SFNL Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm that half of #FATNARRE senior team was playing 2s at the start of the year. Decimated is an understatement. Noticed Gilmour didn't play today.
Black rock came from the clouds to pip endeavour and south morno and Dovey actually kicked a few goals for a change. South Yarra got fairly close to Ashwood. Heard South Yarra had a lot of injuries earlier in the year and they're all starting to come back.

south Yarra will take a few scalps this year, could even push for top 5 I think

I watched sth yarra for the first time this year yesterday Sth yarra were 4 goals up at 3 quarter time but got smashed it the last quarter they lacked a few experienced players which Ashwood had. I reckon purcell was beaten on the day but kicked 5 he is a gun and will kick 100 if he stays on the park.
The sfnl choice of seniors umpire was a joke. I am pretty sure coxy is a life member of Ashwood. He was an ashwood reserves club umpire before joining the sfnl umpires. His personal free kick count was 20-5 Ashwoods way after qtr time. He cannot be allowed to umpire them again his bias is there to be seen but im sure the sfnl dont care! Ashwoods experience won them the game but coxy didn't help the yarras cause.

I watched sth yarra for the first time this year yesterday Sth yarra were 4 goals up at 3 quarter time but got smashed it the last quarter they lacked a few experienced players which Ashwood had. I reckon purcell was beaten on the day but kicked 5 he is a gun and will kick 100 if he stays on the park.
The sfnl choice of seniors umpire was a joke. I am pretty sure coxy is a life member of Ashwood. He was an ashwood reserves club umpire before joining the sfnl umpires. His personal free kick count was 20-5 Ashwoods way after qtr time. He cannot be allowed to umpire them again his bias is there to be seen but im sure the sfnl dont care! Ashwoods experience won them the game but coxy didn't help the yarras cause.
Everyone knows what they’re getting against Ashwood, playing against 19 every week. The SFNL don’t have the luxury to care at the moment. Half the senior games don’t have boundary umpires and I don’t think I’ve seen a single reserves match with boundary umps so far this season. They’re very short on umpires since AFL vic cut down the umpire payments (as if that’s the way to fix things).

In any case, I didn’t see the games but looks like a third quarter fade cost #FATNARRE from the live scoring. Narre’s reserves look the real deal however, and considering that half their reserves team is in the seniors, that’s not a bad feat.
Black Rock lucky to get over EHills, and suddenly the Narre/EHills game this weekend looks a lot more important than it did last week.
Not sure what’s going on with Ashwood against Sth Yarra. South Yarra looked shocking when I watched them against Narre. Injuries, sure, but they must’ve had 20+ out to explain that much of a difference

Surely it’s not the same flog that used to umpire their two’s. Blatant cheat if so and even used to troll opposition players during the match.
And flog is being kind.

Everyone knows what they’re getting against Ashwood, playing against 19 every week. The SFNL don’t have the luxury to care at the moment. Half the senior games don’t have boundary umpires and I don’t think I’ve seen a single reserves match with boundary umps so far this season. They’re very short on umpires since AFL vic cut down the umpire payments (as if that’s the way to fix things).

In any case, I didn’t see the games but looks like a third quarter fade cost #FATNARRE from the live scoring. Narre’s reserves look the real deal however, and considering that half their reserves team is in the seniors, that’s not a bad feat.
Black Rock lucky to get over EHills, and suddenly the Narre/EHills game this weekend looks a lot more important than it did last week.
Not sure what’s going on with Ashwood against Sth Yarra. South Yarra looked shocking when I watched them against Narre. Injuries, sure, but they must’ve had 20+ out to explain that much of a difference

ashwood were very average for 3 quarters but south Yarra were very good I thought, shitload of effort all day

It was my first Div 3 game for years. First I though that foot skills were woeful, and the tackling was up there with both sides having a good dip. The game itself was entertaining for the most parts. Ashwood up by a goal at 1/4 time and had wind and momentum in second but only led by 13 at the main break. ( OH why did Sth Yarra not go into sheds at 1/2 time. They stayed in the shade on the opposite side of ground. ??)
S.Y were still 4 goals up at the 6 minute mark in last but a goal to Ashwood changed the game with 2 in a minute. SY pulled one back and should have won from there, 3 up at 10 minute mark. To Ashwoods credit the kept plugging away and No 59 and full forward stood out.
As for umpiring it was very average. At one stage in last Qtr. there was a battle between umps as to who was in charge.
A good time was had by all , looking at all the supporters on the hill.

Anyone heard if local footy is on this weekend? Dan Andrews and his gold standard biting us on the ass again

So with the lockdown coming after everyone has played everyone once what are everyone’s thoughts on all teams best player and mvp

ashwood- best Carroll mvp Purcell
Clayton- best escreet. MVP hard to say with so many injuries
Black rock best and mvp I’m not sure as they play good team footy
Dovey best and mvp josh johns
Endeavour- haven’t seen them to comment
Sth Yarra best and mvp Belfrage
Sth mornington best Waite mvp nekic
Narre south best and mvp Dan chin

any other thoughts?

With footy returning next weekend (hopefully), has there been much big change in player availability? Saw fat Narre had a few new clearances in. Much else going on?

With footy returning next weekend (hopefully), has there been much big change in player availability? Saw fat Narre had a few new clearances in. Much else going on?

if anything there will be a lot more players available. Have never seen so many injuries coming in 7 rounds of footy!

Well we have footy this week.
Tips
Narre south by 3points
Sth Yarra 50 points
Black rock 150 points
Endeavour 15 points

So with the lockdown coming after everyone has played everyone once what are everyone’s thoughts on all teams best player and mvp

ashwood- best Carroll mvp Purcell
Clayton- best escreet. MVP hard to say with so many injuries
Black rock best and mvp I’m not sure as they play good team footy
Dovey best and mvp josh johns
Endeavour- haven’t seen them to comment
Sth Yarra best and mvp Belfrage
Sth mornington best Waite mvp nekic
Narre south best and mvp Dan chin

any other thoughts?

Escreet is a Gun. Surely MVP too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems that all the Narre sth boys want is to be seen as a threat by the rest of the league. Chill out boys
My theory is Billy Elliott is Narre south, not sure about truthteller.. either way, black rock still the benchmark. Narres win just makes 2nd-4th more interesting, E hills still a chance?

A
My theory is Billy Elliott is Narre south, not sure about truthteller.. either way, black rock still the benchmark. Narres win just makes 2nd-4th more interesting, E hills still a chance?
All of the designated big 5 are a chance. Especially after this week. Seems the top 3 are set now and it’s down to Narre vs EHills for 4th spot. Black rock all but secured at the top

Tips for tomorrow.
black rock by 20
Clayton by 50
Ashwood by 100+
endeavour hills by 30+
Pretty good predictions as it turns out, but Clayton vs Yarras was much closer than expected. Yarra almost could have won in the end if they kicked straight. I was at the EHills vs Dovey game and the Hills won as expected without much trouble. But dovey never quit

The top 4 is set in my opinion. EH don’t have enough firepower to overcome Narre or Clayton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back