Review Round 23 vs North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium - 20/8/22 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

They were chanting “north’s going to tassie” I’ll send you the video on messenger when I get home
emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Also a good 'Clarko can't fix this' chant haha.

Ben king down the front leaning over

IMG_7428.JPG [=full]1484513[/ATTACH] IMG_7433.JPG IMG_7435.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Attachments

• IMG_7429.JPG
    IMG_7429.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 44
Secco to kick 1.6 whilst burning better options all day.
I was so hoping Sexy would come out today and ream Dew's fat arse
Dew came in saying he wouldn't play favourites and for mine that's his worst trait- he does exactly that!
(I'm on board for Dew btw)
I've posted on multiple occasions that Sexy would have the Club record for bags of 4 or more
Kicking 4 goals in an AFL match once is hard
Doing it lots of times takes real talent
And as for burning team mates?
Who exactly is he burning that's got more goal kicking cred than himself?
I love that he backs himself in

I was so hoping Sexy would come out today and ream Dew's fat arse
Dew came in saying he wouldn't play favourites and for mine that's his worst trait- he does exactly that!
(I'm on board for Dew btw)
I've posted on multiple occasions that Sexy would have the Club record for bags of 4 or more
Kicking 4 goals in an AFL match once is hard
Doing it lots of times takes real talent
And as for burning team mates?
Who exactly is he burning that's got more goal kicking cred than himself?
I love that he backs himself in

Sexton well and truly deserving to give Dew some cheeky lip tonight.

Also, why does your cheersquad bounce silently instead of clapping and cheering? It was the most upsetting thing about today lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, why does your cheersquad bounce silently instead of clapping and cheering? It was the most upsetting thing about today lol
Most of them aren't Suns supporters and are mostly local kids that go to Suns games and sit in the cheer squad and have a bit of fun.

I agree. This is how a cheer squad looks in peak condition

Agreed. You should barrack for your team instead of jumping, it is way better

Most prolific game we've seen from Luko up front.
I like him having the ball 80m out from goal.
He is good at leading up at the ball when we're on a semi fast break whereas Chol is leading back towards goal.

Didn't work out that much this game.. but, still had 2 goal assists.
And he hasn't played there enough to get any connection with the forwards.
Kingy will get hit on the tit time after time next year.

Rosas or Davies sneaky chances at rising star noms?

Rosas
RD 23: 14 disposals, 2 goals, 1 goal assist, 8 score involvements, 4 tackles
Amongst rising stars: 8th goals, 6th goal assists, 6th tackles, 2nd i50 tackles

Davies
RD 23: 15 disposals, 2 goals, 1 goal assist, 4 tackles (3 inside 50)
Amongst rising stars: 5th tackles, 4th centre clearances, 8th clearances, 4th i50 tackles

It's really hard to get a read on that game given how terrible North were in the second half. They barely won a contest. I love that Sexton kicked six, but how much of it is fool's gold? When the game was still in the balance he couldn't impact. Only when our mids got well on top and their defensive pressure faded did he start to run riot. There's absolutely no doubting the forward craft he has, of course. He still has to get into position to kick those goals, but if he's not kicking at least two goals a week, you can't play him. He doesn't offer much else. IMO that's not sustainable, hence why he got dropped. Would I have him over Jeffrey? Nope. That said, would I have Sexton in over Holman? Yeah, I think so. Especially if Davies is going to be playing like that in his role.

Even MacPherson looked good in the second half, streaming off half-back and hitting targets. Like I said, some fool's gold there I think.

When the game was there to be one, it was Swallow & Anderson that did the heavy lifting. Anderson impacted that game in a way that only a few others before him at the club have: GAJ, Harley & Touk. Noah is one pre-season away from doing that routinely IMO. Thing is? No-one is going to tag him. If a team is going to tag anyone, it will be Touk. Anderson is primed for an epic year next year, all things being well.

Chol & Casboult looked so utterly cooked, too. Both paying the price for playing virtually every game. Casboult did well to hang in, but he hasn't been at the level for about a month.

Chol still finding way to get shots at goal despite the fact that he has lost most of his agility and is clearing injured is a great sign for the future for when he gets that back.

Dew said it looked like we had gas in the tank in the presser. I'd dispute that. Some do. A lot don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back