Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant idea. Wish I'd thought of this while I still lived in the 'burbs.
had to take into account the path of the sun because I'd hate for 'not' to become weathered.

We'd both end up in fashardasin's basement.

Perhaps we would start a 'sympathy watch'. If you don't hear from a certain north board member after a while alert either blackshadow, maddadam, nate7 or wild bill and they'll look into it.

On a more serious note, I think we have to give thanks for this sympathy thread.

Given the seriousness of the situation, it's good to try to inject some humour.

I mean, Dons supporters right now are probably in a dark, Dank place, or so I've Hird.

Evanso, I think having a stab at them on the internet with whatever Weapon we can will hopefully lighten the Asaga for them a bit.

Unless people don't think they should be needled about it, or whether it's really vial-able to bother?

Opinions? Does anyone think they were Spiked deliberately? Will Asada possibly Reimer them a new one?

Last edited:

Because of threats to my health I've already taken the appropriate action (painted the roof). I feel with this technique I am untraceable. Also has the added bonus of potentially harming a neighbour I don't like.

View attachment 93454

Why can't Phillyroo use a version of this clever tactic when he reports from training? :cool:. No way No Bull would ever find him.

Time to tick off another milestone... 700 glorious pages of sympathy for *drug *cheats.

A quick check of the scoreboard shows this is as second fastest 100 of the innings (ironically due in no small part to some * tosspot who keeps coming here to tell us to "wait and see"):

1-100 pages - 114 days
101-200 pages - 71 days
201-300 pages - 52 days
301-400 pages - 167 days (too much North stuff going on during the off-season)
401-500 pages - 93 days
501-600 pages - 94 days
601-700 pages - 62 days
Great work Jay Z so for the fastest 100 in 52 balls or under... A few balls over the fence will be needed..

Great work Jay Z so for the fastest 100 in 52 balls or under... A few balls over the fence will be needed..
Well the fastest hundred so far was (not surprisingly) around the time the AFL charge sheet was published. When the * hearing finally happens (especially if it's made public), I have no doubt we'll give that a shake

By far one of the funniest running jokes from those wacky kids over on the * board has been their forever ping-ponging sentiments over the character of Dank and Charter, with particular regards to the veracity of their (public) comments and the worthiness of their testimonies.

Hilarious stuff, and without a blink of self-awareness.

And all the while missing the delicious irony of why the **** these people were involved in their club's activities in the first place. While simultaneously avoiding the subject of the depth of their association with one *Golden Balls Esq.

It's a bizarre and highly amusing mental juggling act. Makes me wish I studied psychology at uni.

On a more serious note, I think we have to give thanks for this sympathy thread.

Given the seriousness of the situation, it's good to try to inject some humour.

I mean, Dons supporters right now are probably in a dark, Dank place, or so I've Hird.

Evanso, I think having a stab at them on the internet with whatever Weapon we can will hopefully lighten the Asaga for them a bit.

Unless people don't think they should be needled about it, or whether it's really vial-able to bother?

Opinions? Does anyone think they were Spiked deliberately? Will Asada possibly Reimer them a new one?
They've got Little chance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's a bizarre and highly amusing mental juggling act. Makes me wish I studied psychology at uni.

I know there's an Iron Cross law of the Internet about mentioning Nazis, and I know those Downfall videos are so passe, but there's something truly majestic about rines' cycle (so to speak) being played out again and again.

First the screechy patronising tone of "Ha, no way will <insert governance charges, SCs, infractions> ever come to pass because blah blah blah"

Then when they do the immediate change in tone to "This is a great development, it allows the club and James the opportunity its been waiting for to clear its name". It really does remind me of Hitler in the bunker dismissing news of dual Soviet and US advances on his border and insisting a new rocket powered, monkey piloted wunderwaffen will save the day.

I don't want to get all book learning and s**t, but the only opportunity the club and James are going to get to show real contrition and perhaps learn from this whole sorry episode is detailed at great length in the tome Crime and Punishmentnesses by Zondor's greatgrandcousin Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Interestingly, there's an Essendon supporter who goes by the name of the main character in that who appears to have the intelligence of cat that has been run over, but I digress.

I know there's an Iron Cross law of the Internet about mentioning Nazis, and I know those Downfall videos are so passe, but there's something truly majestic about rines' cycle (so to speak) being played out again and again.

First the screechy patronising tone of "Ha, no way will <insert governance charges, SCs, infractions> ever come to pass because blah blah blah"

Then when they do the immediate change in tone to "This is a great development, it allows the club and James the opportunity its been waiting for to clear its name". It really does remind me of Hitler in the bunker dismissing news of dual Soviet and US advances on his border and insisting a new rocket powered, monkey piloted wunderwaffen will save the day.

I don't want to get all book learning and s**t, but the only opportunity the club and James are going to get to show real contrition and perhaps learn from this whole sorry episode is detailed at great length in the tome Crime and Punishmentnesses by Zondor's greatgrandcousin Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Interestingly, there's an Essendon supporter who goes by the name of the main character in that who appears to have the intelligence of cat that has been run over, but I digress.

On a sidenote, we have so much to discuss about wunderwaffen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a sidenote, we have so much to discuss about wunderwaffen.
Like this little beauty of a red and black bomber*.

3063376615_50fc02e32c_m.jpg

That was almost as bad as that guy who wrote a song about "jimmy" on YouTube
I laughed at how bad it was, the North Melbourne one is pretty funny. Downfall is a top movie too on its own, worth a watch.

I believe *Essenscum are close to announcing their new sports scientist who will be working as a consultant...

Devin Stank

Apparently he has extensive experience with afl and nrl clubs. Whilst *Essenscum say they've never heard of him he does however sound familiar so they are willing to take his word for it.

I believe *Essenscum are close to announcing their new sports scientist who will be working as a consultant...

Devin Stank

Apparently he has extensive experience with afl and nrl clubs. Whilst *Essenscum say they've never heard of him he does however sound familiar so they are willing to take his word for it.

Mark McVeigh will vouch for him, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back