Injury Swan out for month (was "... battling heel and wrist issues, Body all banged up")

Remove this Banner Ad

It's strange to me that the players have a 'frank discussion' with Swanny if he is injured. He may well be, but maybe there is an expectation that when he takes the field he needs to put in better efforts defensively and in terms of exertion even if he doesn't like playing forward.

In any case, we can't wait in my estimate for Swan to drop off then start blooding young players in the middle. I think Kennedy needs a full game if he's fit enough and to spend some time in the middle. He looked good to me when he was in there two weeks ago.

Also I think we underestimate Dwyer. That guy always sets up and makes good decisions.

Rockets injury update didn't mention Swan being injured. All year they have told us what they want us to hear. I hate the way Collingwood is being run at the moment. Things would want to get better, or talks of the demise of Buckley will soon become reality. Feel it is far too early yet, but another year of things that seem NQR and we could be going in the wrong direction before we know it.

Gee... a lot of medical people post in the forum. I used to work in a hospital for a couple of years but I didnt do any patient stuff.... does that mean I can have an opinion on this?

well it seems to me that not all injuries require surgery. A sore foot might need rest Presti had plantar fascitis which didnt allow him to run on the track. You can get injections for it but it doesnt cure it 100%. Running around in a game isnt going to be painful but wont do longterm damage.

Buckley's comments about Swan being professional etc would support the presence of an injury that causes pain but isnt fixed by missing games.

Kyle Martin Likes this!

MARTIN%20Kyle.png

Still no Gurantee to get a Game.

Good that the Club has finally shown that Swan has pretty much injured all season

It's strange to me that the players have a 'frank discussion' with Swanny if he is injured.
Players: Swanny, you've been playing hurt long enough, time to do something about it.
Swanny: She'll be right mate, with great power comes great responsibility.
Players: Yes but you're playing like s**t.
Swanny: Oh...
Players: And the season's stuffed anyway.
Swanny: Hmmm...

In some way I'm almost happy to hear that Swan's decline has been a result of poor form through injury as opposed to just getting older, losing motivation and losing his pace which has been evident this year in his inability to break open from the centre with pace or from stoppages. Now this truly means that this injury can explain his average form this year. It's a relief that an injury has hampered the great man as opposed to something else all together.

About time the club rests him up as opposed to continually playing him where his contribution is minimal. This should have happened a while ago. The club will claim he got hurt on Sunday, but it's pretty obvious that he's had persistent injury issues this year.

Hopefully Kyle Martin gets an upgrade sooner rather than later. It's criminal how he isn't on the senior list especially with our injury list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it confirms what we've all suspected that Swan is pretty badly injured.

It's the right call, because he has been hindering us in the last month with poor defensive efforts and not offering a lot offensively.

Kyle Martin to come in for sure. As does Broomhead

How would Martin come in would be a Sure Thing with Swan out?

IN: Reid, Martin, Keeffe, Dwyer, Broomhead
OUT: Swan, Maxwell, Adams, Ball, Blair

B: Langdon, Frost, Williams
HB: Lumumba, Keeffe, Toovey
C: Sidebottom, MacAffer, Martin
HF: Thomas, Cloke, Dwyer
F: Elliott, Reid, White

R: Witts, Pendlebury, Beams
I: Goldsack, White, Young, Broomhead

Not sure all these changes will happen. Players like Blair and Ball will be persevered with, as will Young because of a fear that too many young kids will have us lose to Adelaide. I had Young in the Out's and Fasolo in the Ins, but it just isn't going to happen. Fasolo they reckon needs more runs in the Twos so that probably saves Young. Maybe it saves Ball. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them play both.

In all of this, it looks like there is no guarantee's that Martin will play. Knowing Buckley, changes will be;

IN: Reid, Keeffe, Dwyer
OUT: Maxwell, Swan, Adams?

The mindset seems to of changed though, with Maxwell and Swan conceding weeks, and retiring.

It irks me about Martin that the club AGAIN seen him dominate, but doesn't include him in the best. Earlier in the year, he was never out of the best list. Now it is like they are trying to hide the obvious. It annoyed me that Rocca said he was surprised that Martin got a large possession number. It was at the time very dismissive.

It really is showing giving us supporters a message, that off field, he isn't worthy of a spot, because if that was Freeman that was getting those numbers, he would of played AFL. Martin doesn't seem the right fit for our side, and that could only be because of off field.

Funny how the name is very ironic. In the off season, we could of took a risk on Dustin Martin. Quite a few could of. Martin has not been reported to having any off field drama's, and would of been an absolute gift to us in the midfield. But we didn't do it. We thought our midfield could do with out him.

Kyle is much the same. Seems no one wants to give him a chance, and I just think he will let his football do the talking. Seems Buckley thinks if your not robotic and have no personality, you are not for us. I don't want our side to become robotic. Bucks loves Adams because he is robotic. So hence the ? for Adams, he will probably play again, and Dwyer won't.

If he doesn't pick Keeffe or Reid, I think that the Westpac Centre will be burnt to the ground.

I will predict something that is quite obvious, we will miss the finals, we will lose to Adelaide, we have three more wins, V WCE, V Brisbane, V GWS. So it really doesn't matter who we play. We are destined to peter out this year anyway.

I've had plantar fascia and it basically felt like a knife stabbing my heal everything I took a step, but didn't "prevent" me from doing anything besides the pain, which was quite bad. Only way to fix it was physio and rest. They can vary, but if that's like what Swanny has been battling, no wonder he's been struggling.

Glad they're resting him and letting him get it right.

My God! whos left on the list that isn't just returning from injury is injured or playing with a niggle??

I've had plantar fascia and it basically felt like a knife stabbing my heal everything I took a step, but didn't "prevent" me from doing anything besides the pain, which was quite bad. Only way to fix it was physio and rest. They can vary, but if that's like what Swanny has been battling, no wonder he's been struggling.

The pain was bad, but didn't prevent you from doing anything????? WHAT THE. Pain is only the small thing that stops everyone for doing things.

I had it too, in 2005 I made a come back to footy, after 2 years out, and got it straight away. I remember the coach gave me this crisscross green insert, and it got me through a game or two, and that was me done. Off again, not to return to footy until the following year for a different club.

I can understand that an injection can get you by for a while, but the damage would just keep getting bigger and bigger.

I just don't understand why they just didn't leav him out every couple of weeks, just to get things to heal a bit better than what it was healing in a couple of days, train, a couple of days train, and repeat again and again. Meanwhile the Broomheads, Martins, Kennedy's of the side, played two's.

I seen it always happen when I played, the stars of the side, always play through injury, and it stuffs them in the end. Often why these type players are spent by finals.

I believe the future is, players playing 13-15 games a season for all, and a better rotation system in place. Football is getting too tough to play 23 games and finals. No one should be doing it.

I've had it too and it warms up after you step out of bed but really you need rest. You develop that calcium spur under your heal because the body makes calcium to overcome a weakness in the muscle bridging the ball and heal.

I hope its not a result of his boots because I developed it with a s**t shoe that did not support my arch. I rested and got a gel inner and soon all was right.

Thanks for the info.

What I learned from this is that you just learned how to screen shot, it s a nice first effort and excellent googling work to figure it out.

Secondly I learnt that you like the Age but sometimes use the free ABC site a better way to go with news. Stick it in your faveurites and give that abysmal Caroline Wilson rag the ass.

You like Pinterest! Just a little less than you like the Age. Probably female or as BT might say.......

I learnt that a woman got hit by a cement truck and didn't die.

You are on weight watchers, keep shedding them pounds!

You are a facebooker.

You like Alice Henderson. Who the f** is Alice?
-Google theory number 1: You are interested in US real estate
- Google theory number 2: You are in to super natural novels.
-Google theory number 3: You are Alice Henderson... or stalking Alice Henderson http://www.starnow.com.au/alicehenderson4
Certainly just went high on my most visited sites just now.

I learnt a lot.

You forgot to mention that Alice Henderson should now Google how to crop a screen cap. In fact bresker here is the link so you can learn how crop a screen cap and keep private all those wonderful little insights into your life. https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080921161811AAH9S52

I've also pasted a cropped screen shot for you to admire Alice Henderson :D:drunk:

Attachments

• How to crop a screen shot.pdf
    277.1 KB · Views: 42
IN: Reid, Martin, Keeffe, Dwyer, Broomhead
OUT: Swan, Maxwell, Adams, Ball, Blair

B: Langdon, Frost, Williams
HB: Lumumba, Keeffe, Toovey
C: Sidebottom, MacAffer, Martin
HF: Thomas, Cloke, Dwyer
F: Elliott, Reid, White

R: Witts, Pendlebury, Beams
I: Goldsack, White, Young, Broomhead

Not sure all these changes will happen. Players like Blair and Ball will be persevered with, as will Young because of a fear that too many young kids will have us lose to Adelaide. I had Young in the Out's and Fasolo in the Ins, but it just isn't going to happen. Fasolo they reckon needs more runs in the Twos so that probably saves Young. Maybe it saves Ball. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them play both.

In all of this, it looks like there is no guarantee's that Martin will play. Knowing Buckley, changes will be;

IN: Reid, Keeffe, Dwyer
OUT: Maxwell, Swan, Adams?

The mindset seems to of changed though, with Maxwell and Swan conceding weeks, and retiring.

It irks me about Martin that the club AGAIN seen him dominate, but doesn't include him in the best. Earlier in the year, he was never out of the best list. Now it is like they are trying to hide the obvious. It annoyed me that Rocca said he was surprised that Martin got a large possession number. It was at the time very dismissive.

It really is showing giving us supporters a message, that off field, he isn't worthy of a spot, because if that was Freeman that was getting those numbers, he would of played AFL. Martin doesn't seem the right fit for our side, and that could only be because of off field.

Funny how the name is very ironic. In the off season, we could of took a risk on Dustin Martin. Quite a few could of. Martin has not been reported to having any off field drama's, and would of been an absolute gift to us in the midfield. But we didn't do it. We thought our midfield could do with out him.

Kyle is much the same. Seems no one wants to give him a chance, and I just think he will let his football do the talking. Seems Buckley thinks if your not robotic and have no personality, you are not for us. I don't want our side to become robotic. Bucks loves Adams because he is robotic. So hence the ? for Adams, he will probably play again, and Dwyer won't.

If he doesn't pick Keeffe or Reid, I think that the Westpac Centre will be burnt to the ground.

I will predict something that is quite obvious, we will miss the finals, we will lose to Adelaide, we have three more wins, V WCE, V Brisbane, V GWS. So it really doesn't matter who we play. We are destined to peter out this year anyway.
I really don't get posts like this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back