Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is no longer in our best 23. Injury plagued and slow. I’d be more sentimental if he was a one club player, but he isn’t.
He is currently best 23. Injury was the only reason he didn’t play in the GF.

What makes you think he suddenly won’t be in 2024? Contested ball winning was what we lacked and it’s what he brought. Top 5 in the league for goal assists.

Worked well with Mitchell. Would be one of the first picked each week and I can’t see anything that would suggest otherwise. He is 30. Easily has another 2-3 years in him.

He's not a very important player. He's a solid inside midfielder, that's probably the easier position to replace. He's like our 6th best midfield let's be real.
But he has been playing half forward with some fewer minutes playing midfield since Mitchell came along.

That guy from Champion Data made special mention of Adams after the 1st final against Melbourne with his extraordinary contested numbers in the 40 minute period we dominated Melbourne which set up the win.

Top 5 assists in the game actually has an element of significance.

But he has been playing half forward with some fewer minutes playing midfield since Mitchell came along.

That guy from Champion Data made special mention of Adams after the 1st final against Melbourne with his extraordinary contested numbers in the 40 minute period we dominated Melbourne which set up the win.

Top 5 assists in the game actually has an element of significance.

And why was he pushed out of the midfield? Because he's like our 6th/7th best midfielder... So he is very replaceable

He's not a very important player. He's a solid inside midfielder, that's probably the easier position to replace. He's like our 6th best midfield let's be real.
Led us in goal assists & 3rd in score involvements, whilst kicking 13 goals himself. His value did not come in his midfield time this season, that was more a bonus. But, even then - 3rd in tackles (really 2nd, excluding Macrae), 3rd in tackles I50 (again, 2nd if excluding Macrae), and one of our better contested ball winners.

Not so easy

Led us in goal assists & 3rd in score involvements, whilst kicking 13 goals himself. His value did not come in his midfield time this season, that was more a bonus. But, even then - 3rd in tackles (really 2nd, excluding Macrae), 3rd in tackles I50 (again, 2nd if excluding Macrae), and one of our better contested ball winners.

Not so easy

He sounds like a superstar, how high did he finish in the BnF?

I would have thought he’d get more votes
I think the club want him to stay but won’t do anything to keep him. Such as extending his contract. If he decides to leave I think the club will accept a second round pick.

We had such a fantastic season, and Taylor Adams was a consistent and often important part of that.

Only the slightest of hamstring strains has kept him from being a Collingwood premiership player.

Player trading is what it is. It operates according to it's own cut-throat rationale, and we'll all accept and move on from whatever happens next.

But the easy dismissal of Adams by some supporters is shitful. However 'disposable' or 'replaceable' you might think he is, that isn't an excuse to diminish the role he has played --and so far continues to play-- in the club.

We had such a fantastic season, and Taylor Adams was a consistent and often important part of that.

Only the slightest of hamstring strains has kept him from being a Collingwood premiership player.

Player trading is what it is. It operates according to it's own cut-throat rationale, and we'll all accept and move on from whatever happens next.

But the easy dismissal of Adams by some supporters is shitful. However 'disposable' or 'replaceable' you might think he is, that isn't an excuse to diminish the role he has played --and so far continues to play-- in the club.

Nobody is bagging him out but it’s true that he’s been squeezed out of midfield rotations this year and he’s spent a lot of time forward which is not where he’s best suited. Wouldn’t get too upset by the adjectives people use.

I would have thought he’d get more votes
I think the club want him to stay but won’t do anything to keep him. Such as extending his contract. If he decides to leave I think the club will accept a second round pick.
I would want assurance the pick is at least 25-30 in the draft as the giants accepted a 2nd from us for Bobby and will get around pick 40

He has a contract with the reigning premiers. Excellent chance to finish with a flag or two. This group is not done, if he walks it will be a mistake.
He’s 30 jmac. As much as we as supporters view it as a game, it’s his career. He’s got a family, future to think of. If syd offer him more than we are, who are we to begrudge him. This is likely his last contact.

I want him to stay, but he’s bled for this club, and won’t begrudge anyone planning their future. Lot more to it than simply chance to win a flag.

We mightn’t have won if he had played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little like dismissing Hill during the season….

And why was he pushed out of the midfield? Because he's like our 6th/7th best midfielder... So he is very replaceable
No shame in being rated behind Mitchell for a specific role. Do you think every midfielder plays the same role?? Why don’t we have 7 midfielders who are slow but great at clearances and contested ball?
Obviously showed he can play a position other than midfield, which Mitchell probably couldn’t. Just because he was moved to half forward doesn’t mean he’s easily replaceable. Can still add value and when are ranked elite in tackling averaging almost 5 per game playing forward, that adds a great deal to the team when we are trying to keep the ball in. Top 5 in the game for goal assists. One of the few players in our team who can win clearances and contested possessions.

Last edited:
JDG, surprisingly came in at 10th. If he was 11th do you think he would be replaceable? Obviously.

De Goey is younger with more upside and consistently finishes higher in the BnF than Adams, so obviously that makes him harder to replace. His role in the team is also harder to replace

Nobody is bagging him out but it’s true that he’s been squeezed out of midfield rotations this year and he’s spent a lot of time forward which is not where he’s best suited. Wouldn’t get too upset by the adjectives people use.

He has been bagged. His role has been undersold or disregarded. It's not about particular adjectives.

De Goey is younger with more upside and consistently finishes higher in the BnF than Adams, so obviously that makes him harder to replace. His role in the team is also harder to replace
Lol. So context and some very slight nuance comes into play for De Goey, but not Adams? Just trying to nail down your logic

We mightn’t have won if he had played.

You got some smarts on you, yes sir.

earl dibbles jr wink GIF by Granger Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back