Traded Shane Mumford to GWS for Pick 35

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?

Giants shoulda used PSD. Why give their cross-town rivals a freebie?
I'm actually pretty relieved, I thought we were looking at a 5th rounder or getting bugger all too. I guess they've got picks 1 and 2 now and might end up with a third rounder later on with Adams, who knows?

We generally draft well between picks 30-70 and generally suck with our picks on either side of this, I'm happy!

Pretty handy for
I'm actually pretty relieved, I thought we were looking at a 5th rounder or getting bugger all too. I guess they've got picks 1 and 2 now and might end up with a third rounder later on with Adams, who knows?

We generally draft well between picks 30-70 and generally suck with our picks on either side of this, I'm happy!

Pretty handy for Sydney. Spot on they should do well with that pick.

I love the different reactions by Sydney and non-Sydney fans.

Swans fans: HOW DARE WE EXCEPT SUCH A LOW PICK FOR A PREMIERSHIP RUCKMAN. WE SHOULD HAVE KICKED HIM TO THE PSD.

Non-Swans fans: Lol Giants are idiots for not screwing their cross-town rivals and just stealing him in the PSD. N00bs.

I love the different reactions by Sydney and non-Sydney fans.

Swans fans: HOW DARE WE EXCEPT SUCH A LOW PICK FOR A PREMIERSHIP RUCKMAN. WE SHOULD HAVE KICKED HIM TO THE PSD.

Non-Swans fans: Lol Giants are idiots for not screwing their cross-town rivals and just stealing him in the PSD. N00bs.

Who's saying that? We were never going to get his worth to get a pick we will use is a win.

GWS have 1,2,20 now they wont use 35 and it allows them to keep the psd pick 1 option for any other trades.

Think 37 will be used in the Adams / Shaw deal.

White + Armstrong will probably go for pick 40 from Collingwood via WCE but I think that is a bit unders. Anywhere between pick 25-35 would've been good for those two but it's not a big deal... :p Good luck to both if they get traded and same to Mummy :)

White + Armstrong will probably go for pick 40 from Collingwood via WCE but I think that is a bit unders. Anywhere between pick 25-35 would've been good for those two but it's not a big deal... :p Good luck to both if they get traded and same to Mummy :)

Well we are waiting for Compo Picks from the AFL so IF that trade is right it can then Happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought GWS said earlier they were getting him for a late pick. Still a good deal for them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That is a late pick for GWS... :p

If he was contracted he'd be worth a lot more than pick 35, but essentially could have lost him for nothing so i'm fairly happy with 35. We generally draft pretty well around that stage, In the last few years;

2008 - Pick 30, Dan Hannebery
2009 - Pick 38, Sam Reid
2010 - Pick 40, Luke Parker
2011 - Pick 43, Jordan Lockyer (Decent young player who might have debut this year if not injured for most of it.)

Sydney's ruck stocks are looking a little thin next year. Wouldn't want an early injury to Pyke.

Yeah, that's clearly the weakness in the list. I don't like the thought of Tippett and LRT sharing ruck duties. Last time we were in the position was over a decade ago, and a young bloke named Adam Goodes stepped up. I doubt we have an equivalent player hiding on the list.

If he was contracted he'd be worth a lot more than pick 35, but essentially could have lost him for nothing so i'm fairly happy with 35. We generally draft pretty well around that stage, In the last few years;

2008 - Pick 30, Dan Hannebery
2009 - Pick 38, Sam Reid
2010 - Pick 40, Luke Parker
2011 - Pick 43, Jordan Lockyer (Decent young player who might have debut this year if not injured for most of it.)
Couple of pick 39s that I don't mind of late Steven Motlop and Michael Talia

Mumford is a bargain for GWS, they keep options open in the PSD for a pick they were unlikely to ever use in the main draft. Surprised we didn't link Max King via GWS pre listing into that deal.

White and Armstrong or even White alone for 40 would be an equally good deal for Collingwood.

I hope the Swans have a bigger game plan that I haven't contemplated yet because it's just looking like cap space recovery at the moment and that's boring and worrying at the same time....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back