Unofficial Preview Round 5 Early Thoughts: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out - Heeney, Cunningham
In- Towers, Mitchell

Play Parker High half forward and rotating through Midfield, he is battling at the moment.
Mitchell plays inside mid.
Towers prob plays sub.

Out - Heeney, Cunningham
In- Towers, Mitchell

Play Parker High half forward and rotating through Midfield, he is battling at the moment.
Mitchell plays inside mid.
Towers prob plays sub.

If heeney is fit would you drop him still?

Any two of Cunningham, McGlynn and Shaw out - Towers and Mitchell in.
Make Jack sub cause he needs to earn starting spot again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to be very mindful of the fact that the Bulldogs this year are playing on at every opportunity when they have the ball and pressing up when they don't have it.
Gday guys

The smaller SCG might help our pressing game but I'd say your mature mids will have a field day and bully us inside, and Buddy will probably annihilate us as no one will be able to go with him.

Will be a good learning curve for us though playing against one of the best.

Any two of Cunningham, McGlynn and Shaw out - Towers and Mitchell in.
Make Jack sub cause he needs to earn starting spot again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give Jack 1 more chance, but he is pushing it. All well and good to bash up awful teams but he rarely has done it lately against the good sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Some serious comments here about dropping half the midfield ?

I'm pretty sure the team that started last night is close to horses best 22. I reckon they'll be given a few more goes personally.

The first thing is that the two halves show the difference between our team when they apply manic pressure and when they think they can win games by a small bruise football. Our best footy is when we seriously pile in on the player with the ball. We have to make our opponents fear what is coming at them. Port was like that. But freo did it to us. And I think it does call for a change.

I think that group relies so heavily on jpk that when he is down they get absolutely monstered by the best inside midfielders. All of these games freo 2013, freo 2015, hawthorn 2014, hawthorn 2014 and even Essendon 2015 come from being brutally destroyed on the ball in the first quarter. I really am increasingly in the as soon as t Mitchell gets form I'd bring him in camp and probably at the expense of Cunningham.

As anyone has read my views would know I'm a fan of towers. But I wouldn't drop mcglynn for him. Not until I was sure that mcglynn was gone. Mcglynns hardness is very important for this team. He really is one of the few who will hit the body of his opponent on the way through. Towers is not that guy.

I'd like to see a few of the reserves earn a spot. I'd love for jones to do that. Provided he shows some familial hardness he would also be a good addition. But it's laidlers spot not shaws that he is lining up for if Reid continues to show he can make it as a defender.

I understand the choice of rohsn as a sub - he brings flexibility. But I don't want to see it again until he has lost form. And I don't ever want to see it so that Cunningham starts. Rohan >>>>>> cunningham

Play Rohan and towers , don't know why it changed . Harry is becoming soft

Tippett buddy towers rohan is perfect imo

Mcglynn is fwd or out

Laidler was crap, but shaw still butchers it

Wow. Some serious comments here about dropping half the midfield ?

I'm pretty sure the team that started last night is close to horses best 22. I reckon they'll be given a few more goes personally.

The first thing is that the two halves show the difference between our team when they apply manic pressure and when they think they can win games by a small bruise football. Our best footy is when we seriously pile in on the player with the ball. We have to make our opponents fear what is coming at them. Port was like that. But freo did it to us. And I think it does call for a change.

I think that group relies so heavily on jpk that when he is down they get absolutely monstered by the best inside midfielders. All of these games freo 2013, freo 2015, hawthorn 2014, hawthorn 2014 and even Essendon 2015 come from being brutally destroyed on the ball in the first quarter. I really am increasingly in the as soon as t Mitchell gets form I'd bring him in camp and probably at the expense of Cunningham.

As anyone has read my views would know I'm a fan of towers. But I wouldn't drop mcglynn for him. Not until I was sure that mcglynn was gone. Mcglynns hardness is very important for this team. He really is one of the few who will hit the body of his opponent on the way through. Towers is not that guy.

I'd like to see a few of the reserves earn a spot. I'd love for jones to do that. Provided he shows some familial hardness he would also be a good addition. But it's laidlers spot not shaws that he is lining up for if Reid continues to show he can make it as a defender.

I understand the choice of rohsn as a sub - he brings flexibility. But I don't want to see it again until he has lost form. And I don't ever want to see it so that Cunningham starts. Rohan >>>>>> cunningham

Mcglynn should not of pushed past others in the first place

I'll give Jack 1 more chance, but he is pushing it. All well and good to bash up awful teams but he rarely has done it lately against the good sides.

He has been ok this year was average v freo but they wont drop the skipper

Mcglynn laidler cunningham jetta And heeney if hurt are realistic outs not saying all of them either but hr isnt going to chop multiple guys from one loss and rightly so

Jetta probably not as we know what he is

Towers must come back and rohan to the 21

Mitchell would be nice but wont happen

Harry is a squib but then so is jetta

I thought barring last night Jack has been good especially compared with 2013 + 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back