Skippos's Final 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

By no means writing him off, I wouldn't expect any first year forward to come into a senior aide really. Just wanted to know how he handled his games, cheers

Underrated:
Lukas Webb - I'd seen a bit but wasn't sold. Should have been, he's good.
Bailey Dale - rated him outside the top 60 by virtue of no exposure. He too is good.
Cory Gregson - had him around 65. Seen a good bit of him and he didn't particularly impress. Was wrong
Jack Lonie - wasn't sure he had the tools to be a top notch small forward. Still not, but he's better than how I rated him
Really O'Brien - I looked at him as a meh key defender. He's turning into a good ruck
Jason Castagna - rated him low 60s on draft day but has him 25-45 most of the year. Think my initial assessment was correct
Touk Miller - undersized inside mids I always underrate. Expected miller to make the grade but not to smash it. He's impressed me more than any other draftee bar Lever thus far
Jaden McGrath - rated him 46, a reduction due to injury. I rated him higher than most but even that wasn't enough.
Harris Andrews - had him 30 odd. Now it's clear he's better than that
Dan McKenzie - had him 25, he's better than that
Caleb Marchbank - I think my initial assess,met was a bit off. He's not #6 but probably more of a 10-15 for mine as opposed to my initial rating of 21
Jordan De Goey - in hindsight I'd have him the second best mid in the crop behind CP
Jake Lever - rated him 6. He's better than that

Overrated: - it's a lot harder to judge these this early as players need time to develop
Bampton - hasn't done anything at league level this year. Initial assessment looks wrong.
Brayshaw - he's going to be good but I expected more from him early
Laverde - think I was a little high on him, he's still very raw
Langford - didn't rate him at all and to be honest, I think 27 was even too high

Of course I'd have small adjustments too but they're not worth talking about.
Sorry for the bump but do you still reckon corey ellis is bust material? from what i have seen has a crap load of class and was able to make senior selection early regardless of the fact that he missed most of pre season i reckon he will be a gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back