Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Belfast and when the verdict is delivered, as befits the ancient rivalry between the Masonic Hun scum and our Irish Catholic boys, I shall go to the former Provisional IRA POWs drinking club and consume a great many pints of Guinness.

A great many.

tumblr_mfcxahiqjK1rw60bko1_500.jpg

(That's me on the right.)

Yes, buck the **** up, people! Less than 12 hours until the asterisk becomes an official and permanent fixture.

That's my prediction, btw. Guilty verdict with soft-**** bans. The extended remix of "Dank went rogue/players were duped" to go into heavy rotation. 'The Mentality' to keep his job.

But I'm not sweating the details. As it has already done on a number of occasions, this saga has produced a scenario where there really is no 'bad' outcome, just different shades of 'good'. Guilty would be ideal, obviously. Not particularly invested in the length of the bans. I'm all about that asterisk.

(insert handitbackjobe.gif)

And in the unlikely event that a not guilty verdict is handed down, sympathisers like you and I still walk away winners. For two years, we've had the pleasure of seeing these hapless schmucks hammered by all in Sunbury. Twenty-four long months of laughter and tears (of laughter), watching their supporters be-Little-d by their own *club while they happily chug back the Kool-Aid and #standbyhird. And nothing has surpassed the sheer amusement of *essendon's relentlessly ham-fisted attempts at obfuscation, in conjunction with *hirdy's ridiculous hay-maker legal proceedings. Although witnessing them getting turfed from finals comes pretty close.

All that...only to be found not guilty?

Far from a disappointment, that s**t is downright hilarious. Kind of like the ultimate punchline.

Yes, buck the **** up, people! Less than 12 hours until the asterisk becomes an official and permanent fixture.

That's my prediction, btw. Guilty verdict with soft-**** bans. The extended remix of "Dank went rogue/players were duped" to go into heavy rotation. 'The Mentality' to keep his job.

But I'm not sweating the details. As it has already done on a number of occasions, this saga has produced a scenario where there really is no 'bad' outcome, just different shades of 'good'. Guilty would be ideal, obviously. Not particularly invested in the length of the bans. I'm all about that asterisk.

And in the unlikely event that a not guilty verdict is handed down, sympathisers like you and I still walk away winners. For two years, we've had the pleasure of seeing these hapless schmucks hammered by all in Sunbury. Twenty-four long months of laughter and tears (of laughter), watching their supporters be-Little-d by their own *club while they happily chug back the Kool-Aid and #standbyhird. And nothing has surpassed the sheer amusement of *essendon's relentlessly ham-fisted attempts at obfuscation, in conjunction with *hirdy's ridiculous hay-maker legal proceedings. Although witnessing them getting turfed from finals comes pretty close.

Far from a disappointment, that s**t is downright hilarious. Kind of like the ultimate punchline.
Spot on - no matter what happens today we will always laugh at them.

Geeeeeeeeeee it's nice to wake up knowing that today is the day!!!
If they say "not Guilty" I like most of us will be disappointed, and the wording will be crucial. Insufficient evidence opens an ugly door to other clubs/individuals to keep no records (it hide/destroy these records) and claim ignorance. If it is straight not guilty then an appeal from WADA/ASADA seems likely, and another min 6 months will raise the levels of hilarity... If it is guilty it's time to celebrate!!!

I hope they get at least 7 weeks, so we can post a record winning margin against their hapless VFL team.

Perfectly put. It's like being 12 goals up at 3 quarter time, and the only thing remaining is to see whether we win by a hundred or more or just settle for a thumping win. :thumbsu:

Perfectly put. It's like being 12 goals up at 3 quarter time, and the only thing remaining is to see whether we win by a hundred or more or just settle for a thumping win. :thumbsu:

I preparing to be very sympathetic - we need a reason to keep this magnificent jewel of a thread going

My brothers and sisters, today is the day, it is judgement day, the day we have all aspired to for so very long. Today marks the day when the filth that is * is exposed for what they* really are, a pack of selfish, lying and arrogant drug cheats*. May they* forever be branded with the * for eternity. May we unite with our Hawk and Carlton sisters and brothers in celebrating the beginning of the end of *. It has been a long road, * have cheated for so long, tried to destroy our club so many years ago by stealing our players, denying us entry to the VFL, North's birthright during this era, salary cap cheating by *, the list goes on and on. We here at North unite in the face of this accursed foe*, not a rival, but a force of evil*, that must be driven from this land to be cleansed. Judgement day is upon us, we must drive the stake home, right into the very heart of *, so that they* may never stain this great sport of ours no longer, ruining off-seasons and over-shadowing AFL seasons, but there is one consolidation my brethren. This grand thread, this (certified) legendary thread of sympathy for all * has been a beautiful spectacle of melts, tears, laughter and of course, heart felt sympathy for *.

Today is the day, my brothers and sisters, today is the day that * are not only once more revealed as cheats, but drug cheats*. forever they will be tarnished with the * after 2:30 today.

HEIL HIRD*.

(And thank you Hird* for dragging your* club* into the abyss*, you selfish knob jockey).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brothers and sisters, today is the day, it is judgement day, the day we have all aspired to for so very long. Today marks the day when the filth that is * is exposed for what they* really are, a pack of selfish, lying and arrogant drug cheats*. May they* forever be branded with the * for eternity. May we unite with our Hawk and Carlton sisters and brothers in celebrating the beginning of the end of *. It has been a long road, * have cheated for so long, tried to destroy our club so many years ago by stealing our players, denying us entry to the VFL, North's birthright during this team, salary cap cheating by *, the list goes on and on. We here at North unite in the face of this accursed foe*, not a rival, but a force of evil*, that must be driven from this land to be cleansed, judgement day is upon us, we must drive the stake home, right into the very heart of *, so that they* may never stain this great sport of ours no longer, ruining off-seasons and over-shadowing AFL seasons, but there is one consolidation my brethren. This grand thread, this (certified) legendary thread of sympathy for all * has been a beautiful spectacle of melts, tears, laughter and of course heart felt sympathy for *.

Today is the day, my brothers and sisters, today is the day that * are not only once more revealed as cheats, but drug cheats*. forever they will be tarnished with the * after 2:30 today.

HEIL HIRD*.

(And thank you Hird* for dragging your* club* into the abyss*, you selfish knob jockey).
Just amazing!!! Well done!

I hope they get at least 7 weeks, so we can post a record winning margin against their hapless VFL team.
I hope *they get five weeks so *they're back in time to get crushed by the Purple Haze on a hard track in Perth and then have to back up against us on Friday Night Football, physically and psychologically spent, coming off a six-day break including a return trip from WA. As part of the pre-game entertainment, *jobe can present his Brownlow to the rightful winners, Mitchell and Cotchin. And then we flog *their full AFL list by a record margin.

I hope *they get five weeks so *they're back in time to get crushed by the Purple Haze on a hard track in Perth and then have to back up against us on Friday Night Football, physically and psychologically spent, coming off a six-day break including a return trip from WA. As part of the pre-game entertainment, *jobe can present his Brownlow to the rightful winners, Mitchell and Cotchin. And then we flog *their full AFL list by a record margin.
I'm hoping the club* gets fully banned, all well, 2 years will do.

I reckon its likely that they will get off for lack of sufficient individual evidence but think it just as likely that Dank will get a life ban for injecting the players.

This means that despite there being no bans everyone knows that the players were doped by a club sanctioned program. Its a no lose situation really.

Whatever happens we will always have this wonderful thread to remind us just how up its own ******* a-hole that contemptible *club really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back