Rumour Should we be Worried About Dayne Beams? (who is not a FA in 2015)

Where Will Dayne Beams be in 2015?

• Collingwood

Votes: 127 73.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 37 21.5%
  • Another Club...

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great news about his old man beating it.

This could go two ways obviously now, he might want to move up there with his dad and be closer to him after all this or his dad might want to come down to Melbourne or even everything stays the way it is.

I would really be surprised now if Beams left the club.

Total confident Beams will stay at the club long term.

If he signs a one year extension, thus bringing contract ending with FA. Then I will start to worry.

If he signs a one year extension, thus bringing contract ending with FA. Then I will start to worry.
I think that most player managers will structure player contracts around the free agency windows, to enable them to maximize their bargaining position. We just have to accept that now.
So a one year extension is a possibility, unless we make an offer he can't refuse.

The club will look after him. His last contract was unders and we had a bit going on but the planning on cap space would have been done to reward him as a top 3 player at the club for the coming seasons.

I think that most player managers will structure player contracts around the free agency windows, to enable them to maximize their bargaining position. We just have to accept that now.
So a one year extension is a possibility, unless we make an offer he can't refuse.
Can't wait to have pendles and beams up for free agency in the same year if he signs a 1 year deal

You can take it to the Bank that Beams will stay

Undoubtedly but I think we can take a punt on Clark at the right price and terms. Cloke, Clark and White works nicely for me as pure KP forwards. Then we have the resting ruck up forward. So three pure KPFs and a resting fwd /ruck..
White isn’t a KP player. He can’t mark nearly well enough and he doesn’t play tall. He’s a mobile tall. He’s a lesser version of Josh Fraser. IMO Clarke is the idea 3rd tall and second ruckman. I’d love to get Clarke and find a FF allowing Cloke to play CHF. Put Elliot in the mix as a forward who runs in the midfield as well as Fasolo and a resting midfielder and we have the makings of a forward line that could challenge for a flag. That also allows us to play Reid at CHB, without which we can’t put together a premiership backline with our list.

In terms of pure KP defenders, we have three: Brown, Frost and Keeffe.
Keeffe isn’t a KP back, at least not yet and IMO ever. Get Frawley for free and trade Brown for a good pick.

HL, Brown & Blair tro Melbourne for Clarke & the fawley compo pick. As it stands the Frawley compo probably won’t be the early round 1 pick but we could ensure it is. Melbourne get Blair & a like for like replacement for Frawley. We get an early pick for “nothing”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White isn’t a KP player. He can’t mark nearly well enough and he doesn’t play tall. He’s a mobile tall. He’s a lesser version of Josh Fraser. IMO Clarke is the idea 3rd tall and second ruckman. I’d love to get Clarke and find a FF allowing Cloke to play CHF. Put Elliot in the mix as a forward who runs in the midfield as well as Fasolo and a resting midfielder and we have the makings of a forward line that could challenge for a flag. That also allows us to play Reid at CHB, without which we can’t put together a premiership backline with our list.

Keeffe isn’t a KP back, at least not yet and IMO ever. Get Frawley for free and trade Brown for a good pick.

HL, Brown & Blair tro Melbourne for Clarke & the fawley compo pick. As it stands the Frawley compo probably won’t be the early round 1 pick but we could ensure it is. Melbourne get Blair & a like for like replacement for Frawley. We get an early pick for “nothing”.

What.

He plays on opposition Key Forwards, he's definitely a KPB. Doesn't mean you have to think he's good at it, but there's no shadow of a doubt that that's what he is.

What.

He plays on opposition Key Forwards, he's definitely a KPB. Doesn't mean you have to think he's good at it, but there's no shadow of a doubt that that's what he is.

What's the point of being classified as a KPB if you're not good at it? Dawes was regarded as a 2nd ruck but he was hopeless at it (not his fault)

What's the point of being classified as a KPB if you're not good at it? Dawes was regarded as a 2nd ruck but he was hopeless at it (not his fault)

Because it's what they do? It's the position they play? Nothing in the definition of Ruckman or KPB says you have to be good at it. It'd be like saying X isn't a midfielder because they don't average 30 possessions. All the term means is what position someone is playing and their role in the team. Dawes /was/ the second Ruck, and you can't say he wasn't. Yes he was s**t at it, but that's completely irrelevant.

Because it's what they do? It's the position they play? Nothing in the definition of Ruckman or KPB says you have to be good at it. It'd be like saying X isn't a midfielder because they don't average 30 possessions. All the term means is what position someone is playing and their role in the team. Dawes /was/ the second Ruck, and you can't say he wasn't. Yes he was s**t at it, but that's completely irrelevant.

Fair enough - in which case I would define the KPD in an AFL side to be of good enough quality - Keefe isn't.
Therefore, if I don't class him as being a good enough player he isn't a KPD then

Fair enough - in which case I would define the KPD in an AFL side to be of good enough quality - Keefe isn't.
Therefore, if I don't class him as being a good enough player he isn't a KPD then
Funny how we see things differently. I see Keeffe tracking nicely as a KPB in the mould of Ben Reid. In fact I see him as the reason why we can have Ben Reid playing forward which will be an enormous benefit to the team if he stays fit.

Funny how we see things differently. I see Keeffe tracking nicely as a KPB in the mould of Ben Reid. In fact I see him as the reason why we can have Ben Reid playing forward which will be an enormous benefit to the team if he stays fit.

I'd love to be proven wrong. But he seems to get turned inside out by forwards too easily. He seems to have really suffered from Maxwell's retirement.
I actually see the reinforcement of the backline (either through recruitment or development) as much more critical than trying to find a crumbing forward or picking up Clark.

I'd love to be proven wrong. But he seems to get turned inside out by forwards too easily. He seems to have really suffered from Maxwell's retirement.
I actually see the reinforcement of the backline (either through recruitment or development) as much more critical than trying to find a crumbing forward or picking up Clark.
If we do pick up Clark I think it would go a long way to improving both ends of the ground. As much as I love Reid forward, he is easily the best intercept market we have, and would add some much needed experience back in to our back line.
Picking up Clark would be a seriously good move imo.

If we do pick up Clark I think it would go a long way to improving both ends of the ground. As much as I love Reid forward, he is easily the best intercept market we have, and would add some much needed experience back in to our back line.
Picking up Clark would be a seriously good move imo.
Rather have Reid forward and move Cloke back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back