Preview Sydney vs Essendon, Sydney Cricket Ground, 1/08/2014 @ 7:50 PM

How many goals will Buddy kick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon aside, every Vic team is a pack of campaigners and they can all **** off. Interstate is a mixed bag.

If I had to pick a second Vic team it'd be the Dogs....
As far as interstate goes, * the old team, new teams get a pass...

*:
Swans
WCE
Lions
Crows

I don't mind the dogs

743134-peter-gordon.jpg

We are the ones who knock...

...on your door asking for money.

If in doubt, barrack for the Vic team.
No way.

Carlton, Hawthorn and North are individually worse than all of the interstate teams combined. I don't doubt with these teams unless it directly helps us in a significant way.

The only interstate side that I hate is West Coast, who are slighly ahead or on par with Collingwood.

Got a real soft spot for the dogs. Grew up in footscray and went to a school there, was even a member in primary school for 2 years as our school got free memberships from the club.

If there is one team outside of the bombers I would love to see win a flag, it would be footscray.
Yeah mate same.

I'm from the west (maribyrnong) originally also, a lot of croatians use to follow them, you got to love dougie hawkins.

Kind of wish the VFL didn't have a bye on the weekend just gone so we could have had chance to find out where a few players are currently situated at for form and fitness

The Listed AFL players have more than enough opportunity to press their case for inclusion. I prefer that the VFL/AFL teams have the bye on the same weekend.

I hate anyone team that is playing Essendon that particular week, doesn't matter who it is.

No second teams, Bombers all the way.

P.S Think we will lose a tight one Friday. Just want to see us back up the past month or so with a consistent performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive always had a theory that when teams go on big winning runs... one loss brings two.

- Carlton in 2000, followed up a 13-game winning streak with 3 losses on the bounce.

- Essendon lost to the Dogs in 2000 after 20 in a row, then almost coughed up the following game to lowly Collingwood.

- Geelong in 2009, lost to the Saints in that classic round 14 game after being 13-0 to start the season, then to Brisbane the following week.

- St Kilda began the same season 19-0 before going down to the Bombers and Roos in consecutive weeks.

They are examples off the top of my head and all happened to very competent football teams. I like your thinking HM :thumbsu:

I didn't say i LOVE the dogs, said i don't mind the dogs.

You tell me a team you would prefer?

Port, Freo, Brisbane, Adelaide, GWS, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Geelong (just).

ive always had a theory that when teams go on big winning runs... one loss brings two.

Agreed, I think it's a mental thing. Lose a bit of confidence and remember losing as a viable option. Sydney are as well drilled as you can get though and we will still have to bring our A game regardless to win even if they are flat.

I hate anyone team that is playing Essendon that particular week, doesn't matter who it is.

No second teams, Bombers all the way.

P.S Think we will lose a tight one Friday. Just want to see us back up the past month or so with a consistent performance.

That's the comment of a real one eyed supporter, in the same vein as myself.

We have put some doubt in their heads, so I think you guys can win this one. Good luck!

Can't afford to carry the likes of Howlett and Jerrett. Would prefer Jerrett over Howlett due to his run and is a good hit-up target on the flanks for our backline.

Kav, O'Brien or Melksham to replace Howlett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back