Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a big thanks to everyone's favourite inebriated pseudo-journalist, Robbo, for providing today's lulz.

For those who missed it, Robbo claims that *Hirdy helped write the *Reid letter to *Hirdy.

Leading to this piece of gold from teknodeejay on the HTB.....

Hang on NOT SURE IF SERIOUS!!!!!

There are literally no winners from this. Not even us because the sport of Aussie Rules will have the piss taken out of it forever.

Won't happen.

The AFL looks down on all sporting leagues around the globe.

They are insignificant.

The murky behind-the-scenes battle to discredit the AFL and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority continues, with a leaked affidavit of an AFL investigator suggesting there was a "joint investigation" with the anti-doping body.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ombers-case-20140711-zt4k5.html#ixzz378nG0TrI

Has anyone else (other than me) read ASADA's defence in the Fed Court case (it was issued today)?

It basically says "yeah, we conducted a joint investigation with the AFL. So what?"

The whole joint investigation issue was a red herring from the start.

Come on * players, man up and tell your *club and your *coach to drop this stupid court case and get on with dealing with the show cause notices.

Has anyone else (other than me) read ASADA's defence in the Fed Court case (it was issued today)?

It basically says "yeah, we conducted a joint investigation with the AFL. So what?"

Come on * players, man up and tell your *club and your *coach to drop this stupid court case and get on with dealing with the show cause notices.
#standbyhird*

The whole court action by * and *hird is nothing more than a PR stunt to appeal to the *donialists.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The whole court action by * and *hird is nothing more than a PR stunt to appeal to the *donialists.

And to try to convince the "Court of Public Opinion", just as *lance (*i tought *them all *they know down *there at *essendon) *armstrong tried to do.

Worked really well for *sir *lancelot didn't it.

That's because the ASADA act grants ASADA the power to do WHATEVER IT TAKES* to ensure the WADA drug code is adhered to.

*actual wording may differ in government legislation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The court case is just there to drag it out to seasons end. Wouldn't be surprised if behind closed doors its AFL supported. This will allow 6 month bans given in AUG to take effect from SEP to MAR having no impact on either 2014 or 2015 games or TV deals.

The AFL is still trying to drive the bus so they get the best outcome for themselves and the "competition". There isn't a moral fiber in the joint, it's all about $$$.

If * happen to make the finals AFL will strip them of points because of the guilty verdicts.
* won't be able to have a club preseason but the players* won't miss any games.

I'm hoping AFL will still slug * with more draft penalties.

The court case is just there to drag it out to seasons end. Wouldn't be surprised if behind closed doors its AFL supported. This will allow 6 month bans given in AUG to take effect from SEP to MAR having no impact on either 2014 or 2015 games or TV deals.

The AFL is still trying to drive the bus so they get the best outcome for themselves and the "competition". There isn't a moral fiber in the joint, it's all about $$$.

If * happen to make the finals AFL will strip them of points because of the guilty verdicts.
* won't be able to have a club preseason but the players* won't miss any games.

I'm hoping AFL will still slug * with more draft penalties.
I'd be extremely surprised if 6 months bans are on the table - players would have to roll over on the organisers but they seem to be sticking fat.

Also, I don't think WADA would wear 6 months out of competition as a sentence, they'd be straight to the CAS.

I'd be extremely surprised if 6 months bans are on the table - players would have to roll over on the organisers but they seem to be sticking fat.

Also, I don't think WADA would wear 6 months out of competition as a sentence, they'd be straight to the CAS.

I hope so but I don't trust the AFL. They have their grubby fingers in there and I wouldn't be surprised if players do roll over at the right time for the AFL.

Yaco55 in fine form. Chicks, presumably excluding Tania, ain't bright enough to understand all this Secret Men's Injecting Business

Rebecca Wilson has no idea - Unfortunately the women journalists reporting on this saga have hardly done themselves any justice.

Yaco55 in fine form. Chicks, presumably excluding Tania, ain't bright enough to understand all this Secret Men's Injecting Business

Rebecca Wilson has no idea - Unfortunately the women journalists reporting on this saga have hardly done themselves any justice.

It's complicated. Too complicated for us.

It's complicated. Too complicated for us.

Of course it is. I mean some women are just the mothers of some of *those *boys who were jabbed with potentially health impacting substances by those *experimentators (sorry but it is a good word for *them) down *there at the *essendon fc. Why would they bother to understand the intricacies? :rolleyes:

They're beating Collingwood right now, which is excellent for us.

It does however present the unenviable dilemma that you kind of have to support *essendon. I'm torn.

Sorry FG. I can't do that. I just want the Pies to win by one point, which does nothing for their percentage and inflicts a bit more pain on *essendon.

BTW, I know we aren't supposed to take mods to task, but I felt in the sanctity of this thread we do need to keep spelling *essendon correctly as *essendon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back