Toast Sidebottom (300 games) // Cox (100 games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Rusty Sidebottom. Has been a champion of our club, and has played quality, at times brilliant football over a long period of time. The club has been fortunate to have to legends play out their careers together in Sidey and Pendles, and both still playing at a high level, producing quality football. Congrats Sidey on 300 fantastic games....🍾🥂

Coxy has been an incredible story. Who would’ve thought an American who couldn't kick, mark, handball and hadn't even heard of Australian Rules Football, end up playing 100 games of AFL footy. To not only play the game, but be a vital cog in the team, and successful ones, as he was in the 2018 Preliminary and Grand Finals. He had very good games in both.
Coxy has stood up in big games, the 2018 QB game stands out, when he kicked 5 and won the Neale Daniher Trophy.
His career is a brilliant story, he's a terrific person in general and deserves special acknowledgement for reaching the 100 game milestone....Well done Coxy ...🥂🍾

Was at Rusty's first game in 2009 when we got flogged by saints by 15 goals. Will be different this week. What a journey. Remember coxilla debuted Anzac day, and kicking the first goal. It's a journey for him too, through those finals where he tore it apart, to his recent form. Hope both leave the game with one more flag, but grateful for more if possible. Up the pies. Let's make this an absolute riot!
Me too. I thought he was too slow as a smallish goalsneak and might struggle to stay on the list that night!

Congrats to both. Fantastic achievements.
Both in rare air.
Sidey 4th Collingwood player to reach 300.
Cox 1st American import to reach 100.
Just 2 years ago…looked very unlikely, with Sidney slowing down & Cox playing VFL.
Both playing great Footy now.
Enjoy Sunday.

I just found out, did everyone know that Steele kicked 10 goals in the TAC cup grand final. Just one of those facts that everyone misses and Coxy played basketball against Joel Embid. Wow, facts like those need to be shared.

Congrats to both on reaching your milestones. Coxy has every right to say f u to everyone who ever doubted him. You don’t play 100 games in the AFL if you’re a spud.

Sidebottom was almost cooked 18 months ago and amazingly has turned it all around and been one of our best this year.

Cox form has been sensational the most consistent I have seen.

Hopefully it's 100 points.

Congratulations Steele and Mason!

Just some quick Sidebottom stats:
  • Steele's 50th, 100th, 150th, 200th & 250th games were all Collingwood wins
  • Of those Milestone games Steele's 50th and 250th were both against North Melbourne
  • Steele's highest ever goal tally in a game is 5 (Against North Melbourne in 2010)
  • Of Steele's 299 games so far 276 of those have seen him run out alongside Scott Pendlebury
  • Of Steele's 188 AFL goals 20 have come against North Melbourne (Equal highest with Essendon)

Congratulations Steele and Mason!

Just some quick Sidebottom stats:
  • Steele's 50th, 100th, 150th, 200th & 250th games were all Collingwood wins
  • Of those Milestone games Steele's 50th and 250th were both against North Melbourne
  • Steele's highest ever goal tally in a game is 5 (Against North Melbourne in 2010)
  • Of Steele's 299 games so far 276 of those have seen him run out alongside Scott Pendlebury
  • Of Steele's 188 AFL goals 20 have come against North Melbourne (Equal highest with Essendon)
Prompted me to look up the all time games together list. Andrew McLeod & Tyson Edwards the leaders at 307. Every chance Steele and Pendles take it from them.

#notajinx

As of next week Mason can be put out to stud. Get the tallest and most athletic Netballer and pair him up with her. Let’s secure our future ruck stocks.

Well done Mason. I’ll be looking forward to seeing little Coxy’s running around the G in years to come.

Massive for the club to have another player hit the 300 mark. Rusty Bum has been great for us during his 300. He got a little shaky their for a while and I didn’t think he had much more left. But his bald bonce has made a resurgence. I hope it’s a beacon that can attract another Pies flag this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of next week Mason can be put out to stud. Get the tallest and most athletic Netballer and pair him up with her. Let’s secure our future ruck stocks.

Well done Mason. I’ll be looking forward to seeing little Coxy’s running around the G in years to come.

Massive for the club to have another player hit the 300 mark. Rusty Bum has been great for us during his 300. He got a little shaky their for a while and I didn’t think he had much more left. But his bald bonce has made a resurgence. I hope it’s a beacon that can attract another Pies flag this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was dating Geva Mentor for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steele is the ultimate country footballer. Always looks like he's having fun with a smile on his face. Ultimate team man, and a bit of a loose unit (Nude of the street during Covid)

For someone who from all accounts was a big Essendon fan growing up he sure bleeds black and white now

Been a Stalwart of our club, lets hope he retires a multi Premiership star.

As for Coxy, being on the 50m arc 3 rows from the front during that night in 2018 is still one of the greatest football nights of my life!

It'll be cool for the two top Games Record holders for Collingwood will be Pendles and Steele

Incredible effort from Mason Cox

If we can snag a premiership (or two) before he retires his story will be arguably the great the sport has seen to this point

It'll be cool for the two top Games Record holders for Collingwood will be Pendles and Steele

Incredible effort from Mason Cox

If we can snag a premiership (or two) before he retires his story will be arguably the great the sport has seen to this point
Stynes has him covered in the greatest story stakes.

Cox hasn’t won a Brownlow nor does he hold the consecutive games record.

Maybe tone down your Mason love. He wouldn’t be a fan of your views on the world.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm sure if Jimmy was still with us, he'd gladly swap his Charlie for a premiership medal (or 2 as the post about Cox above suggests).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back