Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turnbull is a gift to the live human traders. If he is made leader, Labor voters get a Labor PM for the remainder of this government’s lifetime and a guaranteed return to ALP government when the LNP base deserts it in numbers at the next election. Win win for the ALP, enabling the party to get on with the job it started with Rudd and Gillard, destroying this country through uncontrolled mass migration and a bankrupting fiscal policy.

This is just made up bullshit. Cut it out.

If Australia had open borders, the population of Australia would go from 25 million to hundreds of millions in a very short time span. How would you deal with that?
Abolish the welfare state and various land use protections for starters. Open borders would have to come at a cost of a number of other things.

It would be possible, though.

Turnbull is a gift to the live human traders. If he is made leader, Labor voters get a Labor PM for the remainder of this government’s lifetime and a guaranteed return to ALP government when the LNP base deserts it in numbers at the next election. Win win for the ALP, enabling the party to get on with the job it started with Rudd and Gillard, destroying this country through uncontrolled mass migration and a bankrupting fiscal policy.
I wouldn't be so sure about that Todman. Abbott is politically spent and Turnbull has a knack of being able too communicate with the bogans.

Had lunch with a mate today who spends a fair bit of time with a group Hazaara Afghani refugee youths who are in juvenile detention, however in detention they have access to school, training, work experience while their claims are being processed once status is confirmed they at least have some skill and experience to enable them to adapt to life in Australia where by and large is incredibly successful. If refugee status is declined they are sent back. I had not actually heard of these services being offered before, I don't think it was possible under TPV's however this is definately a positive program.

Mal, of course the ALP wants mass migration, particular skewed towards unskilled and non wasp entrants.

Why do you think Obama wants to reform immigration, because he loves Mexicans? Why do you think Blair was so keen on mass immigration?

It really isn't hard to understand

"destroying this country through uncontrolled mass migration"

That might be a bit over the top but they certainly were guilty of presiding over a passive invasion of boat people and if they happen to get back in office there's a fair chance that we'll see more of the same.
So your 'made up bullshit' claim is incorrect.

That might be a bit over the top but they certainly were guilty of presiding over a passive invasion of boat people and if they happen to get back in office there's a fair chance that we'll see more of the same.
Statistically small compared to the increase in migration under Howard government, not that it will stop the xenophobes inventing fantasies based on political party lines.

Did lol at 'passive invasion' though - I assume any chance of a rational discussion is minute with anyone that use that sort of language.

Mal, of course the ALP wants mass migration, particular skewed towards unskilled and non wasp entrants.

Why do you think Obama wants to reform immigration, because he loves Mexicans? Why do you think Blair was so keen on mass immigration?

It really isn't hard to understand

No, but your warped view of the world is hard to follow.

Do you love any one? Or just hate?

Statistically small compared to the increase in migration under Howard government, not that it will stop the xenophobes inventing fantasies based on political party lines.

Did lol at 'passive invasion' though - I assume any chance of a rational discussion is minute with anyone that use that sort of language.
A very appropriate description in view of what took place and the invasion would no doubt have continued had they stayed in office. Morrison is deserving of the highest praise for bringing it to a halt.

Dutton describe the boats issue under the ALP as a disgrace in Question Time, I wonder if he might want to go to the Italian Embassy and describe their response to the refugee problem as such. Christ, when the PM of Fuji is taking pot shots at your human rights record you know something must be wrong.

This government is getting very good at punishing the messengers:
First step: Discredit Triggs
Second step: Investigate whistleblowers
Lastly take the focus off the report content

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...ildren-whistleblowers-over-nauru-abuse-report
Guardian Australia has discovered the AFP has been asked by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to investigate Save the Children staff who anonymously wrote a submission to the commission’s inquiry, outlining cases of sexual and physical abuse of children, and acts of self-harm.

I am convinced that the only reason that Morrison rushed through legislation in December and putting Muir in an awkward position was due to the contents in the report and moved children out of detention so that the government could point out their achievements. Why else would you hold on to a report that was submitted in October and publicly released in February?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The country was not 'destroyed', there was no 'mass migration' and any migration that there actually was, wasn't 'uncontrolled' - with even those arriving via boats, being detained and subject to draconian laws, mandatory detention and forcible removal elsewhere.

There was literally nothing even remotely true in the original statement.

It was fictitious over-emotive hyperbolic s**t dribbling.

All depends on your perspective. I personally reckon Britain and many parts of Europe are stuffed as a direct result of mass uncontrolled migration (such as under Blair/or whats happening in Italy), something Australian Labor appears desperate to emulate. How else can you equate their complete inability to halt 6 years of carnage at sea, carnage that was immediately resolved with the change of government? IMO this policy disaster was far more sinister than simple than incompetence.

All depends on your perspective.

No, it does not depend on your perspective

Australia is not 'destroyed', and there was no 'uncontrolled mass migration'.

Your posts are always emotive, completely hyperbolic and almost invariably factually incorrect. At least other hyperbolic right wing nut-jobs like Bolt and Jones actually try to get their facts right and put together an actual reasoned argument.

You even went with the 'wont someone think of the children' argument the other day.

Dutton describe the boats issue under the ALP as a disgrace in Question Time, I wonder if he might want to go to the Italian Embassy and describe their response to the refugee problem as such. Christ, when the PM of Fuji is taking pot shots at your human rights record you know something must be wrong.

What an utterly ridiculous statement, what they do in Italy has nothing to do with him. BTW where is FUJI?

The country was not 'destroyed', there was no 'mass migration' and any migration that there actually was, wasn't 'uncontrolled' - with even those arriving via boats, being detained and subject to draconian laws, mandatory detention and forcible removal elsewhere.

There was literally nothing even remotely true in the original statement.

It was fictitious over-emotive hyperbolic s**t dribbling.

So who was controlling the departure of those on boats from where they left? No one, that's who. They only came into a controlled environment once they were detected, and they weren't ALL subject to draconian laws, and forcible removal elsewhere. That's just over emotive hyperbolic s**t dribbling.

Look at what I was responding to, the reference was 'deaths at sea'.
Don't derail the thread.
Your post was referring to Full Definition of CARNAGE, I just made it more definitive. I'm not in the habit of derailing threads I leave that to the regular culprits.

This government is getting very good at punishing the messengers:
First step: Discredit Triggs
Second step: Investigate whistleblowers
Lastly take the focus off the report content

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...ildren-whistleblowers-over-nauru-abuse-report
Guardian Australia has discovered the AFP has been asked by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to investigate Save the Children staff who anonymously wrote a submission to the commission’s inquiry, outlining cases of sexual and physical abuse of children, and acts of self-harm.

I am convinced that the only reason that Morrison rushed through legislation in December and putting Muir in an awkward position was due to the contents in the report and moved children out of detention so that the government could point out their achievements. Why else would you hold on to a report that was submitted in October and publicly released in February?

It's attitudes like the one currently in place in the Government that really wish we could have a new election.

The things to vote on:

1. Treating public officials and independent organisations with the respect they so richly deserve;
2. Ensuring that every policy we pursue complies with international law;
3. That we can have international respect, not be the laughing stock of the world as we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back