Analysis Sydney's depth - an analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

What sort of size is allir? Is he a genuine kpd? I was impressed by his footage in the juniors. Seems to read the play well given his limited exp.
196cm 91kg when drafted ( Google search ) , would think he has put on weight since then ( club has him listed at 194cm ).
XR , 196cm , 93Kg start of 2014.

What sort of size is allir? Is he a genuine kpd? I was impressed by his footage in the juniors. Seems to read the play well given his limited exp.

Yes Aliir is a genuine KPD at 194cm & 91 kg (probably more now he has been on the weights program for a year).

So whats Allir Allir biggest hurdle to overcome to make it?

General skills/reading the play?

He has only been on the list for a year and had a dislocated shoulder that turned out worse than expected needing surgery. Season gone at the halfway mark. So we only got to see for half the season but what I saw was very good. I like his athleticism and his uncanny reach. You think he is out of the contest and then suddenly he is there and either marking or punching the ball away. He reads the play very well. His skills are very good and he is like a panther or other big cat in his movement. He is normally a very good deliverer of the ball but decision making can be a problem sometimes. The thing is he seems to be able to clean up his own mess most times. Big men normally take a few seasons to develop but I think this bloke will be pushing for senior selection in 2015.

He has only been on the list for a year and had a dislocated shoulder that turned out worse than expected needing surgery. Season gone at the halfway mark. So we only got to see for half the season but what I saw was very good. I like his athleticism and his uncanny reach. You think he is out of the contest and then suddenly he is there and either marking or punching the ball away. He reads the play very well. His skills are very good and he is like a panther or other big cat in his movement. He is normally a very good deliverer of the ball but decision making can be a problem sometimes. The thing is he seems to be able to clean up his own mess most times. Big men normally take a few seasons to develop but I think this bloke will be pushing for senior selection in 2015.
He seems like a ripper bloke aswell and is genuinely over the moon to be at the swans. Really hope he can taste some senior action soon

Really think we will see some players take another step this year and some really emerge.

Rampe and rohan are 2 that I can see taking another step. Rohan looked better and better the more he played and was nothing short of devestating against north in the prelim.

Rampe was good again this year and his foot skills improved dramatically. U dare say he would be pound for pound the strongest player at club and was near impossible to drag down last year. I'd like to see him play mal's role.

Jones is one I think can really emerge. Played a handful of games last year and fitter straight into the side. Hard as nails and very calm under pressure. Barring injury , he could cement a spot this year.

Tom Mitchell ...we all know how good he is. If fit will be best 22 and top 8 b and f

Tom Mitchell ...we all know how good he is. If fit will be best 22 and top 8 b and f
He was fully, utterly fit at the end of the season - enough to lay more tackles in a game than any of our midfielders did in a game all year, and win best on ground in the reserves grand final.

He was fully, utterly fit at the end of the season - enough to lay more tackles in a game than any of our midfielders did in a game all year, and win best on ground in the reserves grand final.
At that stage of the season I think horse may have wanted to keep the side as close to the structure he had all year.

A losing Grand Final at that.....and the tackle count thing happened in a game we lost.

No patten there.....:drunk:
I've got no problem if you want to say he's a bad player or played poorly in those games - but he was definitely fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping they would play him in the AFL GF. I saw Shaw as a really big weak link and so did Hawks.

A losing Grand Final at that.....and the tackle count thing happened in a game we lost.

No patten there.....:drunk:

A game the reserves lost by 2 points Robbie not 60. A last minute suspect free kick won the game. The Twos also could only play 14 listed players. The opposition boasted more than that in ex AFL or Ex listed AFL players alone. They also boasted players who had been the top goalkicker in the NEAFL, the B&F in NEAFL & Queensland leagues. They are too good a side to be playing with only 14 listed. Mitchell was wonderful and should have played in the AFL GF.

A game the reserves lost by 2 points Robbie not 60. A last minute suspect free kick won the game. The Twos also could only play 14 listed players. The opposition boasted more than that in ex AFL or Ex listed AFL players alone. They also boasted players who had been the top goalkicker in the NEAFL, the B&F in NEAFL & Queensland leagues. They are too good a side to be playing with only 14 listed. Mitchell was wonderful and should have played in the AFL GF.

You don't get sarcasm do you?

Named my SC team The Allir Allir Allirs and was disappointed he didn't even make the 22 last season :(

Hopefully he'll come good to replace Ted down the track, his U18 performances were solid.

I rewatched the first two quarters of the Grand Final.
Hawthorn got a jump - but we did fight back. They got a number of lucky goals - Tippo's look away handball, Rohan's kickout - plus some Stevic 'luck". At 40 points down halftime, big ask to come back.
McEvoy cocked his elbow with Jetta - it was a pretty serious contact.
From there, they had their tails up and didn't look back.
The game was an aberration - and it serves absolutely no purpose to do a Richmond or Demons' approach and try to insult our players and accuse them of lack of heart.

There will be a huge will to win next year to make up for the GF. This preseason will drag longer than most - but at least we have the AFL trade fraud to keep us occupied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back