Remove this Banner Ad

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
NN had his best game since 2012. Lycett, although he didn't set the world on fire, took some grabs, kicked a goal, and showed what he could do. With Sinclair having another good day out in the WAFL. The question must be asked. Why do we even play Cox next week? Has the big man played his last game?

Lycett was good today. I really want to see him in the team for the rest of the year but not if he is 3rd ruck. Not sure where this leaves Coxy. Hard to see the selectors not playing him unless he retires.

Did NN spend more time in the ruck then usual? It felt like he did, and if so, then this surely points to the fact that rotating with Cox isn't good for NN. What was happening tonight, needs to continue to happen.

Depends a bit on how our season shapes up over the next four weeks. He played some good games early in the season - he's not totally shot. If we can improve our output across the board and remain in contention for finals, Cox will be a big part of that. If the season is a dead loss, it's probably time to (sadly) look at other options.

Cox needs to do exactly what Glass did this week and do what's best for the club. Retire.
He's been an absolute champion but we need to play the kids and develop for the future. Lycett and Sinclair will only get better by being played at AFL level. If Simpson is the right guy for the coaching job, (and I think he is) he'll suggest the same thing to Coxy. Time to make the hard calls for the best interests of the club.

There would be a measure of selfishness if Cox continued.

The betterment of the team needs him to retire this week IMO. He can go to full time ruck coach but please don't teach them how to wve your arms about for a free kick.

Lycett was good today. I was knocking him earlier for his lack of pace but he is a good ruckman and has a good understanding of positioning in the game. Can take a contested mark as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lycett was simply awesome today and took some game saving marks and ran strongly all day , great to see the boys mob him when he nailed that goal , its like saying" welcome to the 22 " .If Coxy wants to go on ,it may get ugly because he has fallen back and may not be re called if Lycett keeps playing like that.I know he has been a champion of the club but could he be traded??? ....may be a handy back up ruckman for a club like the Western Bulldogs , which may help us getting in a A grade mid to the club.Might upset some of you but thats just the way of the world.

Lycett was simply awesome today and took some game saving marks and ran strongly all day , great to see the boys mob him when he nailed that goal , its like saying" welcome to the 22 " .If Coxy wants to go on ,it may get ugly because he has fallen back and may not be re called if Lycett keeps playing like that.I know he has been a champion of the club but could he be traded??? ....may be a handy back up ruckman for a club like the Western Bulldogs , which may help us getting in a A grade mid to the club.Might upset some of you but thats just the way of the world.

Even if we did do that, which is highly unlikely since he would maybe only have 1 average year left in him, it wouldn't help us get an A grade mid, perhaps a 3rd rounder which we dont need, and to be honest, no one would take him, especially the dogs who already have an AA ruck.

Mid week presser to call time on a great career. Do the right thing Coxy.

Hard to say really. Lycett and NN looked good today and Cox has been down pretty much all year. If the 300 was possible this year I would almost say keep him there but if he isn't best 22 then he should do a Glass.

If he stays out of the side and finals are gone then he absolutely should a farewell game though. Would be a shame to have both Cox and Glass play their last games in Tassie.

Thought it was interesting that Simpson said that Cox 'trained very well' on Thursday but was obviously rested.

Thought it was interesting that Simpson said that Cox 'trained very well' on Thursday but was obviously rested.
Was interviewed on abc this morning and intimated that it was a mental rest as much as physical

I very much doubt cox will be on our list next year. It's a shame h won't get to 300, but its the best thing for the club that he moves on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back