Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Just going on these numbers, working out as a percentage the carve up

Crows - 34.3%
Port - 26%
SANFL - 39.7%
it isnt far from the numbers RussellEbertHandball worked out for our 2008 season. See post 3 of this thread.

Taking out the AFL component in 2008 breakdown =

Crows - 36%
Port - 25.6%
SANFL - 38.9%

Wonder how much the costs have varied between the 3 parties since 2008.
I didnt work those out. They came from an article in The Advertiser in 2009 re 2008 split that I transferred over from TPFP. Vi on TPFP had put the graphic into TPFP thread.

apparently SMA members are now peed off cause they're getting slugged more money.

this is all due to those greedy SNAFL grubs.

If Port supporters want to hit the SANFL where it hurts simply boycott the food and beverages inside of the ground, the prices are exorbitant anyway. Can you imagine the s**t that would hit the fan if they had a 40,000 crowd and sold **** all? Somehow Port supporters would be painted as the villains but boy I would like to see it!

Would cut down on cleaning costs too.

apparently SMA members are now peed off cause they're getting slugged more money.

this is all due to those greedy SNAFL grubs.

Yep, because the $550 that was charged this year for 22 games was what those memberships are worth. Can't afford it on the pension? Give it up to those who can.

Looking back(wards)...

SA’s AFL clubs are about to enter an era of unprecedented wealth and it has created the chance to turn the SANFL into the nation’s dominant state league.

It has long made sense that a genuine elite state league should exist where the nation’s mature-age players outside the AFL play.

It has also made sense to me that the SANFL — with its passionate local following, strong clubs and rich history — be this competition.

The problem with this is obvious — it doesn’t suit the AFL or, more to the point, the Vics.

Why would Victoria’s dominant AFL forces want the best mature-age players playing outside of the VFL and its empty grandstands?

Last week’s estimate by SA Football Commission chairman John Olsen that the Crows and Port Adelaide are each about to receive a $6  million a year economic upshot thanks to Adelaide Oval changes everything.

So does the fact the Power and the Crows have reserves sides in the SANFL and have a genuine vested interest in seeing the local competition thrive.

They also have a responsibility to support the SANFL, which assisted their move to the city and allowed their reserves into the state league.

The Crows are eyeing a multi-million dollar profit in 2014 and Port Adelaide, unbelievably, may post a similar result.

It puts these clubs in a position to each invest $800,000 per year into increasing the SANFL salary cap from its current $360,000 to about $560,000, creating a genuine semi-pro competition.

The benefits in SA footy will be widespread.

Full article: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...907702043?nk=7acd93ad6ca061572cdc817513eabdd1

Well, well at last, SEVEN has just reported that the AFL has apparently written a very terse and pointed letter to John Olsen. The AFL is almost demanding that the AFL Clubs getting a better return and according to SEVEN Gillon has accused the SANFL of greed. Premier Jay Weatherill is not surprised that the AFL is upset and he is clearly on the Club's side. Jay was the only person who had anything official to say and he did not seem pleased. I think Olsen is becoming more isolated by the day.

SEVEN also reported that the two AFL Clubs want an additional 5 million split from catering and a couple of other sources. Not sure if that was 5 million split between them or 5 million each. I suspect it is the former option.

Not sure how much substance there is in any of this but here's hoping.

FOOTNOTE: There was a quote from John Olsen who said he was sure that the situation could be resolved with a little goodwill. At that point I fell off my chair. Goodwill- the SANFL would not know the meaning of the word.

Well, well at last, SEVEN has just reported that the AFL has apparently written a very terse and pointed letter to John Olsen. The AFL is almost demanding that the AFL Clubs getting a better return and according to SEVEN Gillon has accused the SANFL of greed. Premier Jay Weatherill is not surprised that the AFL is upset and he is clearly on the Club's side. Jay was the only person who had anything official to say and he did not seem pleased. I think Olsen is becoming more isolated by the day.

SEVEN also reported that the two AFL Clubs want an additional 5 million split from catering and a couple of other sources. Not sure if that was 5 million split between them or 5 million each. I suspect it is the former option.

FOOTNOTE: There was a quote from John Olsen who said he was sure that the situation could be resolved with a little goodwill. At that point I fell off my chair. Goodwill- the SANFL would not know the meaning of the word.

The 'goodwill' Olsen refers to is 'Let us keep money we don't actually have a right to'. ******* campaigner.

Rowe - "Cornesy coming on Bicks and he wants to have a go at you over SANFL and stadium deal"

Bicks "What... For speaking on behalf of 90% of the state over the clubs being conned"

So ... what BS spin did Wrinlkes come up with today?

Nothing new. Absolutely nothing but the same tired rhetoric that increasingly nobody is listening to. Bicks owned him. Interesting Grandpa said that the SANFL is willing to give them all the SANFLS uplift but the club's have told them to go * themselves. Brilliant! The balance of power is shifting.

He said what?

Laughable to say the least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well first he introduced himself

IMG_3055_2_zps0f60e696.jpg

From there it was all downhill

If the clubs don't get a deal where they get their fair share, it wouldn't surprise me to see Weatheril step in.
They'll probably try and change the legislation, or at least threaten the SMA/SANFL utensil suckers with that if they don't pass more onto the clubs.
Olsens mates in the Liberal party are powerless to help him.

Looking back(wards)...

SA’s AFL clubs are about to enter an era of unprecedented wealth and it has created the chance to turn the SANFL into the nation’s dominant state league.

It has long made sense that a genuine elite state league should exist where the nation’s mature-age players outside the AFL play.

It has also made sense to me that the SANFL — with its passionate local following, strong clubs and rich history — be this competition.

The problem with this is obvious — it doesn’t suit the AFL or, more to the point, the Vics.

Why would Victoria’s dominant AFL forces want the best mature-age players playing outside of the VFL and its empty grandstands?

Last week’s estimate by SA Football Commission chairman John Olsen that the Crows and Port Adelaide are each about to receive a $6  million a year economic upshot thanks to Adelaide Oval changes everything.

So does the fact the Power and the Crows have reserves sides in the SANFL and have a genuine vested interest in seeing the local competition thrive.

They also have a responsibility to support the SANFL, which assisted their move to the city and allowed their reserves into the state league.

The Crows are eyeing a multi-million dollar profit in 2014 and Port Adelaide, unbelievably, may post a similar result.

It puts these clubs in a position to each invest $800,000 per year into increasing the SANFL salary cap from its current $360,000 to about $560,000, creating a genuine semi-pro competition.

The benefits in SA footy will be widespread.

Full article: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...907702043?nk=7acd93ad6ca061572cdc817513eabdd1

The SANFL always said they would not move unless football was substantially better off. I guess the question was always going to be how the extra revenue/profits were going to be split.

December 2009 SANFL ambit claim - how would you describe this claim 1954 ? given the way you describe a union ambit claim before.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...of-adelaide-oval/story-e6frea83-1225807350370

August 2010 go ahead and the projected returns
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...at-adelaide-oval/story-e6frecj3-1225903680004

For the simple folk like myself can we have a summary of recommendations somewhere. From what I've understood so far:

- buy your membership through the club not at the gate or through AO membership
- all food and drink purchased at the white tent
- merchandise through the club

Or basically don't spend any of your money at AO if you want it going to the benefit of the club.

For the simple folk like myself can we have a summary of recommendations somewhere. From what I've understood so far:

- buy your membership through the club not at the gate or through AO membership
- all food and drink purchased at the white tent
- merchandise through the club

Or basically don't spend any of your money at AO if you want it going to the benefit of the club.

You've nailed it :thumbsu:

All of this means nothing until the Snafl are funded by the AFL and are AFLSA. The whole football structure needs to change. It's stupid that it is left to 2 teams to fund the SANFL, a different 2 clubs to fund the WAFL while none of the other clubs have this. The AFL can spruik equalisation all they like but as long as the SANFL has their iron clad affiliation agreement it will be anything but equal. It's time the AFL started white anting some of these SANFL clubs to make the systematic changes in the football structure that is sorely needed.

If the SANFL lose out big time here, it will be interesting to see how they manage without the gravy train. The entire SANFL will have to fundamentally change and tighten their belts. You watch the clubs turn on the SANFL once the cash dries up. It's going to be compelling viewing.

But norwood have won alot of premierships lately guys, as if anyone ever gave a ******* s**t since 1990.

HAHAHAHA. For about 15 minutes there Paul Diulio thought he was the next big player in SA football.

Back in ya box you insignificant tit.

Who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back