Autopsy Round 15, 2019: Hawks kick themselves out of it against the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes u lose and only good can come from it. It's rare but it can happen. We lost with the umpires a winnable game.

We do not move up the ladder, so our draft pick isn't affected. We weren't making finals anyway. We saw some performances of our future team that give us hope.

Yes in the last u hope but afterwards u sit back and say all good in the bigger scheme of things.

I'm not happy we lost or excited about the draft. I have a St Kilda supporting rellie, all he ever does is go on about draft picks, it's sad and pathetic, never want to be one of those people.
We aren't StKilda.

Let’s hope he wants to be part of it
Considering he’s at the Hawks game, with his premiership Hawk father, talking about the Hawks, I don’t think we need to hope.

When you are getting smacked in the clearances it’s hard to win possession of the footy to play said possession football. To say locking down the game plan at the time we did we did with only a one point lead was stupid in my opinion. We aren’t a finals caliber team trying to stop a team smashing us in the guts in the fourth! I rather us have a crack and attack and lose then try think we are the same team that could win clearances and chip it around for the last ten minutes because we are not!

Our teams future is full of if’s. If we have Mitchell and he can replicate his form off a terrible injury. If we can get cognilio. But we don’t think of what happens if the production quality of McEvoy decreases. We’ve spent a year where Breust and Gunston can’t get a look in. People need to stop looking at age as what determines output like Henderson, who has blown everyone’s mind with his out put. I feel like we have more on the decline then we can bring in on the incline. I don’t give a * that west coast is the reigning premiers and we gave them a go. Read what their fans think of the game for an opinion. We can’t bury teams when we should against a Team playing interstate shot with injuries letting nick Nat have a decent crack at us at his lowest form.

It is ok to be negative I’ve followed the club through thick and thin no matter what. Our draw is difficult extremely difficult. We’re shot. I understand the club topping up to stay competitive but as we expect to add players do we consider the decrease talent of some players? Frawley killed today but how will he shape next year? Think about Burgoyne retiring? We are a leaky ship with a 10mm home trying to fix it with 2mm plugs!

Seriously, anyone saying they're happy we lost can go get f#cked. The boys put everything on the line today and I'm devastated for them. We don't tank at Hawthorn and I'm bloody proud of that. Hopefully North give the pies a bruising contest tonight as we'll have 22 banged up bodies after today's game
Not saying I'm happy about the loss, just saying it's not as if it cost us top 2 or top 4 which would be devastating.
For a club that focuses everything on our next premiership this loss is painless....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should’ve told him that Schoenmakers is keeping the #25 warm for him but it will be vacant come 2020.
Nah, that’s pretty disrespectful.

I don’t think umpiring cost us and maybe it’s my bias but am I alone in thinking that we get moved on and called to play on quicker than others - it was the same against Sydney

I and the commentary thought the Sicily block wasn’t a free but smith needs to own the stupidity regardless of how soft the free and 50 was
Only decision I was angry about was an out of bounds called from behind the player in the last few minutes. I was right behind the player and saw the umpire in front of our player - he didn’t call it.. didn’t think it was out and thought I was in good position.
But really - Impey was awesome... totally... and our kicking for goal still sucks...

The team battled, but we aren’t good unfortunately and the rest of the season will show it. I love the team but playing to hold on with a point lead showed how we worried about them turning it on. They slept against us we didn’t over perform. I may sound negative but Howe did a great job tagging Jaeger busted his ass, shiels is a battler but we need Mitchell but also an explosive midfielder urgently

I cannot believe Hawthorn supporters were watching that last 5 minutes hoping West Coast would win. Surely not.

I understand after the fact looking at what it means to our season, but surely in the moment, game on the line, you could not be barracking for the opposition to win - that is F’d up.

Us on the ground are hoping the boys can kick a goal in the last 2 minutes and devastated when Eagles kick the last goal. Is there anyone here that wants Eagles to win?

I can't say about others but they are the reigning premier, and we are, like Clarko said in the middle of the road team. So coming to the game I was genuinely think we'll get belted by 10 goals, but no, was pleasantly surprised that we're leading until the last minute, hence happy. What's wrong with that?

In isolation the last goal was kicked because our achilles heel was exposed.
Too many blokes jumping at the contest leaving crumbers free at the drop of the ball.
When will we or the coachng staff learn?
This. It's bugged me all season. Our positioning at marking contests is abysmal. I was at the game and found it very frustrating that, even in the wet, we didn't have crumbers front and back. Schoolboy stuff. My son's U14 team knows better!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ollie... hopefully he'll play again next week.

For those wondering why our forward line functioned a bit better today, it’s because we had Nash playing.

Nash’s importance in Ollie’s goal is underestimated, he draws two defenders to the arial contest and then taps it down to Ollie who is free as a result.

Nash’s arial contest work today was brilliant, having Nash or Lewis in our forward line makes such a difference structurally.

I cannot believe Hawthorn supporters were watching that last 5 minutes hoping West Coast would win. Surely not.

I understand after the fact looking at what it means to our season, but surely in the moment, game on the line, you could not be barracking for the opposition to win - that is F’d up.
Not hoping for a loss, just not being overly dissapointed.....

Positives well outweigh the negatives
- effort there in spades
- functioning dangerous looking forward line ( bar the finishing) for the first time a long time
- inclusions all showed something
- can I mention effort again ??

Just lacked finishing and composure at key times , every time they needed a goal they found one .
Just felt they they would always pinch it in the end .
Excited for next season , there is something to work with imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back