Unofficial Preview Round 5 Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

If West Coast pledged to continue supporting Murray Newman I'd like to think we won't "walk him" for issues we don't even know about yet.
That's said in a literal sense, aside from a footy player going to jail mid contract, it's very rare to see a player walked. But freo could quite possibly step away from his contract when it lapses, best for both parties.
Regardless, storm in a tea cup that has been spilled and made it's way into the back page.
Rare to see something like this since Ross has taken over, freo have become very good at keeping things in house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon might have gotten very temperamental about not making the team after his good performance last weekend. Hope they can sort these issues out cause he really is a serious talent. Doesn't look good though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I reckon that you are making s**t up.

Lewis is a notorious s**t person.

Indeed. Got a big axe to grind.

I think a few people here need to take a deep breath. A reknowned Freo hating "journo" has a bone to chew and we are biting and making up s**t ourselves now.

Fred Ziffel, you are making this sound like we are in French trenches circa 1914-18.

The kid has obviously f***ed up. We will deal with it and move on.

Worst comes to worst and he pays pennance at Peel for a few weeks, but at this stage, he aint even close to being given the pink slip. Jesus, he was picked for the seniors a week ago, not banished to the WAFL and told to shape up.

I think a few people here need to take a deep breath. A reknowned Freo hating "journo" has a bone to chew and we are biting and making up s**t ourselves now.

Fred Ziffel, you are making this sound like we are in French trenches circa 1914-18.

Worst comes to worst and he pays pennance at Peel for a few weeks, but at this stage, he aint even close to being given the pink slip. Jesus, he was picked for the seniors a week ago, not banished to the WAFL and told to shape up.

Thanks slicedndiced I needed that.

Agreed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem is Bushie, what Bondy, isn't saying.
I take issue with him bundling everything into the realm of ISSUES.

If there is a problem with Josh , he should say so and be specific. If it is attitude say so .
If it is health, say so.
If it is physical, say so.
If he goes walkabout, say so.
If it is a maturity problem, say so.
If he cannot handle city life and an AFL regime, say so.

The whole issues stuff I am tired of hearing and it gives outsiders ammunition to undermine the club and impact adversely on our season.
I don't believe I have likened the media to Australian soldiers going to war; However I did use the term enemy because they are not our friends.
They don't like us and I hate them.
They write their s**t and I don't buy it.
They make s**t up on TV and I don't watch it.
They talk s**t on Eagle radio and I don't listen.

The whole story on Josh could have been averted with a more forthright statement from Chris Bond instead of making an issue out of it.

Like I said.

Last edited:
Josh trained Thurs and worked well.Something obviously happened between training and the airport.
If he missed the plane its hardly a hanging offence.The reason he gave for not making the airport might not have gone well with club and this might be causing the angst.Purely speculative on my part like all of the other opinions being bandied about.

Josh trained Thurs and worked well.Something obviously happened between training and the airport.
If he missed the plane its hardly a hanging offence.The reason he gave for not making the airport might not have gone well with club and this might be causing the angst.Purely speculative on my part like all of the other opinions being bandied about.

and you know why Salim ? ... because Chris Bond has conveniently wrapped it up as an issue just so speculation can rage.

Last edited:
Ok enough of the crap. I am getting frustrated with Josh Simpson. Now it's being said he couldn't meet club requirements(sauce afl.com.au) what does that mean? Pull ya head in mate you just had a crack what's the point. Starting to think he will be a lost cause. He done really good against the bombers...might be his claim to fame ala sampi

Is this a p!sstake?

If so, very nicely done. * clap, clap *

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is Bushie, what Bondy, isn't saying.
I take issue with him bundling everything into the realm of ISSUES.

If there is a problem with Josh , he should say so and be specific. If it is attitude say so .
If it is health, say so.
If it is physical, say so.
If he goes walkabout, say so.
If it is a maturity problem, say so.
If he cannot handle city life and an AFL regime, say so.

The whole issues stuff I am tired of hearing and it gives outsiders ammunition to undermine the club and impact adversely on our season.
I don't believe I have likened the media to Australian soldiers going to war; However I did use the term enemy because they are not our friends.
They don't like us and I hate them.
They write their s**t and I don't buy it.
They make s**t up on TV and I don't watch it.
They talk s**t on Eagle radio and I don't listen.

The whole story on Josh could have been averted with a more forthright statement from Chris Bond instead of making an issue out of it.

Like I said.

How do we know that Bond wasn't fed the wrong information in the first place? Which yes, shouldn't happen and is unusual under our current management.

How do we know that the "issues" aren't of a personal nature and have to be spoken about publicly as "issues"?

Seriously, I think you place far too much weight on what is written and spoken about us and the impact it may have on the club and players. Far too much!

I hate "them" too, but in general they make me laugh out loud, or occasionally write a withering email which either gets ignored, or receives a generic reply. Either way I feel better ;)

Some people want this handled "in house" (but we obviously had to say something), others want the specific "issues" detailed for our consumption (but there are privacy and other issues in play). Neither would satisfy the press anyway. I blame the lack of Good Friday footy, if only Norf had been playing their longed-for blockbuster (to raise profits just add one big club and stir) everyone wouldn't be so antsy. If Bushian therapy doesn't work, I recommend a solid hour of meditation on the Crucifixion, lest we have to perform a re-enactment.

I'm going to disagree with you, Fred, this time.
I like that the club is being nonspecific about what happened with Josh.
Of course my curiosity is peaked & personally, I'd love to know,
but with respect to Josh & the club, maybe it is best to allow those issues to be resolved privately.
Surely in this society with twitter & facebook, we have enough info about the every waking movement of some people.
Maybe a bit of decorum & privacy will allow any problems to be attended to efficiently.
After the fact, if Josh is comfortable enough to share what has happened, then let him do so.
These blokes are sportsmen, not entertainers who seek publicity (although they do entertain & many do enjoy the attention)
As for the speculation, who cares?
If the team are doing well, it doesn't matter which Freo player is on the field.
My 2 cents worth anyway.

Maybe the reason is none of our business. Maybe it is better for Bond to not give details, than to have us wildly speculate and for Ross Lewis to go mental at the club.

Personal reasons should stay in house.No matter what Bond said the press where going to run with it like a starving dog with a bone
No matter what the club said with a frothing, rabid press they where on a hiding to nothing

Yeah it's pretty pathetic. Basically chucking a massive sad because someone at the club told him off for writing falsehoods.

Not only is he a sulky journo, but it took two people to write that article!

Sharing blame.

How do we know that Bond wasn't fed the wrong information in the first place? Which yes, shouldn't happen and is unusual under our current management.

How do we know that the "issues" aren't of a personal nature and have to be spoken about publicly as "issues"?

Seriously, I think you place far too much weight on what is written and spoken about us and the impact it may have on the club and players. Far too much!

I hate "them" too, but in general they make me laugh out loud, or occasionally write a withering email which either gets ignored, or receives a generic reply. Either way I feel better ;)

I hear what you are saying but it could easily have been handled better . It certainly could have been explained in a manner to create no ambiguity and not encourage unhelpful speculation.
You see, here you and I are talking about a problem which neither of us know anything about and the club started it.

I hear what you are saying but it could easily have been handled better . It certainly could have been explained in a manner to create no ambiguity and not encourage unhelpful speculation.
You see, here you and I are talking about a problem which neither of us know anything about and the club started it.

No Josh started it.

Pure guessing but my take is 10 min before the flight closes, Chris Bond does a head count been told Josh didnt make the flight. Bond calls him, Josh tells him its my family /wife having dramas/ car troubles... etc.. tells him hes running late. Bonds response "expect more from you Josh... AFL is a proffessional environment.. dont bother, youre not named in any side this week, gonna have to earn your spot back etc. " hangs up phone , chats to Ross and calls crozier and gets him on the next flight.

If he was a travelling emergency he would have been fine all week and expected to fly so was definetly a last minute thing.

Kid will need some extra help, maybe even a bloke employed by the club to get him organized similar to Martin at Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back