Toast Ricky Petterd retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Never shirked an issue and could be counted to give his all on the field for the Tigers.

Great example of a true professional player and role model.

Good luck ricky

Id imagine with all the old blokes gone we could prob take a punt on a old geelong player
I suspect you're probably right much against my wishes
I doubt the club under the smart management of Benny, Peggy and co cleared this much cap space for a has been. Our moneyball system to survive the compromised drafts is over and we are now actively hunting a few guns to get us to a flag imo :)

I doubt the club under the smart management of Benny, Peggy and co cleared this much cap space for a has been. Our moneyball system to survive the compromised drafts is over and we are now actively hunting a few guns to get us to a flag imo :)
I agree, but I've been hearing horrible rumours similar to livingIn Sydney's comment .we don't need spent hacks we need A graders now

I agree, but I've been hearing horrible rumours similar to livingIn Sydney's comment .we don't need spent hacks we need A graders now
Like the rumors that Rance would quit the tigs? Like the rumors that the boys weren't playing for dimma at the start of the season? Going on where Benny and co have gotten us during a 2 team expansion I reckon we can trust em to get treloar and motlop or treloar and yarran this off season. My only concern is that if we pay treloar heaps that it doesn't make any problems for team harmony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the rumors that Rance would quit the tigs? Like the rumors that the boys weren't playing for dimma at the start of the season? Going on where Benny and co have gotten us during a 2 team expansion I reckon we can trust em to get treloar and motlop or treloar and yarran this off season. My only concern is that if we pay treloar heaps that it doesn't make any problems for team harmony.
I know , but when it comes to trusting the rfc I get a bit nervous:oops:
Looking at what we've paid our guns I don't think Dan the Pro will go overboard
If I was a player and Treloar come over for big bucks I would be elated as enhances the chances of playing in a flag :)
We still have to lure a big name as most of our fish have been delisted players which a blindfolded monkey could have goto_O

I know , but when it comes to trusting the rfc I get a bit nervous:oops:
Looking at what we've paid our guns I don't think Dan the Pro will go overboard
If I was a player and Treloar come over for big bucks I would be elated as enhances the chances of playing in a flag :)
We still have to lure a big name as most of our fish have been delisted players which a blindfolded monkey could have goto_O
I can never blame a fellow tiger for being nervous after all we have been through together TI, going on current form though as a betting man i would bet that we are on the right track ;)

Was always best 22 when fit. Reckon we missed him this year to be honest. Thanks Ricky.

Ps mate my rumour makers are normally pretty good thats why I'm worried

Well done Ricky. Weren't the most skillful player but u put ur body on the line without question every time. I still remember a couple of years ago he won us the game against Carlton running back with the flight of the ball and got pummelled by the pack while thumping the ball over for a behind.

Another good quality hard at it guy retiring. Shame to see you go Ricky. Sucks that injury forced you out. :cry:

Opens up space on our list for Treloar and Danger. Yarran as an extra if need be :cool:

Well done Ricky. Weren't the most skillful player but u put ur body on the line without question every time. I still remember a couple of years ago he won us the game against Carlton running back with the flight of the ball and got pummelled by the pack while thumping the ball over for a behind.

I was maybe 20 rows back from the fence in that pocket, that game. Petterd had the stuffing knocked out of him. Arms above his head, eyes only for the footy, and 3 or 4 blokes flew into his ribs. He grimaced and looked hurt, but got up pretty quick and made position to be an option for the kick in.

Being belted like that would have been the end of the game for some.

In fact I think we delisted him and he came to Richmond as a rookie?

I believe so - off the rookie list, during the phase we were using the rookie list as a lifeline for delisted players. One of the better value pick-ups, for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back