Southern Football League 2011- Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Cab off the rank...2 years away from Bigfooty, time to get some good banter going here...no bickering fighting just good old banter!!! Go Dragons.:thumbsu:

Ladder
Dragons
mount waverly
moorabbin
endeavour hills
sandown
dandenong
doveton
lyndale

The dragons have the right mix fast skilled talls tough, they have improved massively since entering the comp, as for mount they have the players, just dont have the balls, good team not tough enough..lyndale cant see much good ground and facilities good club, lack the leg speed of the dragons, dragons hard to beat this year go DRAGONS

Ladder
Dragons
mount waverly
moorabbin
endeavour hills
sandown
dandenong
doveton
lyndale

The dragons have the right mix fast skilled talls tough, they have improved massively since entering the comp, as for mount they have the players, just dont have the balls, good team not tough enough..lyndale cant see much good ground and facilities good club, lack the leg speed of the dragons, dragons hard to beat this year go DRAGONS

Lol, I guarantee lyndale will be playing finals. Having played against quite a few of there recruits from div 1, they are pretty good players.
I can't wait till our praccy match... I hope you boys down at southern dragons have someone that will be able to keep up with me ;)

Lyndale
Mt Waverley
Sandown
Moorabbin
South Dragons
Endouvour Hills
Dandenong

Ladder
Dragons
mount waverly
moorabbin
endeavour hills
sandown
dandenong
doveton
lyndale

to put it bluntly there is a huge oversight, doveton are GONE, and if there not then they will not win a game. lyndale have recruited the best from last years doveton team and also div 1 teams and also div 2 teams so they will be stong this year, mount will be like they have the last few years strong but not strong enough i wouldnt think, EH well there is a lot of hype around EH and there coaching staff is good but i cant see a whole new club being able to gel together for a few weeks into the season, but will be strong and enough has been said about the dragons, moorabbin is the unknown here, and as for sandown only a fool would write them us off before season starts. with a list in excess of 90 players and a new executive committee, new coach, new atmosphere, new philosophy and team working as one then we would have to be given a form of respect.

my ladder
lyndale
mount waverly
sandown
dragons
moorabbin
EH
dandenong
Doveton (for what its worth)

good luck to all

lyndales second tier players are going to count for a lot they will pick up some good players however you need 22 players on the park i just dont think they will have that, i hope sandown have 90 players, how many of them are senior players, and in that list of 90 does that include a thirds team aswell

lyndales second tier players are going to count for a lot they will pick up some good players however you need 22 players on the park i just dont think they will have that, i hope sandown have 90 players, how many of them are senior players, and in that list of 90 does that include a thirds team aswell

our complete list is not finished yet so far the 90 players includes the thirds team but that doesn't mean much, our senior list will bat very very deep, the exact number at the moment wont be know until season start but with everything changing at the club even if we don't finish top 3 we will be more competitive and more professional than previous years, i can guarantee that

cobras 2011;)

It was announced last training session that there are officially 104 players on the list. Their have been up to 60 players training at one time on certain nights... Ofcourse alot more will come once the cricket season is over.
Of those 104, there is easily 40+ players that will be pushing for a senior selection. This will make it very competitive for all players to keep / earn their spot in the side. This will make our reserves team this year a major force. And with the great amount of numbers, people will have to earn a spot in the thirds or they will miss out.
All te boys can't wait for the season to start and show the rest of div3 how hard we have been working.

I think i saw EH...I think.

Looked like an Intra club. As they weren't there long. Probably about 40ish players(?). Cant really tell much from the 10mins i saw.

They seemed relatively young, with some mix of talls and smalls, and wasn't to scrappy. Was surprised at the ball movement.

Anyway i think it was them...if they are using the green and gold.

I think i saw EH...I think.

Looked like an Intra club. As they weren't there long. Probably about 40ish players(?). Cant really tell much from the 10mins i saw.

They seemed relatively young, with some mix of talls and smalls, and wasn't to scrappy. Was surprised at the ball movement.

Anyway i think it was them...if they are using the green and gold.

I thought they were supposed to play a praccy match against silvan yesterday, though I just heard on SEN that a 22yr old died in a silvan intra club match... Terrible news.

Why was the praccy match called off???

who is the biggest recruit down there, are they throwing money around or are players comming on there own free will, sounds like people want tobe there should make for a good season. you guys shouldnt have a problem beating mount waverly you might even be the team to beat???????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought they were supposed to play a praccy match against silvan yesterday, though I just heard on SEN that a 22yr old died in a silvan intra club match... Terrible news.

Why was the praccy match called off???
The council or something couldn't arrange the ground for us. (Bloody cricketers!!!)

We ended up playing a half off an intraclub match at Gleneagles untill we were then kicked off by cricketers! bastards. .

Sad news about the 22 yr old dieing .. :(

who is the biggest recruit down there, are they throwing money around or are players comming on there own free will, sounds like people want tobe there should make for a good season. you guys shouldnt have a problem beating mount waverly you might even be the team to beat???????
Everyone is coming down on there own free will. Everyone does want to be there, and with good reason!

I could talk up a few of the boys.. all I'll say is don't take us lightly.

I thi this was directed at Sandown...

Indeed thIs was directed at sandown, and well in all honesty players are being paid but the money is small and when i say small i mean it, people arnt at sandown for the money they are there because of the change in culture and coaching staff, people want to play there not because of the little money they might get, but because we will be building for a stronger future. As for the team to beat we wont know untill rd 1 and its doesnt matter about a huge recruit because it only matters about the 22 in your side every week no 1 person will win a game alone

Indeed thIs was directed at sandown, and well in all honesty players are being paid but the money is small and when i say small i mean it, people arnt at sandown for the money they are there because of the change in culture and coaching staff, people want to play there not because of the little money they might get, but because we will be building for a stronger future. As for the team to beat we wont know untill rd 1 and its doesnt matter about a huge recruit because it only matters about the 22 in your side every week no 1 person will win a game alone

Very true, though the players that we have picked are very decent footballers. Jake chapman is a great running half back... He did well at tooronga. Daniel maskiell is a really handy key backman, with the ability to run off and create. Just to name a few.
And all the previous boys have stepped up since last year, with alot more determination and hunger. And a coach that is getting the best out of them. That was the main reason for me joining Sandown, they are building a strong club both on and off field.

Season is a month away, everyone are on top of the ladder at this stage, no one should be taken lightly. EH is young and enthusastic, should bring some spring into the comp...sounds like Cobras has had a terrific off season, Dragons will get a first look at them in about 2 weeks, will report back to everyone...Don't underestimate the hunger of the Mt Lions, no one likes to be bridesmaid consecutive years, they will have something to prove...tough hard year of footy coming up, should be loads of fun. Salary Cap for SFL divi 3? ( just wanna sh1t stir the Cobra boys a bit...hahaha )

Haha, yeah JP, not hard to figure out who I am... I'm not hiding anything nor do I need to hide behind an alias.
I'm still about 15-20% off full fitness, but should be right come round 1.
Interesting thing with mount, their list doesn't look like it has changed... Going by clearances anyway.

two backmen a few fat boys and two or three oldies then you have the thirds (SPECIAL) and thats about it great football players there i think dragons are the ones to beat this year:):):)

No fat boys in the ones mate, I doubt anyone will be able to run with our midfield.
Daniel Ralph is a solid half forward type that came from ferntree gully. Smart footballer and tough to the ball.
Luke Rossborough from tooronga is a hard runner and has good skills.
Alex chinery from Beaumauris also a good runner and makes good decisions.

Come down on the 26th, and we will see how southern dragons go against us. Watch out for number 7 ;)

haha..no worries Dan...see ya at the gym...I'm banning the boys from talking Dragons up on bigfooty tonight at training inureface...hahaha...:D

IF Doveton goes, 7 teams in div 3...not happy...

two backmen a few fat boys and two or three oldies then you have the thirds (SPECIAL) and thats about it great football players there i think dragons are the ones to beat this year:):):)

hahaha love a bit of friendly banter among clubs, but in all honesty at this stage in the year it would be foolish to right anyone (except doveton) as has been said the season hasnt started its anyones game, even in our practise matches we wont be at full strength, but regardless we will have a strong club across the board but doesn't mean much just yet, when the season starts there will be no pretenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back