Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure did and we are still suffering the affects.:)
Only true owners are the Aborigines.
In fact most of those that first came were probably illegals.

As a descendant of the Warhaurong tribe, you remain in my country because I'm allowing you too. I wouldn't get to settled as I'm prone to change my mind.

I'm not usually one to post Twitter memes but this sums it up nicely.
CCISCm2UAAAUX97.jpg

Nicely sums up the contempt open borders advocates have for Australia and the people who reside here.

Wackos

Would love to see a policy from those that think they're not "ignorant racists" that doesn't result in 30,000 people a year coming here by boat.
I think that you may be missing the point of what some (like me) are saying here. It is not about immigration, the greater concerns are the treatment of those currently in detention.

Interesting that the PM described Iraq as a very dangerous place as he sends to troops over there in order to try to bolster his polling. It's not too dangerous to forcibly return asylum seekers to though is it Tone?

FFS Gough, you do yourself no favours.

I think that you may be missing the point of what some (like me) are saying here. It is not about immigration, the greater concerns are the treatment of those currently in detention.

No the real point that that both issues are linked. You can't just separate them and pretend the other does not exist.

A generous immigration system will act as an encouragement for more immigration. Amazingly enough people respond to incentives.

Good intentions don't equal good outcomes.

I get that. However, for me the point is about immigration, as we're discussing an immigration policy, which is designed to control unapproved immigration. The policy of locking people up for a bit works, until someone comes up with something else that works, it will continue to be policy.

I get that. However, for me the point is about immigration, as we're discussing an immigration policy, which is designed to control unapproved immigration. The policy of locking people up for a bit works, until someone comes up with something else that works, it will continue to be policy.
Maybe the government should also spend some time on the thousands that have over stayed their visas?
Locking people up who haven't committed a crime never works unless it is the afore mentioned.
Or the government can address the Moss and Triggs reports, that also works for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you think they are'nt?

Visa overstayers issue has virtually nothing whatever to do with asylum seekers since such a small % have cheated on their visa to apply for asylum.
This is just more bullshyte artistry from this poster who has no idea what she talks about.

Last edited:
Maybe the government should also spend some time on the thousands that have over stayed their visas?
Locking people up who haven't committed a crime never works unless it is the afore mentioned.
Or the government can address the Moss and Triggs reports, that also works for me.
You realise we do lock up people who overstay their visas? However, most are quick to volunteer to be on the first plane back home at their own expense.

Will be interesting if the mass migration from Africa into Europe continues unabated, the invading hordes are bringing Europe to it’s knees. Wouldn't it be a serious irony if a huge exodus of fleeing refugees from Europe pushes Australia, Canada, NZ, etc, back towards an overwhelmingly Anglo-Celtic population?

And the 8000 that lived were rescued, and will be treated like human beings, not human detritus, what's your point? The nature of the world at the moment means that people will be trying to flee trouble spots in even greater numbers. Is the Italian government to blame for these deaths? Your argument is weak, and dishonest.

You seem to wish to apply standards to other people that I very much doubt that you would live up to yourself. If your family was stuck in one of those refugee camps, and you were offered a way out, would you say no thanks I'll sit tight here amongst the poverty, and wait for the UN to come good, a process that might take years, or may never happen at all, or would you jump at the chance to perhaps offer your family a chance at some sort of decent existence?

You seem to wish to apply standards to other people that I very much doubt that you would live up to yourself. If your family was stuck in one of those refugee camps, and you were offered a way out, would you say no thanks I'll sit tight here amongst the poverty,

as usual another strawman.....as an immigrant I've never questioned the motive of other people to seek a better life.

If Europe wants to resettle refugees, select them directly from camps. When you have tens of millions of displaced people, this is the safest choice.

Allowing hundreds of thousand of people to jump on boats only leads to thousands of unnecessary deaths.

A generous immigration system will act as an encouragement for more immigration. Amazingly enough people respond to incentives.

I can remember Chief, he of unmatched wisdom linking to a Crikey article saying the last governments policy changes (ie ending TPV's etc) wouldn't affect arrival numbers.

Epic lulz. You didn't need to be a rocket science to figure out what would happen next.

http://www.themonthly.com.au/nation-reviewed-robert-manne-comment-asylum-seekers-2706
In the six years between the Tampa and the election of the Rudd government, the friends of the asylum seekers seemed incapable of thinking clearly about the meaning of what had occurred. It was one thing to condemn the Pacific Solution as immoral. It was an altogether different thing to pretend that Howard’s anti-asylum seeker deterrent barrier had not succeeded. The friends of the asylum seekers found it impossible to accept the main reason that asylum seeker boats had stopped coming to Australia, namely that no one was interested in paying people smugglers thousands of dollars for the privilege of languishing in misery in the hellhole on Nauru. This failure of intellectual honesty was not costless. By the third year of the Rudd government, there would be a heavy political price to pay.

And the 8000 that lived were rescued, and will be treated like human beings, not human detritus, what's your point? The nature of the world at the moment means that people will be trying to flee trouble spots in even greater numbers. Is the Italian government to blame for these deaths? Your argument is weak, and dishonest.

Let them eat cake cry the elite from their leafy suburbs not yet touched by the masses of non-integrated, unemployable, disaffected, and aggressive "new" members of Italian society!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back