News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

The team that runs the worst AFL venue in the country gets the gig to manage our new stadium.

Only Colin.

But the management of the facility isn't really related to the design of the facility.

I went to our away QF there a couple of years ago, and while I agree that the venue is a piece of junk, it seemed to be managed okay in terms of food and drink and presentation.

But the management of the facility isn't really related to the design of the facility.

I went to our away QF there a couple of years ago, and while I agree that the venue is a piece of junk, it seemed to be managed okay in terms of food and drink and presentation.
Apart from the uncovered bolts last season......

Apart from the impact it could have on the two AFL clubs bottom line it could financially cripple the WAFL and grass roots football.

I have great concerns over the quality of the playing surface.

I also have great concerns of the influence of Mike Fitzpatrick and the AFL commission.

According to afl.com the WAFC could lose 15mill from football investment in WA.

AFL will be loving this, by weakening the WAFC they are one step closer to their dream of getting back the 2 AFL licences and in effect taking control of the game in WA.

Goodbye WAFL

In general, I don't know too much about the detail of the deal, other than that a few companies put bids in. My main point is that I don't think we should rush to judgement about the successful bidder at this stage.

Apart from the uncovered bolts last season......

Fair point. That was poor.

Apart from the impact it could have on the two AFL clubs bottom line it could financially cripple the WAFL and grass roots football.
According to afl.com the WAFC could lose 15mill from football investment in WA.

The WAFC didn't cover themselves in glory the way they tried to hold the Gov't to ransom over the proposed redevelopment of Subi.

If they are going to lose $15m it shows how much they were ripping everyone else off who wanted to use the stadium.

I have great concerns over the quality of the playing surface.

True. It isn't the only football ground with surface issues. All the other grounds in Perth have reasonable playing surfaces, so hopefully they get this one right.

I also have great concerns of the influence of Mike Fitzpatrick and the AFL commission.

Not sure what you're implying.

Not sure what you're implying.

Pretty sure Mike Fitzpatrick is on the SAM board, coincidence perhaps.

I do worry when the AFL start to have an influence on decisions made for WA football, because as I stated before they want the two WA AFL licences back.

The AFL have little or no interest in local community football ie WAFL and WAAFL.
If they were to take control of running the game in WA I doubt the WAFL would exist in its current setup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see the report on the selection process for this. Not only did the WAFC not get the operating contract, but they didn't even get second place! AEG (the mob that runs Perth Arena) came in second and will be the reserve respondent if things break down between the WA government and SAO. That means that the WAFC were the third or fourth best option out of four applicants.

Domain has been poorly run for a long time now - I imagine that the state government decided that they wanted a more professional outfit. The key requirement now is for us to find out what the state government plans for funding grassroots football in WA.

AFL will be loving this, by weakening the WAFC they are one step closer to their dream of getting back the 2 AFL licences and in effect taking control of the game in WA.

Goodbye WAFL

It would mean the AFL have to fund the WAFL like they do everything except the SANFL.

I'm sure they are gagging to get that extra cost on their books so the WA clubs can keep the extra millions in house for development.

It would mean the AFL have to fund the WAFL like they do everything except the SANFL.

I'm sure they are gagging to get that extra cost on their books so the WA clubs can keep the extra millions in house for development.

The WAFL wont be an extra cost when it's not there.

The state government gave the stadium management to stadium australia. Love seeing the profits go outside football to Sydney.
I wouldn't have given the WAFL consortium the managing right as that is not their core business to manage stadiums. The WAFL people should get on with managing Football in this State and let the experts like Stadium Australia manage the stadium as they do this everyday.

I wouldn't have given the WAFL consortium the managing right as that is not their core business to manage stadiums. The WAFL people should get on with managing Football in this State and let the experts like Stadium Australia manage the stadium as they do this everyday.
So where do you get the 15 mill to fund footy in WA

It isn't in the AFL's interest for the Western Australian U-18 football development to fall apart.

Of course not and I am sure there will be an U18 league and strong junior pathways in place.

The WAFL though will be completely torn apart.

Unless the reason the reason they haven't describe WA's contribution to zones is that both clubs are about to get a model that is so immense that we won't need to worry about the WAFL crumbling in terms of player development.

Domain has been poorly run for a long time now - I imagine that the state government decided that they wanted a more professional outfit. The key requirement now is for us to find out what the state government plans for funding grassroots football in WA.
I second the motion.
Food - no GF, V or anything that is not a pie. A constantly slippery surface. A fire in the stands. No ATM's I could go on with year other than last year.

Food was awful last year... they advertised it as 'gourmet' and it was inedible. They must have lost a bucketload of money last year selling that garbage. Everyone near me ended up bringing their own each week instead of buying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back