So where do you expect us to finish in 2004?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a question for Eagles supporters only so Imperial Purple , Ripper etc. Pi.. off and let the true belivers have their say .

For me anything less than a top five finish would be very disappointing, with one finals win {at least} to our name.

People you thoughts please!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RIPPER_46
Aww!

You are a true knob, Mayor of Meekatharra, you just cant help yourself, cant you stay away from functions that you are not invited to ?

Would like to make the finals but wouldn't be suprised if we missed - would be disapointed though.

Anywhere from 6th to 12th I think.

Injuries hit again, we're trucked, if they don't I think we are in the "better than 9th and down" category.

i would love to see us, and don't think it's anywhere near out of the question, within the top 4.

you must remember we were leading the competition before our infamour fade away and the end of the last season.

if we don't fill any of the top five spots there would be no excuse but to cut underperforming players, etc....

If the likes of Johnson and Lynch can carry their preseason form into the real thing, top 4 is a realistic goal, and one I'd be pretty upset if we didn't make.

Obviously a run of injuries could jeapardise that, I think we'll be a lot less fragile this year, because with a new stock of kpps coming through will be far less dependent on a couple of big names. Certainly, I don't think Gardiner will have to carry our side the way he did for periods last year.

Hopefully between 1-5. It all depends on KPP and injuries!

Does anyone agree with me that this year is the hardest to predict the top 8? We got the usuals(probably) Brisbane, Collingwood, Port, Adelaide, WCE, Freo... do we know what StKilda, Geelong,Melbourne,Sydney, Hawks, Essendon are going to do. A very even season imo. I think the draft has worked.

It's extremely difficult to predict where we will finish but I think the top 4 is a realistic goal, missing the finals altogether would be a catastrophe.

It's difficult to predict others aswell. Can Brisbane continue to dominate, I cant see them missing the 8 but are they still a real top 4 candidate. Port should be thereabouts but I have huge doubts on Adelaide. Can Freo back up last year? We'll have to wait and see. Collingwood are a strange one too.

Then there are teams like St Kilda, Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn and the Bulldogs who are all looking to improve. Should be a cracker of a season.

missing the finals would be unexeptable. Nothing less than a very extreme run of injuries (eg. Cousins, Judd, Gardiner, Matera all requiring knee reconstructions ) would prevent me from demanding the whole coaching staff be replaced.
8-7 would also be unexeptable but i would not blow my top, but i would be very very unhappy.
6-5 would be exeptable and likely if we have the same ordinary run of injuries and if Macdoogal doesn't step up.
4-3 would be pleasing and likely if we don't get too many injuries and if Macdoogal and Lynch both step up.
2-1 would be ectatic, but i think its out of our reach this year. Only possible if we have a very lucky run of injuries and Macdoogal, Lynch, and Johnson all step up. For us to do this other teams would also need to have poor runs with injuries.

In conclusion you can put me down for FOURTH.
I think Macdoogal will step up and Lynch should do well without being fatastic. We would be very unlucky if we got similar injries to top players, but even if we do we are better for it this year. If we do get similar injuries our new found depth will probably eman we finish 5th but i am hoping for few injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to think that Woosha and the rest of the coaching staff have constructed a plan on how to deal with a fade out this year. I dont want to see gardiner playing full games in the ruck till round 14-15. I want to see Mcdougal, Johnson and Lynch step up to the plate and have a good crack. I want to see Gaspar get on the ground and play footy for us and show us what he can do.

If this all happens were in for a top 4 position and a huge chance to have some success in September.

If this doesnt happen we will finsih anywhere from 5th to 10th!

Originally posted by ACT exile
Personaly, if you mob finnish in the eight I would be very supprised.

Why do D.ickheads like you come on this board and say stupid stuff like that? If we had of wanted and @ssholes opinion, we would have farted, alrite!
By all rights, we shouldnt miss the finals

I think anywhere between 3-6 is probably the most realistic this year, and thats with minor injuries along the way.. If we start having major injury problems like last year, then maybe we might slip down a bit..
If we dont make the 8 this year, then overall will be a waste of the year.. The start of our season will setermine where on the ladder we will finish come september..
Port, Essendon, Brisbane and Freo in the first 6 rounds with carlton and the bulldogs in there away makes a tough first 1/3 of the year..
If we can come out of that period with some wins and no injuries then we'll set the year up

Between 3-7 for sure, barring major injury worries. I think this year is a telling year, i think we have the potential to one day be a Premiership side, this year will tell us a lot.
Will McDougall continue his fair pre-season form and make a name for himself? If not, the coaching staff will need to review him for 2005. Can Gaspar have an injury free season and also make a name for himself? If not then i think we will have to have him out the door. Can the Big Q continue his unblevieable form in the Pre-season to plant himself in the heart of the defence? I think he can but does he think he can? Can Hansen get on the park?

A lot of ifs and buts. We will soon see what our year will be like.

ladder position

I think top 5 for sure. I think we could finish top if we play our cards right. If we can manage to nurse Gardinder through the season only playing small bursts in the ruck, and Cox handles No 1 ruck well in the meantime, our midfield should be able to take most teams apart. If we get injuries in the midfield though, like Fletch and Embers last year, we are buggered.

Im not looking for anything huge from the likes of McDougall and Johnson up forward, but if they can just cement a spot in the team and be solid contributors I will be happy, as Fido, Chick, Sampi etc will also play better in this environment.

Another IF but if Gaspar fits in the team aswell, we will be very hard to match up on, and we could pinch a few away games becuase of this. A tall, fast team is not an easy team to beat.

Originally posted by Monocle
You are a true knob, Mayor of Meekatharra, you just cant help yourself, cant you stay away from functions that you are not invited to ?

ease up , Ripper is ok. In fact I think he actually has a soft spot for the eagles. He wouldnt comment so much otherwise !!

Originally posted by Monocle
This is a question for Eagles supporters only so Imperial Purple , Ripper etc. Pi.. off and let the true belivers have their say .

It is a pity that you don't want people from "outside" to give their views. I know some people come in to just troll, but people like Kenny, Ripper and supporters of football in general could come in and give a good rational discussion on where your team is going, from a different perspective.

Oh well if that's what you want ...............

I'd like to think we can hold all of our games at home, which would pretty much put us in the eight by default. We're susceptible to a team who can hold up the fast break from the centre, and I don't think that'll change one bit - what may change is that the midfielders, being that much older and fatter, may not be so inclined to be bowled over by aggression in the centre. And, of course, if Doogs and Gas stay fit we get even better flexibility.

Top four if we can stay fit.

1st

If we can be in the top 2 at the end of round 15, as we were last year, then we should have no problems being first at the end of the home and away season. 4 out of our last 5 games are at home and we should have a great run into the finals.

Chad (Mr Natural) Fletcher will win the best and fairest and finish top 10 in the Brownlow count. (Off topic I know but I just thought I would add that into the conversation)

Originally posted by West Coast Stre
1st

If we can be in the top 2 at the end of round 15, as we were last year, then we should have no problems being first at the end of the home and away season. 4 out of our last 5 games are at home and we should have a great run into the finals.

Chad (Mr Natural) Fletcher will win the best and fairest and finish top 10 in the Brownlow count. (Off topic I know but I just thought I would add that into the conversation)

That would be possible, but Darren Glass is of course going to win the brownlow- out of interest, does anyone know if a full back (before Dazza this year, obviously) has ever won a brownlow, or even polled particularly highly?

Originally posted by Mead
That would be possible, but Darren Glass is of course going to win the brownlow- out of interest, does anyone know if a full back (before Dazza this year, obviously) has ever won a brownlow, or even polled particularly highly?

Fred Goldsmith
Career: 1951 - 59 (Sth Melb)
Games: 120
Goals: 106
Number: 2
Position: Full Back
Simpson Medal: 1956

Remove this Banner Ad

Back