Toast Sidebottom (300 games) // Cox (100 games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prompted me to look up the all time games together list. Andrew McLeod & Tyson Edwards the leaders at 307. Every chance Steele and Pendles take it from them.

#notajinx

Pendles & Steele have already played more games together as teammates who like each other.

Stynes is a hall of famer.

If your argument is mason came from a raw base, then by that logic Setanta Ó hAilpín has them both covered. Mason had a basketball background and hurlers don’t even handle a ball.
Sorry mate, Setanta actually played Gaelic Football as a child before choosing Hurling as his preferred sport.
Besides, I’d argue Mason has been more impactful and is a better bloke.
The fact he plays for us seals the deal for me 😉

Sidebottom is almost a silent achiever. 300 games is an absolute massive effort and will break Tony Shaws previous record comfortably. A fantastic, no trouble and loyal player he is probably so good inside the walls for the club.

Cox, did it with so many laughing in his face. He adds so much value now it’s unreal how far he has come. What an outstanding pick up and great guy.

Sidebottom is almost a silent achiever. 300 games is an absolute massive effort and will break Tony Shaws previous record comfortably. A fantastic, no trouble and loyal player he is probably so good inside the walls for the club.

Cox, did it with so many laughing in his face. He adds so much value now it’s unreal how far he has come. What an outstanding pick up and great guy.

A little bit of trouble…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Congrats to Sidey on a fantastic achievement. He is like a football computer, brilliant and analytical but prone to the odd malfunction, but I wouldn't have it any other way:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just found out, did everyone know that Steele kicked 10 goals in the TAC cup grand final. Just one of those facts that everyone misses and Coxy played basketball against Joel Embid. Wow, facts like those need to be shared.

Congrats to both on reaching your milestones. Coxy has every right to say f u to everyone who ever doubted him. You don’t play 100 games in the AFL if you’re a spud.

Yes, everyone knew Sidebottom kicked 10 goals in the TAC Cup GF. Well, almost everyone! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The kid with the smile.
Steele's playing his 300th this week, so I've decided to write a few words.

"I just love footy I suppose, I've grown up around footy, footy is all I know" - Steele Sidebottom: Ball Magnets Podcast May 2023

September 2008
I'm at work on a Friday afternoon. It's the early days of twitter and posts on Bigfooty were going off. There’s this kid from the Bushrangers that’s banging goals in and I need to check this out.

The lad kicks 10. Four of his first five goals were kicked on his left foot, showcasing his ability to execute on both sides. He wasn’t fast, but it was obvious that he was a canny footballer with silky skills. And he loves every minute of it.

July 2009
Steele’s a Collingwood player. The Pies took him with their first pick (11 overall) and he was eased into the team. When he finally made his debut, he lost his first two games for the club with a combined margin of 139 points.

After that? We went on a run! The Pies won 12 of their next 13, including a 54 point win against the scourge, the Carlton Football Club.

The following day I popped into a pub in Williamstown. Across the sports bar I see Steele, Dayne Beams, Cam Wood & one or two players I can’t recall.

Like the Collingwood nuffy that I am, I had my 2009 member’s hat on. I prefer not to approach footy players for photos etc and will always let them go about their business.

However, on this occasion while I was at the bar, Steele approached me with the trademark grin you’re all accustomed to. We’d just obliterated Carlton. Steele said “you must have enjoyed last night hey?”

You could just tell how happy he was to be there. Humble beginnings!

October 2010
19 year old kid finishes 2nd in Norm Smith voting. If you ask me, he was clearly the best Collingwood player across the two grand finals. The 2010 GF was Steele’s 7th final, in his 36th game. You could tell this kid was built for the big time.

October 2018
Steele shares the Copeland with Grundy, the first time it’s been a tie in over two decades. It’s officially his second B&F in a row, however the season would have been quite bittersweet for Steele as the Pies lost the GF and Steele performed poorly.
Was that his final shot?

July 2020

Sidey’s banned for 4 games for covid breaches. He doesn’t play after round 13 and plenty of questions are being asked about his future in the team. Plenty, including myself assumed Sidey's end was approaching.

May 2023

300 games. It’s actually incredible. The kid with the smile. He’s elevated his game this year I think, and honestly think he could play another season or two at the least.

Another thing? Him and Pendles have been neck and neck in terms of career goals for the past couple of years. Both on 188 now. Who gets more?

The kid with the smile’s playing 300. He’s a Collingwood legend.

Thank you, Steele Sidebottom.

Excuse the intrusion - just wanted to say congratulations to Steele Sidebottom, he’s my favourite Pies player 👍.

Two great players.

One a quiet achiever with every skill in the game, an utterly fair player with flawless preparation, fitness and skills.

The other a giant in body and personality, dragged himself up with incredible resolve to become a fine player who crashes through opposition injury and professional obstacles alike.

Both a credit to themselves, their families and their club.

Of Steele's 299 games so far 276 of those have seen him run out alongside Scott Pendlebury
And only 1 game out of his 299 he's run out alongside Scott Emblery :)

Congrats to my all time favourite Pie in Sidebottom.

Both Sidey and Cox.

2 players born in 1991.

Sidey I've followed from the start of his AFL life (and a year and a bit before that) purely because of his name and being born in 1991 like myself.

Someone born in 1991 gets to become a 300 gamer.

300 games from someone your age makes you seem ancient in the footy world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back