Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, won't get anything from them, all they have is pictures and 'deaths at sea'.
Yep and they seem strangely uninterested in treatment people receive once they get here. A bit similar to their lack of interest in how people's lives are before they come here. ( you know, concern for the living!);)

Last edited:
Yep and they seem strangely uninterested in treatment people receive once they get here. A bit similar to their lack of interest in how people's lives are before they come here. ( you know, concern for the living!);)

Well if certain people have anything to do with it they wouldn't be alive in the first place, then they won't matter anymore right?

Who?
Which certain people would make sure they were dead?

The same ones who support policies that incentivize asylum seekers to take dangerous boat journeys. They know who they are. If you encourage desperate people to undertake dangerous journeys don't you think you would have to take at last some responsibility for the inevitable outcomes?

As for this topic I wish there was no abuses in custody but the fact is numbers in detention are falling. No answer is perfect but the current solution is actually working. Eventually we will have no one in detention (as under Howard) and people smugglers will be out of business.

Isn't that what everyone wants?

Can you think of some differences between the world now, and in 1999?

Can you think of a reason why a policy incentivizing boat arrivals on leaky boats won't lead to the same eventual deaths as happened under Rudd?

Who would ensure that our current asylum seekers, would be dead by now?

Suffice to say I have gone over this with Maggie, Romeoh for hundreds of posts. I am not going over the same ground with you.

As I take some responsibility for the outcomes of policies that I have (and continue to support) so should others take responsibility for the policies they supported (though they now deny).

Are the A/S on Nauru as muscle toned, neatly dressed and well fed looking as the "migrants" rocking over to Kos? Seems they've all had time too at the barber in Turkey before getting on the boats..

"Migrants"awaiting a free feed and their identity documents after arriving at Kos. Seems they are as forgetful about IDs as our people smuggled arrivals have been.
200 a day its said. 1400 a week, 5200 a month on one small Greek island.'

So... they're wealthy migrants... willing to risk their lives to travel all the way around the world to get on welfare?

That... doesnt make sense.

Are the A/S on Nauru as muscle toned, neatly dressed and well fed looking as the "migrants" rocking over to Kos? Seems they've all had time too at the barber in Turkey before getting on the boats.

"Migrants"awaiting a free feed and their identity documents after arriving at Kos. Seems they are as forgetful about IDs as our people smuggled arrivals have been.
200 a day its said. 1400 a week, 5200 a month on one small Greek island.'

and-now-i-have-a-heart-heart-tin-man-wizard-oz-demotivational-poster-1211582218.jpg

Looks like we have our first Royal Commission of the Shorten Labor Government.

I dint think so. If you want to follow the use of the RC for political mud slinging, then you'd go for the links between the LNP & crime gangs like the mafia. Also the dodgy political donations attached to Gument access & decisions of Gument. Its the dirty stuff you want. None of the namby pamby human rights stuff that Gument supporters dont care about & the ALP dont really want to know about.

The stuff 60 minutes flog, thats the level you go for. Any gutter stuff you can smear is where aBORT has taken the institution of the RC. So the ALP need to follow suite. They might as well dirty the institution properly.

Its been sullied & is cactus now anyway,

Interesting narrative guys. You know what no rich, comfortable person in safety has ever done? Risked their lives in order to become poverty stricken outcasts on the other side of the world.

Also good to see you're still happy with australia running gulags of intimidation, abuse and rape while refusing to allow any information to be dispersed about what our government is doing to people.

FS that requires putting yourself in the shoes of somebody - something our Guru is incapable of as she tut tuts the no nothing fanbois with the other pearl and twin set types at Leo's at Kew Junction. Supports a tunnel that does not effect her and hates "illegal migrants" she will never have to see or interact with

FS that requires putting yourself in the shoes of somebody - something our Guru is incapable of as she tut tuts the no nothing fanbois with the other pearl and twin set types at Leo's at Kew Junction. Supports a tunnel that does not effect her and hates "illegal migrants" she will never have to see or interact with
Just wish she would stop posting her holiday snaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the government still wont give details on dates of turnbacks, we can only go on the last 18 month period. Logic would say attempts are on the decline, but for the sake of argument lets go with the last 18 month period as an average going forward.

On current rate, in about 18 months time, the evil government would have turned back as many irregular maritime arrivals as drowned under the Lab/Green approach.

6 years v 3 years. 1200 deaths no turnbacks v no deaths and 1200 turnbacks on current projections.

A fine achievement.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-...inquiry-asylum-seekers-tortured-nauru/6699162
A spokesman for Immigration Minister Peter Dutton says claims by an Australian guard that asylum seekers at Nauru detention centre were water-boarded are "unsubstantiated" and the firm at the centre of the allegation strenuously denies the assertion.

The unnamed whistleblower, who works for Wilson Security, made the torture allegations in a submission to the parliamentary inquiry examining abuse at the centre.

He said asylum seekers were water-boarded and secured to metal frame beds that were thrown into the air so they crashed onto the floor.

In his submission the whistleblower also gave a detailed explanation of a technique called "zipping".

"This process occurs by using cable ties to secure an asylum seeker to a metal bed with metal bars at the base ... the bed is thrown into the air and injury caused to the asylum seeker as the bed strikes the floor," he said.

Wilson Security rejected the water-boarding and zipping claims and dismissed the submission as "inflammatory, incorrect and misleading" saying there was no evidence to support the allegations.

"There is not, and has never been, any suggestion that this has ever occurred - apart from this unparticularised and generalised claim," the company said in a submission to the inquiry.
It's Lord of the Flies stuff over there, but at least they're not (quite) drowning.

Last edited:
Guantamo Bay, Abu Ghraib, Naru... one of these places is not like the others.
Absolutely disgraceful, what exactly is the purpose of these facilities supposed to be again? But we're saving lives at sea and stuff. Unfortunately mainstream Australia has essentially given tacit support for such actions. Small minded and cowardly, that's us.

I call bullshit. Why would they bother? Wilson Security aren't assessing claims and have no reason to be interrogating anyone. I get the job ads may have attracted a few sadists, but for it to be done regularly there would have to be a reason.

Of course I may have to eat my words, but to spread this around and for people to believe it, is yet more evidence of how one-eyed the pro-Asylum Seeker side has gotten ever since Labor decided to also stop the boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back