Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gws bloke on the htb who is an *alias.

He does a pretty solid job of keeping me from bothering about posting in the HTB. Like that Barkly Street End guy before him.

To be fair, he's not alone in making that place the Bigfooty equivalent of the Springfield Mystery Spot

latest

I spent quite a bit of time arguing with Port fans that they had a snowballs chance in hell of getting compensation from Essendon if suspensions occurred.....

Why a snowballs chance?

If Port Adelaide took a player with no knowledge of rampant performance enhancing drug abuse was going on at his previous *club, and the player misses out on games due to suspension, why wouldn't Port have a strong case to request compensation from *essendon?

I can agree that there will be no compensation in terms of player trades/etc, but at the very least I could see Port having his contract paid for by *essendon.

Got him on ignore, he kept trying to chase me out of the * board before last elimination final, me, Doss and even rines* were talking about footy, he kept dragging my sympathy posts to derail the thread and even Lance* went into bat for me and Maddam being there*.
I had similar issues with him not wanting to talk about footy then too.

And he was the * Poster of the year... Plonker of the year is far more fitting.

Why a snowballs chance?

If Port Adelaide took a player with no knowledge of rampant performance enhancing drug abuse was going on at his previous *club, and the player misses out on games due to suspension, why wouldn't Port have a strong case to request compensation from *essendon?

I can agree that there will be no compensation in terms of player trades/etc, but at the very least I could see Port having his contract paid for by *essendon.
So scandal hadn't broken when they took Ryder?

I had similar issues with him not wanting to talk about footy then too.

And he was the * Poster of the year... Plonker of the year is far more fitting.
Underrated word is Plonker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well ****. There goes my Saturday plans.

*EDIT* yes it is. Crisis averted.
So its going to be on Fox Jade? I went through the TV guide and saw nothing not even a replay.. Yeah either way i cant see u being to Bothered in watching...

So its going to be on Fox Jade? I went through the TV guide and saw nothing not even a replay.. Yeah either way i cant see u being to Bothered in watching...

AFL site says it is. Thats what I was looking at.

Why a snowballs chance?

Highlighted area I agree but this only relates to Monfries. Ryder the other hand they've got no chance.

Ok everyone I have a question and its to you all but I guess Jade is probably the best one to answer it.

Why is it when I talk to * fans, or read the point of view of * people (on the *board mostly) the over riding feeling is that they want the evidence that does exist and the people that do know what happed to disappear? They want this to go away! They want this to be written off as a bogus investigation! They want the truth hidden as long as the players are free to play!

I would hope that if this happened at our club, we would handle it differently. I would hope that we would do everything to find out what happened, who did wrong, what the players took (were given) what risk have the players been exposed to.
Importantly those that brought this scourge on my club to be punished, to be brought to justice and to be scorned in public forever. Take the punishment and move on. Would the rep of the club be tarnished? Absolutely! Would it recover? Maybe yes, maybe no. But at least the right thing will have been done!

If just one player gets sick, or has future issues because of this program the club will be forever seen as a disgrace WORLDWIDE! The fact that the club has openly stated that "we don't know exactly what the players were given" blows me away! This disgrace of a club NEEDS to take its medicine, and hat in hand apologize to its players, it's sponsors, it's members, and to this league!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back