Preview Round 21, 2019: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 9 August 2019, 7.50pm @ UNSW Canberra Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughy playing down back @ BH and Walker with 4 goals @ 3QT. I think we bring back the old dog in a new role while trying out new dynamics in the forwardline.

Ins: Scrimshaw, Walker, Roughead, Cousins

Outs: Birchall (inj), Puopolo (omitted), Nash, Howe

B: Stratton Frawley Hardwick
HB: Smith Roughead Sicily
C: Scully O’Meara Henderson
HF: Gunston O’Brien Walker
F: Bruest Lewis Hanrahan
Fol: McEvoy Worpel Wingard
Int: Sheils Cousins Scrimshaw Burgoyne
Agree with you 100%, Roughy in at CHB would free Sic to roam free as a loose defender again, which will be huge with the recent loss of Impey and Birchall. the only other option is brand but not sold with him at all. Mat Walker is on fire so should earn a debut, Cousins has been consistent in the VFL, and Scrimmers is a gun.

Although I'm not into writing off older blokes, the tide might be turning now that 2020 is our next chance at competitive footy.

Scrimshaw should be coming in for Birchall, and Mat Walker should be a chance based on the fact that he's kicking goals, and the Hawks can't buy them at the minute. Howe had a shocker of a first half but I don't see Cousins as a real upgrade, and they might expect Dan to bounce back. Of course Ollie and Nash are vulnerable - 14 touches and 0 goals between them. Ollie is a nice kick i50 though, and Nash nailed his tackles and defensive work, so it wouldn't surprise me if they both stay in. Henderson is also vulnerable, he really can't afford to miss easy shots at goal - he's made a spot for himself by making the most of his opportunities.

Last edited:
GWS are just going over the last 2 weeks but we’ve always struggled at their ground.

Clarko hasn’t played the kids all year - always has been best 22. With season over will he change? Hard to say.

If we really want to rip the band aid off:
Backline:
Scrim (subject to fitness) for birch
CJ for Howe (need some pace down back)

Forwards
Walker, Moore, glass for Ollie, Nash, pops (and put Gunston in forward line for whole game)

Midfield
BB (injured?) for pittonet (or ceglar if want to increase trade value)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS are just going over the last 2 weeks but we’ve always struggled at their ground.

Clarko hasn’t played the kids all year - always has been best 22. With season over will he change? Hard to say.

If we really want to rip the band aid off:
Backline:
Scrim (subject to fitness) for birch
CJ for Howe (need some pace down back)

Forwards
Walker, Moore, glass for Ollie, Nash, pops (and put Gunston in forward line for whole game)

Midfield
BB (injured?) for pittonet (or ceglar if want to increase trade value)

We havent played manuka ever, but they do play better there. It looks a little like tassie york park though

In: Walker, CJ, Roughead, Scrimshaw
Out: Birchall, Nash, Pop, Howe

B: Stratton Frawley Hardwick
HB: Sicily Roughead Scrimshaw
W: Scully Wingard Henderson
HF: Gunston O'Brien Ollie
F: Burger Lewis Bruest
C: McEnvoy O'Meara Worpel
INT: CJ, Walker, Smith, Shiels

Dont need to tackle when you are a rolls Royce of Cyril proportions
Hmmmm :think:

It may have been 18 months ago, but I seem to recall Cyril being pretty handy when tackling - almost like his game was built on it

Roughie to CHB. Make it happen Clarko.

For mine Scrimshaw in for Birchall, Walker or Ross for Ollie or Nash and Roughie for Howe.

The first of those is likely, the rest are long shots.

Reckon we will go okay Manuka as it’s a large ground. I’ll be there so hoping for a big win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back