing up soon. Really keen for Mayes to re-sign though.

I think he's still on the fence and far from decided. I reckon if he plays a lot of senior footy early, plays well, and we play well, he'll stay.

I think he's still on the fence and far from decided. I reckon if he plays a lot of senior footy early, plays well, and we play well, he'll stay.
The only person to comment about mayes was jon Ralph who reckons he is staying. Trouble is you can't trust Ralph!

Do you think his re-signing will be more dependent on finding a permanent role and some form or the team being able to compete?

Are we all confident green, Taylor, Gardner, clarke and Dawson will re-sign? Haven't heard anything on negotiations with those players but important to our future

Are we all confident green, Taylor, Gardner, clarke and Dawson will re-sign? Haven't heard anything on negotiations with those players but important to our future
Yep, nothing to go on but Taylor and Clarke are best 22, Dizzy has had his injury troubles but is pretty close to Squiz and Dawson is from the academy and if he left I would be pretty blown away.

Yep, nothing to go on but Taylor and Clarke are best 22, Dizzy has had his injury troubles but is pretty close to Squiz and Dawson is from the academy and if he left I would be pretty blown away.
Yeah more or less my thoughts too. Green is the only one that bothers me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the past month or so (some just in the last week), all five mentioned players in the original thread have either been suggested to be re-signing (Zorko, Rich) or had some form of feel good story about them with positive vibes about the club (Green, Taylor, Mayes).

Hoping it all comes to fruition in the short - medium term (prior to rd. 6) so we can start locking away some of the next rung down :cool:

Some really great news regarding Green here!! The club seems to be moving 100% in the right direction!!!

Josh Green commits to Brisbane Lions and wants new deal before Round 1

39 minutes ago
Andrew Hamilton@andrewhammo72The Courier-Mail
24bc4dae4018174ed344c4daea7405cb

Brisbane forward Josh Green (middle) has committed to the Lions. Picture: Getty

JOSH Green has committed to the Lions and wants a new deal locked away before Round 1.

It is a major boost for the Lions given the livewire forward’s future at the Gabba was uncertain late last year.

As word spread around the competition of unrest among some senior players, the Lions received a call from Essendon inquiring about Green’s availability.

The 23-year-old Tasmanian did not ask Brisbane to explore a trade but nor was he entirely happy.

Now he says Brisbane feels like a new club.

Like many players he is thrilled with the arrival of welfare duo Craig and Melissa Lambert and he says his working relationship with coach Justin Leppitsch has improved.

v1

He wants the Lions and his manager to waste no time getting a new deal sorted out.

“I am really keen. I have been here six years and I don’t want to jump off the ship,’’ he said.

“I can’t see why it would (drag out). I am a bit of a no-fuss sort of guy and I’m keen to get it done before the start of the season so there’s no distractions.

“The club has changed a bit with personnel. The new talent makes it really exciting and it feels like we are revitalised as a group.

“The Lamberts have come in and done a great job and even credit to Leppa, everyone is working on the areas they need to work on.’’

738deb38303db064326aa24918378fb2

Lion forward Josh Green mobbed by teammates. Picture: Getty
Green was believed to be angered by quips from Leppitsch about his weight last season.

But he says he never fell out of love with the Lions.

“I had a few things going not right last year, probably my own problems with my weight and stuff and I’ve worked on that,’’ he said.

“And I have a really good group of mates here.’’

Green has led Brisbane’s goalkicking for the past two years but is sometimes maligned for not being an elite runner and his defensive efforts have earned public criticism from Leppitsch in the past.

However, Lions CEO Greg Swann is one of his biggest supporters.

“The club has been great in the way they encourage me and make me feel like I am a valued member of the side,’’ he said.

“To come to me with a contract is a sign of their faith in me and I am pretty keen to repay it.’’

Green has started to step up his running after missing a month with a broken foot and has his sights set on a shock return for Round 1.

“I don’t think I will get a NAB game in at all, but I think two or three weeks of full training and I will be right to play,’’ he said.

Some really great news regarding Green here!! The club seems to be moving 100% in the right direction!!!

Josh Green commits to Brisbane Lions and wants new deal before Round 1

39 minutes ago
Andrew Hamilton@andrewhammo72The Courier-Mail
24bc4dae4018174ed344c4daea7405cb

Brisbane forward Josh Green (middle) has committed to the Lions. Picture: Getty

JOSH Green has committed to the Lions and wants a new deal locked away before Round 1.

It is a major boost for the Lions given the livewire forward’s future at the Gabba was uncertain late last year.

As word spread around the competition of unrest among some senior players, the Lions received a call from Essendon inquiring about Green’s availability.

The 23-year-old Tasmanian did not ask Brisbane to explore a trade but nor was he entirely happy.

Now he says Brisbane feels like a new club.

Like many players he is thrilled with the arrival of welfare duo Craig and Melissa Lambert and he says his working relationship with coach Justin Leppitsch has improved.

v1

He wants the Lions and his manager to waste no time getting a new deal sorted out.

“I am really keen. I have been here six years and I don’t want to jump off the ship,’’ he said.

“I can’t see why it would (drag out). I am a bit of a no-fuss sort of guy and I’m keen to get it done before the start of the season so there’s no distractions.

“The club has changed a bit with personnel. The new talent makes it really exciting and it feels like we are revitalised as a group.

“The Lamberts have come in and done a great job and even credit to Leppa, everyone is working on the areas they need to work on.’’

738deb38303db064326aa24918378fb2

Lion forward Josh Green mobbed by teammates. Picture: Getty
Green was believed to be angered by quips from Leppitsch about his weight last season.

But he says he never fell out of love with the Lions.

“I had a few things going not right last year, probably my own problems with my weight and stuff and I’ve worked on that,’’ he said.

“And I have a really good group of mates here.’’

Green has led Brisbane’s goalkicking for the past two years but is sometimes maligned for not being an elite runner and his defensive efforts have earned public criticism from Leppitsch in the past.

However, Lions CEO Greg Swann is one of his biggest supporters.

“The club has been great in the way they encourage me and make me feel like I am a valued member of the side,’’ he said.

“To come to me with a contract is a sign of their faith in me and I am pretty keen to repay it.’’

Green has started to step up his running after missing a month with a broken foot and has his sights set on a shock return for Round 1.

“I don’t think I will get a NAB game in at all, but I think two or three weeks of full training and I will be right to play,’’ he said.
Outstanding!

In one of the first home games the year Josh joined the Lions my 7 yo son saw him in the crowd and went and had a chat. Josh was polite and generous with his time and even handed over his mobile number (maybe a little chuffed that he had been recognized??) and we have been a big fans ever since. Bloody wonderful to have him sticking around and even better that that it comes on the rebound from some difficulties in club. Club definitely moving in the right direction.
We never did try that number. Wonder if he still has the same one.

In one of the first home games the year Josh joined the Lions my 7 yo son saw him in the crowd and went and had a chat. Josh was polite and generous with his time and even handed over his mobile number (maybe a little chuffed that he had been recognized??) and we have been a big fans ever since. Bloody wonderful to have him sticking around and even better that that it comes on the rebound from some difficulties in club. Club definitely moving in the right direction.
We never did try that number. Wonder if he still has the same one.
Text him. Post results on Bigfooty. Profit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back