Autopsy Round 22 Sydney Swans vs Saints. Three things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm laughing that someone used Rose as an argument that we get too many advantages.

The guy will probably be the next Ed Barlow and you have someone crying like he's a steal after playing one quarter.
There will only ever be 1 Ed Barlow !

One thing I learnt, & I hope he learnt to: Goodes can still kick it from 50.

Whenever he's has the ball around the arc over the past couple of seasons, he's looked to pass it off, and often does an ordinary job of doing so, in large part because I reckon the opposition knows it's coming. It was good to see him easily slot one, and I hope it gives him a bit of confidence.

One thing I learnt, & I hope he learnt to: Goodes can still kick it from 50.

Whenever he's has the ball around the arc over the past couple of seasons, he's looked to pass it off, and often does an ordinary job of doing so, in large part because I reckon the opposition knows it's coming. It was good to see him easily slot one, and I hope it gives him a bit of confidence.
Must have been a strong breeze.

Watched the replay this arvo. Really watched Mitchell, and yeah he got a heap of touches and kicked 2 goals, but a good amount of his kicks were absolute tripe floaters that went straight to saints defenders. And he definitely has no right boot.

He'll be fantastic if he could just clean up his kicking. Rest of his game is A grade.

My only qualm from yesterday's effort.

On to the suns

Watched the replay this arvo. Really watched Mitchell, and yeah he got a heap of touches and kicked 2 goals, but a good amount of his kicks were absolute tripe floaters that went straight to saints defenders. And he definitely has no right boot.

He'll be fantastic if he could just clean up his kicking. Rest of his game is A grade.

On to the suns
Funny at the game I thought he was hitting targets pretty well. Will give it another look on the replay.

On to the suns
Is that you Horse?

The opposition's spokesperson.
Sorry:

I was wrong there is a VFL conspiracy they hate us and want to reduce our additional salary cap and make it slightly less easy for us to get priority access to players, we have it so tough and should sue the VFL also the draw and umpires are against us and our players keep getting injured I'm sure Gillon and FatzFatprick and McChins are responsible

Last edited:
Sorry:

Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh there is a VFL conspiracy they hate us and want to reduce our additional salary cap and make it slightly less easy for us to get priority access to players, we have it so tough and should sue the VFL also the draw and umpires are against us and our players keep getting injured I'm sure Gillon and FatzFatprick and McChins are responsible
I can't believe I have to explain this to one of our own.

* If there's no VFL conspiracy then why the hell did we get the trade ban? (list ~100 reasons here of why we shouldn't have a trade ban as explained by many) It was lead by Eddie ffs the VFL traditionalist.

* They want to reduce our salary cap? Go ahead no one was stopping them, pay all the remaining COLA in existing contracts to every player off their budget; which btw they had made us use. Instead they went stupid and hit us with a trade ban.

* Priority access? Damn right we get priority access to academy players. We have shoved millions into them and we deserve reward. That doesn't mean it isn't great for league expansion, because it still is, but we deserve to have a right over the very players we developed.

* Who's complaining about the draw?

* Umpires are against us? Really? Every fan from every supporter base makes that excuse. It is a part of the game get over it.

* LOL wtf... who the hell blamed Gillon, Eddie and co. for the injury of our players?

Seriously mate you're having a cry for no reason. Sound like an opposition supporter who really is just antiswans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On to the suns
Lunacy.

Sorry:

I was wrong there is a VFL conspiracy they hate us and want to reduce our additional salary cap and make it slightly less easy for us to get priority access to players, we have it so tough and should sue the VFL also the draw and umpires are against us and our players keep getting injured I'm sure Gillon and FatzFatprick and McChins are responsible

They made us draft Towers you know

Coaches' votes

ST KILDA V SYDNEY
9 – Daniel Hannebery (Syd)
9 – Josh Kennedy (Syd)
6 – Heath Grundy (Syd)
4 – Kurt Tippett (Syd)
1 – Tom Mitchell (Syd)
1 – Dane Rampe (Syd)

Simple breakdown:
Hannebery - 5, 4
Kennedy - 5, 4
Grundy - 3, 3
Tippett - 2, 2
Mitchell - 1
Rampe - 1

Question is which coach gave Mitchell 1 and which coach gave Rampe 1 (No double entendres please)

Coaches' votes

ST KILDA V SYDNEY
9 – Daniel Hannebery (Syd)
9 – Josh Kennedy (Syd)
6 – Heath Grundy (Syd)
4 – Kurt Tippett (Syd)
1 – Tom Mitchell (Syd)
1 – Dane Rampe (Syd)

Simple breakdown:
Hannebery - 5, 4
Kennedy - 5, 4
Grundy - 3, 3
Tippett - 2, 2
Mitchell - 1
Rampe - 1

Question is which coach gave Mitchell 1 and which coach gave Rampe 1 (No double entendres please)
Horse: Hanners 5, Kennedy 4, Rampe 1 I'm guessing

Horse would of gone rampe

At the risk of being howled down, hanners is becoming one of the overrated players in the league
Beginning to agree with you.

Yeah thought Mitchell would have done a bit better there, thought he seemed more influential around the ground / scoreboard than Hanners despite his 39 touches. Maybe coaches check the stats when giving votes too

Horse: Hanners 5, Kennedy 4, Rampe 1 I'm guessing

Beginning to agree with you.

He is a great player dont get me wrong, but think he gets talked about like he is one of the elite of the comp

Mitchell kennedy both better yesterday Imo

Horse would of gone rampe

At the risk of being howled down, hanners is becoming one of the overrated players in the league

I don't think he's the best user of the footy, but I don't think his possessions are junk, either. Seems to me (and I could be wrong) that a lot of his kicks are to contests. Cleanly hitting up a target would be better, but they're not direct turnovers either.

His DE% (which counts kicks to contests as effective) for the season is around 70%. Noted good user Pendlebury is 76. Sloane, who I reckon plays a similar inside/outside role to Hanners is 68. Averages the same no. of clangers a game ~2.5. Most other stats ses similar.

People rate Sloane highly, but he's averaging 8 touches a game less than Hannebery. If Sloane was a 30-a-game player, he's be getting Hannebery votes.

Last edited:
I don't think he's the best user of the footy, but I don't think his possessions are junk, either. Seems to me (and isn't be wrong) that a lot of his kicks are to contests. Cleanly hitting up a target would be better, but they're not direct turnovers either.

His DE% (which counts kicks to contests as effective) for the season is around 70%. Noted good user Pendlebury is 76. Sloane, who I reckon plays a similar inside/outside role to Hanners is 68, but he gets less of the footy.

Oh for sure, wasnt saying he was craphouse, and not just based on the votes, just think at times he is discussed as one of the elite of the comp (top 10) yesterdays game was good, just surprised he was basically judged best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back