Snoops Annual Player Review, List and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovely player. Saw a bit of him as a junior and was impressive. I think he is around 190cm and athletically moves well. Knows how to find it and aggressive to run fwd and hurt on scoreboard. He is a player.
So Snoop do you see him as someone of worth in a Beams deal? Why so few games in the last 2 years at Brissie if yes?

So Snoop do you see him as someone of worth in a Beams deal? Why so few games in the last 2 years at Brissie if yes?

In some ways he would be the one I would want if it wasn't Aish. I think its gotta to be a mid not a tall. I can't see any others that would tempt me. I reckon Buckley would like Hanley though. Crisp can play. If you get a chance have a look at his stats at seasons end and maybe some You tube vision if there is any. He was very good around the middle, his run was powerful and he is a booming elite kick.

In some ways he would be the one I would want if it wasn't Aish. I think its gotta to be a mid not a tall. I can't see any others that would tempt me. I reckon Buckley would like Hanley though. Crisp can play. If you get a chance have a look at his stats at seasons end and maybe some You tube vision if there is any. He was very good around the middle, his run was powerful and he is a booming elite kick.
Not that keen on Mayes, Snoop?

So you think. we will get two picks inside 20 and a player. You are dreaming.

Pick 4 and a player yes. One of Brisbane's best players and a later pick yes. But not two top picks and a player. Dreaming.
Erm, well personally I wouldn't be happy with pick 4, and lets say pick 18, especially in such a top end heavy draft year. The "player" mentioned could have next to zero value, it will just be a sweetener which maybe our only club rates, and that playe might not get an opportunity if not under the right environment. We are talking about a premiership, all australian, cope land winner, and the second best player at our club, I'm surprised that you're looking for so little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we're gonna get more than that.

Listening to Sen pre-games discussion with Robbo, Dermie, Voss and Huddo was interesting.

Voss (along with Robbo) was surprisingly of the view that unless we get offered appropriate value that we shouldn't let him go.

All the guys were adamant that Brisbane will be to scared to trade young talent given last years exodus.

I think it's going to be hard to work out an adequate trade.

Erm, well personally I wouldn't be happy with pick 4, and lets say pick 18, especially in such a top end heavy draft year. The "player" mentioned could have next to zero value, it will just be a sweetener which maybe our only club rates, and that playe might not get an opportunity if not under the right environment. We are talking about a premiership, all australian, cope land winner, and the second best player at our club, I'm surprised that you're looking for so little.

I think 4 and 18 is about right but don't think Brisbane would offer that if they had it and I don't think we would accept. We are looking for an established player to replace an established player. Hanley, Rockliff, or Rich. Don't think Brisbane will give up one of these players.

Time will tell whether my assessment or yours re Beam's market worth is more accurate.

All the guys were adamant that Brisbane will be to scared to trade young talent given last years exodus.

I think it's going to be hard to work out an adequate trade.
But in return they get a 24 year old champion midfielder who comes from their own state and won't be leaving them to go home.

So you think we will get two picks inside 20 and a player. You are dreaming.

Pick 4 and a player yes. One of Brisbane's best players and a later pick yes. But not two top picks and a player. Dreaming.

Brisbane obviously think he is that good, why else would they offer him $800,000 a year for 5 years.

Picks are overated anyway, would rather get another club involved and get some proven talent

But in return they get a 24 year old champion midfielder who comes from their own state and won't be leaving them to go home.

Yeah, I get that.

But they were probably right in the fact that (as demonstrated by their supporters) they don't want to trade their proven youngsters and we don't just want draft picks (given our age profile).

The only way I can see it happening is if we can replace him with Dangerfield, (which is extremely unlikely) or we hold firm and try to accommodate his requirements as best we can.

Last edited:
I think 4 and 18 is about right but don't think Brisbane would offer that if they had it and I don't think we would accept. We are looking for an established player to replace an established player. Hanley, Rockliff, or Rich. Don't think Brisbane will give up one of these players.

Time will tell whether my assessment or yours re Beam's market worth is more accurate.
God I would love to have Hanley, I reckon he is by far the best HBF in the league, and defininately worth more than Beams.

Brisbane obviously think he is that good, why else would they offer him $800,000 a year for 5 years.

Picks are overated anyway, would rather get another club involved and get some proven talent

Should get a Pick 4 and a Player or 2

God I would love to have Hanley, I reckon he is by far the best HBF in the league, and defininately worth more than Beams.

I would love Hanley as well but don't think it will happen. Brisbane wouldn't agree. Hanley wouldn't agree given he made such a big deal of mummies boys heading back to Melbourne last year. We would need to take his brother as well.

Yeah, I get that.

But they were probably right in the fact that (as demonstrated by their supporters) they don't want to trade their proven youngsters and we don't just want draft picks (given our age profile).

The only way I can see it happening is if we can replace him with Dangerfield, (which is extremely unlikely) or we hold firm and try to accommodate his requirements as best we can.

I still think there are a few plausible outcomes here.

1. Beams stays. I think it's possible as Eddie and Co can't be seen to lose him for nothing. I also think there are a number of commentators suggesting we shouldn't settle for anything less than 2 first rounders. How lions come up with 2nd pick unsure unless Leuenberg, aish, Mayes or Hanley on table.

2. Dangerfield comes. It's long odds but the deal which sends 4 and Aish to crows and dangerfield to pies isn't to hard to do as long as dangerfield is happy to go.

3. Suns come in. If beams wants to get home he is going to need to let Suns come to table as that will put the pressure on Lions to deal. It's odd but he needs that to happen and I'd be surprised if Connors wasn't smart enough to realise that unless a reasonable offer is tabled he may not get home. Also doesn't look good in pR stakes if they don't let them to table

I wouldn't either buts it's still unders if you want parity. Personally I doubt we will get parity.

Gold Coast being interested certainly helps. It wouldn't be hard for the Pies to say that it's the Suns or staying in Melbourne if Brisbane did offer us s**t.

Gold Coast being interested certainly helps. It wouldn't be hard for the Pies to say that it's the Suns or staying in Melbourne if Brisbane did offer us s**t.

Well apparently they are not interested anymore which is real bad news for us.

Eddie was interesting on the radio this morning. He is clearly 'filthy' and I would think coupled with Buckleys comments 'about needing to give fans some good news' has got them pretty focussed on getting an outcome which works. Problem is the trade will go right to the wire unless Adelaide Dangerfield come into the picture. Wouldnt have thought would be real difficult to convince Aish or Mayes to go home and would think Crows would be happy with that for Dangerfield.......if Dangerfield wants to come home. If not then I think we are going to be well short in all this.

Buckley also should have chosen his words more wisely over weekend. Telling everyone your premiership chances drop significantly without Beams doenst send a great msg to Clark.I would have thought that makes him think long and hard about Cats.

Anyway I am not as fussed about Clark. We have White, Reid and Cloke for up front and thats dangerous enough. We need help in other areas. He would be nice but he is no sure thing in the best 22 for mine.

Anyway looks like we could have a great draft night. Assume we take picks then suspect Lions will need to deliver 2 first rounders and if Moore can slip to 2nd round we will probably have 3 first round selections and a 2nd (Lumumba) and Moore as well. We'll be the new GWS / Suns in terms of quality kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back