Multiplat Star Wars Battlefront 3 - Beta/Pre-Launch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Battlefront 3's menu got leaked.

VZ74tQg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh you can't drive AT-ATs? You mean those vehicles that were only available on the hoth map in BF2? Those things that move pathetically slowly whilst you shoot a lazer beam that has a cool down and all your allies are actually in battle risking their lives?

Yeah I guess I won't play this new game either.

Anything else to nit pick before I don't buy this game?

Oh you can't drive AT-ATs? You mean those vehicles that were only available on the hoth map in BF2? Those things that move pathetically slowly whilst you shoot a lazer beam that has a cool down and all your allies are actually in battle risking their lives?

To be fair that is just a minor gripe on a long list of disappointing absences.

It's more the fact that this is, essentially, a Battlefield game, so being able to operate all vehicles is an expectation. Whether they are actually effective or not is largely irrelevant. If this was being developed by Infinity Ward, for example, there wouldn't be this expectation (and thus this disappointment) given their tendency to utilise AI-controlled vehicles in their kill streaks.

Personally, I don't mind if we can't control the AT-AT, but it seems silly to make the AT-ST and other vehicles capable of being fully controlled, but then arbitrarily selecting one or two that cannot. They should probably either let us take control of everything on the map, or nothing at all. From there, it is up to the players to decide what they think is an efficient tool in the game; if people share your opinion on the AT-ATs, then they won't use it, but maybe some people will master it, or just find it to be plain fun.

This game is being marketed as one where you create your own battles in the Star Wars universe. The lack of drivable AT-ATs and omission of space combat are but the first asterisks on that claim, and leaves us worrying if there are many more to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back