Unofficial Preview Saints BF Mock Draft 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Do you rate Grace higher than Munro as players available from Sandy?

Definently mate. Munro would be worth late rookie pick as probably still needs another year playing as he only just came across to game. He's an elite trainer/athlete (hockey background helps yhay) so he could be one that really benefits from being in AFL system. But yeah Grace is the pick of bunch from Sandy, he's this years version of Tom Langdon

Definently mate. Munro would be worth late rookie pick as probably still needs another year playing as he only just came across to game. He's an elite trainer/athlete (hockey background helps yhay) so he could be one that really benefits from being in AFL system. But yeah Grace is the pick of bunch from Sandy, he's this years version of Tom Langdon
I'm with you Shaun, reckon he was incredibly stiff last year, and he's only got better.

Hawthorn Pick 49: Daniel Capiron
Best available, very highly rated in 2013 before dropping off the radar.

Hawthorn Pick 50: Matthew Hammelmann
David Hale replacement, project player.

Just a bit of an update.

We have 4 teams that have completed their drafting - Collingwood, GWS, Western Bulldogs and St.Kilda. Who are the winners from their respective draft hauls and the picks that they had? (This should provide a bit of discussion while we wait on posters to respond to their picks!)

GWS (myself) - 4, 6, 7, 23, 24 - McCartin, Lever, Pickett, Ellis and Steele
STK (stkildathunda) - 1, 21, 22, 41 - Petracca, Maynard, Garlett, Grace
WB (12Chill) - 26, 27, 39, 45, 46 - Menadue, Vickers-Willis, Keitel, Lonie, Wigg, Cordy
COL (joop) - 5, 9, 30, 48 - Laverde, Moore, Gore, Nielsen

I don't mind the Doggies draft for the picks that they had

Steal of the draft so far out of those four teams has to be Maynard or Lonie.

Just a bit of an update.

We have 4 teams that have completed their drafting - Collingwood, GWS, Western Bulldogs and St.Kilda. Who are the winners from their respective draft hauls and the picks that they had? (This should provide a bit of discussion while we wait on posters to respond to their picks!)

GWS (myself) - 4, 6, 7, 23, 24 - McCartin, Lever, Pickett, Ellis and Steele
STK (stkildathunda) - 1, 21, 22, 41 - Petracca, Maynard, Garlett, Grace
WB (12Chill) - 26, 27, 39, 45, 46 - Menadue, Vickers-Willis, Keitel, Lonie, Wigg, Cordy
COL (joop) - 5, 9, 30, 48 - Laverde, Moore, Gore, Nielsen

I don't mind the Doggies draft for the picks that they had

Steal of the draft so far out of those four teams has to be Maynard or Lonie.
When looking at value for the pick, I think GWS are the easy winners

I would have put saints at the top but I hate the grace pick at 41 so that knocked us down but like the gartlett and tracca picks, pies look pretty solid.

I'm not sold on vickers Willis and mendenue at all and wouldn't pick either in my top 30. I do like the keitel, lonie and wigg pick still doesn't make up for 2 picks that I hate that high

So far
1) GWS
2) pies
3) saints
4) dogs

Are we only doing 3 rounds?

was it Jezzarayman who took ages last round? obviously not as die hard a fan of bigfooty as the rest of us!

no four, but saints don't have a fourth round pick.
I have just summarised the clubs who have finished their drafting so far.

:( but I have first pick in round 5, surely that counts for something.... It is Saints after all :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously having Moore makes it pretty hard to go wrong, but I'm pretty happy with the rest. Really think Gore will be a player.
Can't believe Gore isn't causing more chatter; he's going to be a very very good AFL player.

WEST COAST Pick 51: Richmond – James Rose

Position: Medium forward
Height: 186 cm, Weight: 78 kgs, DOB: 16/04/1996
Club: Sturt
Projected Draft Range: 40-rookie
Plays like: Tom Lynch

One of the most exciting development prospects in this year’s draft and a player who is grossly underrated, James Rose has an explosive natural leap and outstanding hands overhead. The medium forward cuts dangerous leads, beats his opponent with his smart leading patterns and isn’t afraid to get in his opponent’s face. Despite his rangy frame, Rose is an aggressive and combative type who relishes the physical aspect of his position: more importantly, he is a difficult player to match up on, such is his agility and his versatility to play small or tall. Rose has a thumping kick and bagged 30 goals from nine games in 2013. This year saw him really improve his endurance capabilities, which has allowed for him to play a higher role, winning more of the ball.

Richmond Pick 52: Matt Goodyear

Very Hard, Explosive type midfielder, who has solid height 185cm, probably needs to put on 10kg of muscle. Richmond's midfield is pretty soft IMO, too many downhill skiers, would be in the best interest to get rid of plodders like Shaun Grigg, for very hard at it, explosive role-playing midfielders like Goodyear. Should have some good growth in him, and has the physical attributes to be a handy contributor at the very least. Would be a good money-ball selection.

Half Back Pocket, You're up :D

Pick 55 - Jordan Cunico.

He's gonna replace varcoes spread in a couple of years with his exceptional outside run. He seems like a great kid you want at your footy club

St Kilda Death your up

So far
10 langford
47 daniel
55 Cunico

60/73 to come

Pick 55 - Jordan Cunico.

He's gonna replace varcoes spread in a couple of years with his exceptional outside run. He seems like a great kid you want at your footy club

St Kilda Death your up

So far
10 langford
47 daniel
55 Cunico

60/73 to come
I like the look of that list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back