Season 2015 - General Footy Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz still thinking his in the Blue and White hoops?

View attachment 204331
You're forgetting former Gold Coast superstar Nathan Ablett!
Looked like Sam Day was in one of the previous photos, would have loved him to go up to Gary Ablett Snr and ask for a few tips!

79% voted for GWS so far.

Lol just read this bit..

The club's innovation in getting the likes of Diesel and Shannon Noll to perform at half-time of games at Spotless Stadium shows that they're thinking about their target market and trying to make their game experience attractive for fans.

Would be nice to have about eight first round picks running around in our reserves side.

One bad season can really hurt you in the polls.

We party better :D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, he's not wrong. GWS trump us in every category except maybe the backline. I voted GWS on the poll. I'm beginning to have real doubts over whether Gold Coast can win a premiership, since we'll be competing against juggernauts in GWS and the Western Bulldogs. I'm getting more and more annoyed over the GWS concessions. They're crazy compared to ours.

I mean, he's not wrong. GWS trump us in every category except maybe the backline. I voted GWS on the poll. I'm beginning to have real doubts over whether Gold Coast can win a premiership, since we'll be competing against juggernauts in GWS and the Western Bulldogs. I'm getting more and more annoyed over the GWS concessions. They're crazy compared to ours.

Make 8 this year and we'll have premiership winning players and All Australians in the 23-28 yr olds begging there managers to get them a spot on our list.
Next year GWS might be ravaged by injury ala The Suns this year.

I don't really rate GWS backline either, Heath Shaws what 30? Patful too? Meh.

I look at teams in terms of how many A-grade stars they possess, and the Giants have Callan Ward, Dylan Shiel, Jeremy Cameron, Heath Shaw and Shane Mumford who fall into that category, while Gold Coast have Gary Ablett and at a stretch, defender Steven May.

I look at would I trade player X for player Y - I wouldn't trade any GWS player for Tom Lynch, not even Cameron. Cameron may have a more silky game and kick more goals but I prefer the intangibles Lynch brings to his team like leadership and work rate. If Adam doesn't rate him as A grade he should hand back his AFL media pass.

have more depth in all three areas of the game

Agree - our backline is better and has more depth - Phil Davis is only good for 10 games a year and they get slapped around by the big forwards every time... Tom Lynch 12 goals against them and it was the other Tom Lynch

The club's innovation in getting the likes of Diesel and Shannon Noll to perform at half-time of games at Spotless Stadium shows that they're thinking about their target market and trying to make their game experience attractive for fans.

Don't want to slight Diesel but Shannon Noll... maybe they can step their game up next year and get Reece Mastin and Ricki-Lee

The Giants academy continues to provide the club with high-quality talent

You give us a ready made zone such as the Riverina and I'll take 4 ready made players via our academy

Also want to mention the extra list spots, COLA, the mini-draft picks they were gifted. GWS is too big to fail. If they didn't have Silvagni as their list manager they might have already won a premiership.

I look at teams in terms of how many A-grade stars they possess, and the Giants have Callan Ward, Dylan Shiel, Jeremy Cameron, Heath Shaw and Shane Mumford who fall into that category, while Gold Coast have Gary Ablett and at a stretch, defender Steven May.

I look at would I trade player X for player Y - I wouldn't trade any GWS player for Tom Lynch, not even Cameron. Cameron may have a more silky game and kick more goals but I prefer the intangibles Lynch brings to his team like leadership and work rate. If Adam doesn't rate him as A grade he should hand back his AFL media pass.

have more depth in all three areas of the game

Agree - our backline is better and has more depth - Phil Davis is only good for 10 games a year and they get slapped around by the big forwards every time... Tom Lynch 12 goals against them and it was the other Tom Lynch

Don't want to slight Diesel but Shannon Noll... maybe they can step their game up next year and get Reece Mastin and Ricki-Lee

The Giants academy continues to provide the club with high-quality talent

You give us a ready made zone such as the Riverina and I'll take 4 ready made players via our academy

Also want to mention the extra list spots, COLA, the mini-draft picks they were gifted. GWS is too big to fail. If they didn't have Silvagni as their list manager they might have already won a premiership.

Wish I could double like this comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportsbet has GC season wins

image.jpeg

Over 9.5 looks a good bet

Also has the Rising star odds for GC

Not a whole lot to like here.. Peter wright looks underpriced.. @67
Wait and see how he goes in the NAB

And club favourite Mckenzie Willis paying $151 to keep an eye on

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

How many goals can Ah Chee kick ?

Over 12.5? Could go either way here.

image.jpeg

Gotta admit the bolded was what caught my eye, phhft! ESMF.. :)

Ben, if Mackenzie draws votes I will b extremely pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back