Autopsy Roast & toast vs St Kilda, changes for Brisbane, Thursday June 29

Best vs Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see Hopper play Half Forward to see if he can use his endurance and size to set up our forwards. This also allows us to retain our current midfield rotations. Maybe Hopper and Prestia can split time through the middle and half forward but then we start to throw out the balance of our forwardline.

Hopper's return is my biggest dilemma. I really think we have the might right with our midfield and forwardline in terms of diversity of strengths. The only way I'd play Hopper, personally, is to swap him with Cotchin, Prestia or Dusty but atm, I think all of these players offer more in the middle than he does.

I'm interested to see what the selection committee do next week

Straight back into the guts. We’ve been doing well lately but we’re likely to cop an injury to two to our midfield.

Hopper being out has been good for Ross and Graham but he’s a class above IMO

I might be being a bit harsh, stats certainly say im wrong. My concern is the one or two crucial decisions he makes. One led to a goal on the weekend the other he had no peripheral vision which lead to an opposition player intercept marking. He does that sort of thing at least once or twice a game it feels like and it frustrates the * outa me. Certainly wouldn’t want to see him dropped.
Dropped!, not a bad statement until then...
Anyway, I guess his type of mids who burrow in and get it and clear it are not often polished players. Those that are are in the elite category. He is not elite, just very good.

He gets it and hacks it forward pretty often, but that work is so often under appreciated by all bar his team mates, otherwise they have to do it. He also works very hard defensively, again not sexy, but he has always had the knack of kicking goals, and some of them are really good goals. So on the ledger he is very good, and no let's not drop him.

By no means am I saying it’s gonna happen again; you’re right, this year is looking much more difficult. 2019 was no big injuries after the bye, and in that run of 9 we played Pies (finished 4th), Brisbane (2nd) and Eagles (5th).

This year Lynch is out for at least half of our last 9, and we still have to play 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th on the current ladder. It’s gonna be tough just to make finals with that draw.

Tell you what, though… if we knock a few of those teams off and make it, we’ll be in terrific form.
Perversely enough, if we continue the form build, the perfect would be just drop just one game for the remainder of this year. The best game to lose would be the Wee girls match.

Perfect psychology - no oppo scouts could gain decent intel on a loss to the Wee girls.
Perfect salt for the general media and BF. Oh, the salt would be magical, given the end game.
Perfect timing, cobwebs cleared, regrouped, refocused, launching a 6-0 run into the finals, finishing fourth. besting most all contenders. Complete 9-0 run to lift the cup.

Ah, dreams.

no game this week is *en bullshit

abolish the bye

MammothNeedyHyrax-max-1mb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropped!, not a bad statement until then...
Anyway, I guess his type of mids who burrow in and get it and clear it are not often polished players. Those that are are in the elite category. He is not elite, just very good.

He gets it and hacks it forward pretty often, but that work is so often under appreciated by all bar his team mates, otherwise they have to do it. He also works very hard defensively, again not sexy, but he has always had the knack of kicking goals, and some of them are really good goals. So on the ledger he is very good, and no let's not drop him.
I said I wouldn’t want to see him dropped.

hows it round 15 already 🤪

felt like yesterday I was watching us flog the crows at ao in round 2 with a few ice cold vbs
Be round 15 next year and injury list will still have Lynch 7-12 weeks

I haven't read through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Max King's second goal should have been a free to Balta for high contact? Combine that with his questionable first mark and could (should) have been held to 0 goals..
Screenshot_20230622_092003_Kayo Sports.jpg

I haven't read through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Max King's second goal should have been a free to Balta for high contact? Combine that with his questionable first mark and could (should) have been held to 0 goals..
View attachment 1718705

Yep, Noah absolutely ******* towelled him up. Karma for being an absolute cocknosed campaigner.

View attachment 1718705

True, but I reckon you could find a free kick in every marking contest these days. Blocks, pushes, holding…happens every time.

Back