Autopsy Roast 'Em or Toast 'Em v Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

They will never pick Goodes, he is treated like a saint
I will say this, its wrong to racially abuse players no question. in saying that there should never be special treatment of a player due to race either. Equal across the board or its never even. No matter if your skin is White, Black, Brown or pink with blue spots penalties and criticism should be the same across the board. To be down on a player for bad sportsmanship is NOT racial.

I will say this, its wrong to racially abuse players no question. in saying that there should never be special treatment of a player due to race either. Equal across the board or its never even. No matter if your skin is White, Black, Brown or pink with blue spots penalties and criticism should be the same across the board. To be down on a player for bad sportsmanship is NOT racial.
Spot on, Goodes should serve a suspension, twice he took a dive or at least over accentuated the contact in this game, not a good look.

umpiring ~ meh! we got a few soft ones like delidio 50m

but that rohan one - there was no vision of it but just didn't seem to be a free against us

The thing about those two Delidio goals where there was a 50 and down the ground or whatever it was was that Lids scored goals from them. How many teams have seen vital gimme goals like that missed all season. His responsibility was to get the 6 points and he did it on both occasions despite the question mark over the umps decision. When he put us back in front that was huge going into 3/4 time.

Back to less serious happy moments for the tigers board I have been told by two seperate nurses that i could be heard singing "were from tigerland" on the whole ward. The best bit is im in Adelaide in hospital boys, can you imagine all the devestated crows supporters having to hear me belt out the Yellow and Black :) And no i dont feel the slightest bit bad about it.

I agree, and I was surprised that this morning The Footy Show mentioned Goodes antics last night. I am glad it was pointed out, because he over does it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lids 50 was soft but that is because of the rule not any umpiring favouritism, held on to after disposal which he was, is 50 metres for some reason?
The rule is if a player disposes of the ball, then is impeded from continuing his involvement in the play it a 50 m penalty. It cam in because players were getting held for way too long after they get rid of the ball and in effect *ed from playing the game.

Some awesome posts in here:D, worn out the like button!
Watched the replay this morning, hoping for a calm analysis of the game, was shitting myself again in the last five minutes:eek:.
Highlight the second time round was the Tiger crowd reaction, the players reactions and Richo's reaction:D.
Huge shout out to the admin, board, footy department, coaching staff and entire playing staff for staying true to themselves at 3-10 and showing the football world, and a few Tigers as well, that this is a new Richmond that, win or lose next week, has real substance and a bright future.
Massive credit to Sydney as well for making it such a fantastic contest, every other side that had top spot secured would have allowed us to cruise to a 4/5 goal win, not Sydney, they played to win and will probably take it out this year, if we don't:p.
Some massive contributions from players who couldn't make my top five, but deserved to:
Ivan - what a man he is, worked so hard
Cotch - first half set us up, transformed himself this season as a leader and a contested ball machine
Miles - finals football is made for this bloke, hates a hard ball!!!
Dusty - Genuine match winner and a nightmare to match up on.
Ellis - Elite running and courage, will only get better.
Grimes - Showing why the coaches had such faith in him
Big Benny - Not only for his marking and kicking, but his grunt work in the packs was so important, and a huge step in his development.
These guys could have got votes and many others contributed to a magnificent team win.

Back to less serious happy moments for the tigers board I have been told by two seperate nurses that i could be heard singing "were from tigerland" on the whole ward. The best bit is im in Adelaide in hospital boys, can you imagine all the devestated crows supporters having to hear me belt out the Yellow and Black :) And no i dont feel the slightest bit bad about it.
hahaha gold!!

The courage book of VFL finals 1897 - 1972

1967 - Page 220 "Then in the last term the Tigers unleashed a brilliant burst of six goals five, sweeping the Carlton defenders aside and going on to a forty-point win, a win which considerably reduced their odds for the premiership. Critics pointed out, too, the Tigers did not have a single player in their line-up who had previously played in a finals match, making their win even more meritorious."

September 09 - Second Semi-Final
Richmond 20 - 21 (141)
Carlton 14 - 17 (101)

Grimes - Showing why the coaches had such faith in him
Big Benny - Not only for his marking and kicking, but his grunt work in the packs was so important, and a huge step in his development.
Grimes is very very important and is playing great.
Griffiths work at ground level should not be under estimated - scraps pretty hard - like him big time....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back