VFL Sandringham's Appointment of Danny Corcoran

Remove this Banner Ad

its been announced that our VFL affiliate club Sandringham has appointed Danny Corcoran as their new president.

THE football boss at the helm of Essendon during the club’s 2012 supplements saga will on Monday be unveiled as the new president of St Kilda’s VFL affiliate, Sandringham Zebras.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ndringham-zebras/story-fni5ezdm-1226862659247

for those of you who dont know, Danny Corcoran was the football department manager at essendon at the time of their injections program. he received a 4 month ban from the AFL for his part in it. it expired last feb.

am i the only one that is angry with this appointment? I am not happy at all, well to put it blunty i am pissed off, that our VFL affiliate has appointed someone who was involved with a program of that nature. especially since a good portion of our list plays for and spends time at Sandringham.

I dont want someone like this within arms reach of our players.

I'd love to know if the club was consulted on the appointment. Quite frankly i cant wait for this alignment to end, this is the nail in the coffin for me.

unbelievable

its been announced that our VFL affiliate club Sandringham has appointed Danny Corcoran as their new president.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ndringham-zebras/story-fni5ezdm-1226862659247

for those of you who dont know, Danny Corcoran was the football department manager at essendon at the time of their injections program. he received a 4 month ban from the AFL for his part in it. it expired last feb.

am i the only one that is angry with this appointment? I am not happy at all, well to put it blunty i am pissed off, that our VFL affiliate has appointed someone who was involved with a program of that nature. especially since a good portion of our list plays for and spends time at Sandringham.

I dont want someone like this within arms reach of our players.

I'd love to know if the club was consulted on the appointment. Quite frankly i cant wait for this alignment to end, this is the nail in the coffin for me.

unbelievable
Don't know a huge amount of football knowledge, I know enough that he was a big part of the football culture at Essendon but I date his best mates daughter and from what I can tell he is a quality individual and a solid football person.
The few times I have met him he has been really open and honest from the get go.
TBH he could be anything but does it really mater when we are distancing ourselves from the realignment in 2016?

StKilda doesn't have any say what so ever who Sandringham appoint as their president and to think they should is bloody ridiculous. The Saints don't own or run Sandringham.

If Saints weren't such basket case with finances then this wouldn't be problem for fans but just suck it up. You can't afford to to standalone. It's not all about StKilda FC with the alignment.

StKilda doesn't have any say what so ever who Sandringham appoint as their president and to think they should is bloody ridiculous. The Saints don't own or run Sandringham.

If Saints weren't such basket case with finances then this wouldn't be problem for fans but just suck it up. You can't afford to to standalone. It's not all about StKilda FC with the alignment.
Thunda, I love your passion for Sandringham, I really do, but I often find myself wondering where your loyalties ultimately lie; are you a Sandy supporter who has an interest in the Saints, or vice versa?

In any event, whilst I agree with you, I think the OP has a legitimate concern and after all, this is a St Kilda forum; where our players are concerned we DO have a proprietary interest in them and, by extension, in people who control the club they're being fostered at.

Thunda, I love your passion for Sandringham, I really do, but I often find myself wondering where your loyalties ultimately lie; are you a Sandy supporter who has an interest in the Saints, or vice versa?

In any event, whilst I agree with you, I think the OP has a legitimate concern and after all, this is a St Kilda forum; where our players are concerned we DO have a proprietary interest in them and, by extension, in people who control the club they're being fostered at.

this is my concern. basically it sounds like we have no say in who they appoint and who will be around our players.

they are our most important asset and given the issues now in professional sport it is quite concerning. whats to stop them employing dank? or any other person that has a worrying background or is not quite qualified for the role. do we know the background of all of the sandringham employees that are exposed to our playing list?

i cant wait until this alignment ends and we manage and employ our own staff and players

they are our most important asset and given the issues now in professional sport it is quite concerning. whats to stop them employing dank? or any other person that has a worrying background or is not quite qualified for the role. do we know the background of all of the sandringham employees that are exposed to our playing list?

If Sandringham have even 2 fulltime staff I'd be surprised. The 'appointment' of a president ... he sits in Sandringham board meetings and hosts a president lunch on match day.

What does it matter where my loyalties lie? Doesn't change anything.. If you must know my loyalties lie with both clubs, I've been life time supporter of both clubs and want see them both be successful.

My original post would have been the same no matter what AFL/VFL club alignment it was. It's just ridiculous to think an AFL club should have a say in who another club appoints. It's like saying Sandringham should have had say in who Saints appointed as CEO or senior coach!

You don't even know where my stance is on this appointment anyway, cos if you read my post again you'll notice I haven't once stated my thoughts and given the work I do for Sandringham it will stay that way.

At the end of the day, Sandringham have to appoint the best people they can for their club and the Saints need to do the same.

BTW I'm well aware this is a Saints forum and I was posting about the Saints.

this is my concern. basically it sounds like we have no say in who they appoint and who will be around our players.

i cant wait until this alignment ends and we manage and employ our own staff and players

So you mean for the one day a week on game day that Saints players actually go to Sandringham?

Given way Saints have treated Sandy over last few years it's bit rich if the club asked to have a say on who they appointed.

If Sandringham have even 2 fulltime staff I'd be surprised. The 'appointment' of a president ... he sits in Sandringham board meetings and hosts a president lunch on match day.

They have few full time staff, same as most VFL clubs.. I know for fact Gerry Ryan did more then "sit in board meeting & host a lunch".

I've got to say, Thunda is absolutely correct here. We've got 18 months to go with Sandy, after years where our coaches, and people in general, treated the Zebras like s**t.

To suggest that they not do whats in their best interests, for the supposed benefit of our own club, is insulting.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

What does it matter where my loyalties lie? Doesn't change anything.. If you must know my loyalties lie with both clubs, I've been life time supporter of both clubs and want see them both be successful.

My original post would have been the same no matter what AFL/VFL club alignment it was. It's just ridiculous to think an AFL club should have a say in who another club appoints. It's like saying Sandringham should have had say in who Saints appointed as CEO or senior coach!

You don't even know where my stance is on this appointment anyway, cos if you read my post again you'll notice I haven't once stated my thoughts and given the work I do for Sandringham it will stay that way.

At the end of the day, Sandringham have to appoint the best people they can for their club and the Saints need to do the same.

except that risks associated with a sandy appointment are much less than the risks associated with an appointment at the saints. there is more for the saints and the AFL to lose than sandy

i think this whole thing just highlights why the saints need to end the alignment and go stand alone sooner rather than later. it just doesnt work and the risks associated with it are too high, especially if theyre off appointing who ever the hell they feel like

oh and we should have a say in who the senior coach is given we pay his wage!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before you win the Melbourne Cup on that high horse you've got up on, nowhere did I suggest that the Saints should have a say in who Sandy appoints.

What the OP says is that he's not happy with their choice given the shady goings on the person picked has been involved with, however peripherally it may prove to have been, and wonders whether the Saints were asked for their input. As a partner in an alignment it may have been politic to do so given that it will affect their players too; ultimately of course, the decision is Sandy's.

He's entitled to be unhappy with the choice.

Before you win the Melbourne Cup on that high horse you've got up on, nowhere did I suggest that the Saints should have a say in who Sandy appoints.

What the OP says is that he's not happy with their choice given the shady goings on the person picked has been involved with, however peripherally it may prove to have been, and wonders whether the Saints were asked for their input. As a partner in an alignment it may have been politic to do so given that it will affect their players too; ultimately of course, the decision is Sandy's.

He's entitled to be unhappy with the choice.

High horse? What cos I disagree with someone. Please....

Pity you didn't adopt the the same principled stand when it came to dumping on Watters and the club last year, eh?

Pity you didn't adopt the the same principled stand when it came to dumping on Watters and the club last year, eh?

I don't do work for Saints, if I did I would have done the same. You got a problem with that?

I don't do work for Saints, if I did I would have done the same. You got a problem with that?

Ah ok I see now. Gotcha!

Because you don't do any work for the Saints, then it's ok to reveal insider knowledge passed on to you, despite the damage it may cause.

Better take your moral compass in for a service, eh mate.

Ah ok I see now. Gotcha!

Because you don't do any work for the Saints, then it's ok to reveal insider knowledge passed on to you, despite the damage it may cause.

Better take your moral compass in for a service, eh mate.

Jeez you sound like broken record. Clearly haven't built that bridge yet. Get hell over it. I'll do what I want to do. Don't see you complaining when I post info you want to hear.. Can't have it both ways mate!

Actions like this only serve the reinforce the importance for the Saints to have their own stand alone team. Instead of compromises from both St Kilda and Sandringham, as to what the other wants, it is apparent that we need our own stand alone team.

Not only do we have greater control over the appointment and conduct of administrators, coaches, trainers, etc etc but most importantly we can manage players in the way that St Kilda wants. The club can play players in positions that we need for development, recovery, strategy and game time and not be governed by the priorities of Sandringham.

You would have to think that we will possibly have a return to the past where the Melbourne based AFL teams, have their own competition, against each other and Sandringham and other VFL teams can go back to playing amongst themselves.

I have nothing against Sandringham, but can't wait to be shot of them and have total control of our own future, rather than be beholden to others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back