Autopsy Round 16: It’s like kissing your sister

Remove this Banner Ad

I am only up to page 10 but I think it is safe to say that this thread is bonkers. People are attacking our defenders, people are questioning if we have the right forward line,
but it is really really simple. We didn’t kick straight. If we kicked as accurately as last week, we win by a few goals and we would all be celebrating.

I think it is fair to question whether the team has the mental hardness it needs, but besides that we played really well against the premiers, who have beaten us by about 100 points the last two times we played them.

No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.
100% well said! My only issue with last night was our goal kicking and set shots.

Otherwise it was a super impressive performance especially 1st half. Gee whiz that’s what I was hoping for in the Granny. Took us another game to figure Geelong out.

Not a fan of Chris Scott but credit to him and Geelong coaching panel, they were able to shut down our game plan after half time, we should be proud of the effort and late come back but rue our kicking.

That's what's infuriating. It all comes down to confidence. And the yips seem to be a real thing with us. I swear we need to hire a club psychologist.

Blakey oozes confidence at least.
I actually thought we had one employed by the club or at least used by the club.
I thought I read that Ladhams was seeing one.

honestly saying anything about fox given the 15 behinds and two point posts beforehsnd is just bizarre.

Im Just staggered that time after time when our midfield does well we don’t make enough of the opportunities. 24 hours later still frustrated
He missed a sitter to win the game, any feedback is valid. As is the kudos when he does well

100% well said! My only issue with last night was our goal kicking and set shots.

Otherwise it was a super impressive performance especially 1st half. Gee whiz that’s what I was hoping for in the Granny. Took us another game to figure Geelong out.

Not a fan of Chris Scott but credit to him and Geelong coaching panel, they were able to shut down our game plan after half time, we should be proud of the effort and late come back but rue our kicking.

To be fair Geelong of last night is about 70% of the team that played in the GF

They have dropped significantly from round 6 as well.

They are 9th for a reason.

Taylor spent more time discussing his daisies than he did the game - he is seriously the most insulting, boorish, over-blown egotistical turd that 7 has ever employed - a complete disgrace.

It’s like being forced to watch a baboon pick its nose, eat it and then jerk off, all while laughing at you.
If ever there was a post that encapsulated my feelings, this it it!

We need to do something about the entrenched bias by the media and umpires. It is way out of hand and by far the biggest threat to this team’s run at premierships in the coming years.

The swans need to run a multifaceted campaign.

They need to run a bunch of soft interviews and exclusives to show what great guys Horse, the team and whole club are.

They need to pay an ex umpire to review the swans games for past 3 seasons, with the aim of catching the incorrect frees and non-frees each way, as well as the time it takes for the umpires to call against the swans vs their opposition (a huge indicator of bias, and waiting for the team to commit an error).

Then they need to get a sound analyst to track all the tapes and measure the volume of the commentator voices when swans score and the opposition scores. As well as how often they question free kicks for and against us.

They then need to send the report and video footage to AFL headquarters and then somehow have its contents leaked to the media along the way.

The club should publicly say that they never intended for the report and footage to be made public, while backgrounding any journalist that listens that the club is seething about the treatment the swans receive and that it had to commission the report because the AFL was doing nothing.

Longmire needs to use his ore game press conferences to highlight the types of umpiring errors he hopes are not made, based on the team we are playing (eg. Against the bulldogs “they are great team that hand passes very quickly, sometimes so quickly that it can fool the eye, I’m sure the umpires will be paying attention”).

I’m sure the club doesn’t want to go down this route, but it is starting to feel like the Adam Goodes situation. Doing nothing and taking it week in week has done nothing to fix the situation. It can’t get worse if we start taking action.

Something has to be done.

We need to do something about the entrenched bias by the media and umpires. It is way out of hand and by far the biggest threat to this team’s run at premierships in the coming years.

They need to run a bunch of soft interviews and exclusives to show what great guys Horse, the team and whole club are.

They need to pay an ex umpire to review the swans games for past 3 seasons, with the aim of catching the incorrect frees and non-frees each way, as well as the time it takes for the umpires to call against the swans vs their opposition (a huge indicator of bias, and waiting for the team to commit an error).

Then they need to get a sound analyst to track all the tapes and measure the volume of the commentator voices when swans score and the opposition scores. As well as how often they question free kicks for and against us.

They then need to send the report and video footage to AFL headquarters and then somehow have its contents leaked to the media along the way.

The club should publicly say that they never intended for the report and footage to be made public, while backgrounding any journalist that listens that the club is seething about the treatment the swans receive and that it had to commission the report because the AFL was doing nothing.

Longmire needs to use his ore game press conferences to highlight the types of umpiring errors he hopes are not made, based on the team we are playing (eg. Against the bulldogs “they are great team that hand passes very quickly, sometimes so quickly that it can fool the eye, I’m sure the umpires will be paying attention”).

I’m sure the club doesn’t want to go down this route, but it is starting to feel like the Adam Goodes situation. Doing nothing and taking it week in week has done nothing to fix the situation. It can’t get worse if we start taking action.

Not as bad as previous years.

Screen_Shot_2023-06-27_at_11.49.00_am.png

I actually didn’t mind the umps.

They generally kept the whistles away - I wish it happened more often.

Free against Cunningham for the Stengle goal - still cannot work out why

Stewart holding onto MacDonald when he is trying to kick off the ground that goes through for a point

No free against against Francis when his head ridden into the ground - the play on ended up in Geelong goal

No feee to Blakey when Stewart tackled his head into ground within our attacking arc on the last quarter

fixed

Honestly I don't think Clarke was going to add too much to the game in the fourth.
If we'd had a Fox clone - an athletic impact might have made a big difference in a key moment.
Who would you have subbed out - all the mids were dialled in to the game and doing great. Mclean? Maybe he was going to be the one to take a key grab....

Hayward can go out not as if he was doing much or sub out McLean and go small

We would not have missed Amartey. Fox was also expendable.

Amarty did a great tackle in our back 50 with four minutes to go. Then did an exquisite kick finding Sheldrick with an overhead mark in the centre circle. It was super highly skillful in a clutch moment. Unfortunately Angus took the wrong option and the pay broke down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Hawkins, I don’t recall a player from either side successfully judging the wind when taking a set-shot at the Florent end.

Is it some weird quirk of the SCG post-development, or was it just hopeless goal kicking?

The wind comes over the members stand which js half as tall as the rest of the stands, creating a wind tunnel of sorts that can wrecks havoc at the florent end

Chris Scott can't count to 30

Nice manifesto RBBS- and not a bad strategy.

Tactically…I doubt you’ll recruit the skills you need - most value their press passes too much.

Stick to ‘subtle suggestion’….the dumber ‘scoops” will use it for ‘proof’ when Horse does his lid.

He missed a sitter to win the game, any feedback is valid. As is the kudos when he does well
Everyone missed sitters.

it’s not feedback. are you are a coach ? It’s just people venting - which I get. I’ve been flat all day and I have assumed we’d miss finals since round 4.

but my god whats the point of venting on fox specifically. Gulden turns the ball over. Blakey got caught holding the ball. amartey McLean McDonald dropped marks. Mistakes were made all night. The entire forward line missed shot after shot.

if we’d been 50 points up at half time fox’s miss is irrelevant

To be fair Geelong of last night is about 70% of the team that played in the GF

They have dropped significantly from round 6 as well.

They are 9th for a reason.

I don’t think Geelong absent Jeremy Cameron is particularly good.

their midfield is just average and Stewart and Cameron cover a lot of weaknesses

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that a couple of 50 gamers in warner and errol are arguably our best players
Mills is still our best player. Slow start to the year admittedly and sub par form for him and then fair lay off with that calf. Will prove to be over the rest of the year going into next. That’s not to say Those 2 along with Blakey and Campbell are right there.

Last edited:
We did everything we could to lose that game and missed the target on that too 🤦🏾‍♂️
Yep. Even the umpires tried to help us lose it, giving Geelong 17 free kicks to our nine.

Heeney tried hard to lose, kicking three out on the full. Hickey gave his best, missing two from close range, while Fox played his heart out to lose in the dying minutes. Once again we were frustrated by Dangerfield, who refused to let us lose with a miraculous miss from right in front.

Kudos to the Cats for their determination to stop us losing. I think the end result was a fair reflection of the game. We were both losers on the night

The wind comes over the members stand which js half as tall as the rest of the stands, creating a wind tunnel of sorts that can wrecks havoc at the florent end

Poor Ollie. Calling it the Florent end is a bit mean. Ollie had an absolute blinderin that game and Ifear that is all he will remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back