Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that you are the one talking about 10s of thousand (how many exactly), haven't read it in slicedndiced posts.

Well then how many do you think would be supported by a refugee to regional scheme?

There have been examples of individuals to a few families. But if we want to make a genuine difference its going to have to be in 10s of thousands.

Give me some rough numbers on how many overall we will be incorporating into this scheme. Your the ones championing it.

You did actually read the link before posting it with your enlightening statement didn't you?

Did love this

"It is understood the room was intended for Operation Sovereign Borders media briefings presented by Immigration Minister Scott Morrison until late last year."

Labor knew they were so ****ed they were already building facilities, for Scott Morrison? well before they lost the election? And they also ordered the doorknobs?

And how many AS do you think Bruce Rock or any other small town could employ? Maybe 20 seasonal worker at seeding and harvest time (they already have Irish backpackers and Kiwi's with a farming back ground doing that)

Well then how many do you think would be supported by a refugee to regional scheme?

There have been examples of individuals to a few families. But if we want to make a genuine difference its going to have to be in 10s of thousands.

Give me some rough numbers on how many overall we will be incorporating into this scheme. Your the ones championing it.
Have no idea but I would think that once processed and it is known what skills they have, then you may make a judgement.
If we are using 457 for cooks, workers in restaurants, fast food outlets, retail I am sure some would be suitable.
Further, they may also have farming skills or even engineers.
Until we have more information which is not forthcoming from this government, I wouldn't put it in the 10s of thousands.
What I do know is that there are approx 100,000 people on 457 visas which in turn have brought another 900,000 by way of partners or families. Not sure how many have achieved permanent residency as this government doesn't update these figures like the last government did.

Note: Partners and families are also eligible to work.

Last edited:
It seems to me that you are the one talking about 10s of thousand (how many exactly), haven't read it in slicedndiced posts.

Exactly.

However Max and Cracker may do well to look inland from their coastal centric vision of Australia.

I have no idea of the exact numbers, but there is most certainly many, many hundreds of regional towns. Some may only take 10 people, some may need 100 over time, some may take none at all.

Do the math.

And no cracker, I am not talking about seasonal work, I am talking about full-time employment, as long as the respective shires show enough initiative, which plenty have already, and many more are investigating this.

Mind you, this seasonal work, which we seem to specifically keep for our European backpackers at present, could also be taken over.

Have no idea but I would think that once processed and it is known what skills they have, then you may make a judgement.
If we are using 457 for cooks, workers in restaurants, fast food outlets, retail I am sure some would be suitable.
Further, they may also have farming skills or even engineers.
Until we have more information which is not forthcoming from this government, I wouldn't put it in the 10s of thousands.
What I do know is that there are approx 100,000 people on 457 visas which in turn have brought another 900,000 by way of partners or families. Not sure how many have achieved permanent residency as this government doesn't update these figures like the last government did.

If they were cooks or engineers they could of applied through the 457 or skilled migration program and not needed to take a leaky boat.

If you have the needed skills getting into Australia is not a massive challenge.

I'm all for it if it works but the vague reponses does not fill me with hope. People can't even give me a rough figure of the amount of people involved. Not to mention no discussion of the major issue: what about those people are are rejected yet still want to come to Australia.

So Morrison is incapable of saying, hey we will not be using it thereby saving the money to have it on stand-by?
Doesn't he realise that we have an economic crisis?:)
From the sounds of it ,it's a three year lease that commenced in June 2013. What do you want Morrison to do?
Break the lease and then pay it all out as compensation. Saving nothing.

From the sounds of it ,it's a three year lease that commenced in June 2013. What do you want Morrison to do?
Break the lease and then pay it all out as compensation. Saving nothing.
Get someone to look at how else it could be used or lease it. Or, negotiate, remember that word? The Libs are becoming quite good at it at the moment.

I think the whole refugee to regions is kinda irrelvant. If the system could be made to work I have no problem with it.

The core issue has never been with how many refugees we accept but what happens once we reach that limit (whatever that may be).

The issues we have now are not due to how many refugees we are talking but the fact we are putting a limit on it. Now unless you suggest we remove all limits at some point, whether it be 20,000, 40,000 or 60,000 we are going to reach a cap and start saying no.

What happens when we do start saying no and how do we enforce it?

These placement programs simply delay reaching this point not preventing it.

Hahahaha you crack me up.

Edit: I know a shearing contractor in Newdegate looking for shearers, any of these AS know how to shear?

Worthy response.

:rolleyes:

If you have the needed skills getting into Australia is not a massive challenge.

Yeah, it's a piece of piss.

So, so easy.

If you have the money of course.

As long as you are not a threatened minority in your own country of course.

This whole notion of immigration to Australia as being simple is bloody ludicrous.

Try getting a wife from a country listed as dodgy a permanent residency. A wife FFS! Yes I know about the scammers btw.

I'm all for it if it works but the vague reponses does not fill me with hope. People can't even give me a rough figure of the amount of people involved. Not to mention no discussion of the major issue: what about those people are are rejected yet still want to come to Australia.

There is plenty of discussion about it at regional and State government levels.

But no, I can't provide you with one of your precious studies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worthy response.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's a piece of piss.

So, so easy.

If you have the money of course.

As long as you are not a threatened minority in your own country of course.

This whole notion of immigration to Australia as being simple is bloody ludicrous.

Try getting a wife from a country listed as dodgy a permanent residency. A wife FFS! Yes I know about the scammers btw.

There is plenty of discussion about it at regional and State government levels.

But no, I can't provide you with one of your precious studies.

I grew up in a Asian houshold. Half my family lives in Asian. I am not as unfamiliar with immigration proceedures as you may think.

If you have the needed skills it really isn't that difficult to get into Australia. Trying to get people into Australia purely for family reasons is difficult though.

If only you knew how much entertainment you are providing me with bro :drunk:

I'm not your bro, and two cockroaches mating would entertain you for days on end.

Instead of having a crack, then tell me how I am wrong.

I've lived in the bush for 45 out of my 50 years, and have a fair handle on things.

I grew up in a Asian houshold. Half my family lives in Asian. I am not as unfamiliar with immigration proceedures as you may think.

If you have the needed skills it really isn't that difficult to get into Australia. Trying to get people into Australia purely for family reasons is difficult though.

Not that difficult.

Ok Max. OK.

I'm not your bro, and two cockroaches mating would entertain you for days on end.

I've lived in the bush for 45 out of my 50 years, and have a fair handle on things.

Not that difficult.

Ok Max. OK.

It told you how it is. Plenty of my relatives have gotten in with just a few months wait (from Thailand too if your are wondering). Of course one is doing an engineering degree and the other a qualified chef.

Just a coincidence I suppose.

Not that difficult.

Ok Max. OK.
I've seen a good Iranian doc who was welcomed after her family had migrated years earlier cause shed got the skill needed.

It told you how it is. Plenty of my relatives have gotten in with just a few months wait (from Thailand too if your are wondering). Of course one is doing an engineering degree and the other a qualified chef.

Just a coincidence I suppose.

So,

1.) They have a family connection already.
2.) One is here to study...there is a major difference you know.
3.) A chef with family members already in Australia.

You fill my mind full of F*** if you think that this is the norm.

So,

1.) They have a family connection already.
2.) One is here to study...there is a major difference you know.
3.) A chef with family members already in Australia.

You fill my mind full of F*** if you think that this is the norm.

1.) Family connection does not mean much. You should know this already.
2.) Studying what?
3.) Just how many people are you trying to bring over? If its just one I suggest getting into contact with a local resturant and getting a job lined up and applying for a 457 visa. A sponsor makes it much easier.

1.) Family connection does not mean much. You should know this already.

Seriously Max, just f*** off already.

A family connection, who understands the system, the language, the way to dodge pitfalls in the process and has done it before means EVERYTHING!

Compare that with some skilled worker in butt-f*** Asia, ( or wherever), who has no contacts whatsoever, and get back to me.

You're just being a disingenuous plonker, as usual.

A family connection, who understands the system, the language, the way to dodge pitfalls in the process and has done it before means EVERYTHING!

Compare that with some skilled worker in butt-f*** Asia, ( or wherever), who has no contacts whatsoever, and get back to me.

I thought you meant purely family connections. Sorry for misinterepting.

But yes our connections with many local Thai resturants allows up to setup sponsorships very easily which is why I asked you to try it.

So you are abusing him because he has made a fair point. If you think people coming here like that playing the vsystem is dodgy then I guess you agree boat people who throw their documents overboard or those run away Vietnamese guys are dodgy too then???

I thought you meant purely family connections. Sorry for misinterepting.

But yes our connections with many local Thai resturants allows up to setup sponsorships very easily which is why I asked you to try it.

I don't need any help at all, but I am aware of many who do.

The point remains, (so that the thread stays on track), that rural Australia needs people, and there is no reason at all, with the right planning, financial support and entrepreneurial thinking, that this cannot be achieved.

So you are abusing him because he has made a fair point. If you think people coming here like that playing the vsystem is dodgy then I guess you agree boat people who throw their documents overboard or those run away Vietnamese guys are dodgy too then???

You're an obvious alias.

Come clean or continue to be ignored.

I can't compete with that bro but I did do 17 years shearing around WA and NZ and have a vague idea whats happening out in the bush.

two cockroaches mating??? Never really thought about it all that much.... I saw two goats ******* in the market place in Spain that kept me entertained for 10 minutes.

1.)
3.) Just how many people are you trying to bring over? If its just one I suggest getting into contact with a local resturant and getting a job lined up and applying for a 457 visa. A sponsor makes it much easier.
This is exactly why I hate 457 visas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back