jezza

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2004
Slobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Edgehead
Say the Tigers finish bottom, Melbourne 15th and Cartlon 14th. All teams win 4 or less games. Tigers and Dees qualify for a PP between 1st and 2nd rounds. Blues qualify at the start of the 1st having 2 seasons in a row with 16 points or less.

Does this mean the order would be:

1. Carlton
2. Richmond
3. Melbourne
4. Carlton
5. 13th team
etc
18: Richmond
19: Melbourne
20: Richmond
21: Melbourne
22: Carlton
etc

Cheers.

Say the Tigers finish bottom, Melbourne 15th and Cartlon 14th. All teams win 4 or less games. Tigers and Dees qualify for a PP between 1st and 2nd rounds. Blues qualify at the start of the 1st having 2 seasons in a row with 16 points or less.

Does this mean the order would be:

1. Carlton
2. Richmond
3. Melbourne
4. Carlton
5. 13th team
etc
18: Richmond
19: Melbourne
20: Richmond
21: Melbourne
22: Carlton
etc

Cheers.

It's weird but Carlton would have pick 1 as in the first list you typed. Bloody harsh to the teams that finish below them.

It's weird but Carlton would have pick 1 as in the first list you typed. Bloody harsh to the teams that finish below them.

Not really since we had to suffer for two years in a row while they only had to suffer for one. Already feel robbed that we didn't get it last year. Probably won't happen but would be funny (and at the same time depressing as it would mean another crap year) if it did?

Not really since we had to suffer for two years in a row while they only had to suffer for one.

Bullshit!! You think Richmond fans have suffered for ONE year???????

Already feel robbed that we didn't get it last year.

You DID get it last year, I know Gibbs has been quiet but he IS on your list...

You have already got the LAST TWO number 1 draft picks and you're still not satisfied?!?

You feel robbed last year while getting pick 1??

I'm speechless.

You have already got the LAST TWO number 1 draft picks and you're still not satisfied?!?

I'm speechless.

We would have got pick 1 and 2 if they didn't change the rules. There is a big difference between getting Leuenberger, Selwood or Gumbleton to getting Hampson.

Bullshit!! You think Richmond fans have suffered for ONE year???????

I'm speechless.
Richmond haven't had it as hard since they haven't win back to back spoons and earnt that early pick.

Add that to our draft penalties which were OTT.

Poor Richmond! :rolleyes:

Carlton might have selected Gibbs, Hansen/Leuenberger/Gumbleton, Jetta and another midfielder with 1 and 2. That changes the set up of our list going forward and might affect the type of player we select this year.

And we weren't robbed! :rolleyes:

Richmond have only had it hard because they picked the wrong players when they finished last.

Do the Tigers still have the Deledio cup? :p :D

It was a good change, but the timing sucked.

Would have loved Essendon to have got Gumby AND Hansen (as I think the blues would have got Leuenberger), espescially if we'd still ended up with Hislop. Would have been a brilliant draft, although handed to us on a silver platter.

It was a good change, but the timing sucked.

Would have loved Essendon to have got Gumby AND Hansen (as I think the blues would have got Leuenberger), espescially if we'd still ended up with Hislop. Would have been a brilliant draft, although handed to us on a silver platter.

Even Selwood would have been nice, but yeah Hansen, Gumbleton and Ryder as 3 of our future big men would be spectacular.

The draft order should be put in a lottery from 9th-16th placed teams so that the concept of tanking can be removed from the game.

That statement does not make sense, the concept of tanking in reality does not happen it is really driven by the media and some supporters, team such as Carlton, Richmond etc finish down near the bottom because of the poor quality of their list and without the draft how would teams like this improve.

Hawthorn has probably benefited from this system and you wish to change this rules, the change to priority rule last year only makes it more difficult for teams that really bottom out to rise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back